Oakley Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle riding is popular around Oakley because it lies in a beautiful area near San Francisco and provides a convenient way to get from place to place while enjoying the scenery. Negligent motorists and other entities can cut short that enjoyable motorcycle ride by causing a collision, resulting in injuries and, in some cases, fatalities.
If you or a family member has been injured in a traumatic motorcycle accident and needs the guidance of an experienced injury lawyer, call our legal team at (925) 428-5220 for a free consultation.Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
All cases and their circumstances are different. Our team of injury attorneys has many years of experience obtaining compensation for injured or lost loved ones in a motorcycle accident. By reviewing your accident, we can determine what caused it to help you obtain the compensation you deserve. Some of the reasons a motorcycle rider is injured through another's negligence include:
- Failure to yield: The most common cause of an Oakley motorcycle accident happens when a driver makes a left-hand turn in front of a rider without yielding the right of way. In some cases, the driver never looked for an oncoming motorcycle. In others, the motorist misjudges the motorcycle's speed and thinks they can beat them. This is negligent behavior because it's challenging to judge the speed of a vehicle heading toward you.
- Distracted driving: A distracted motorist may not spot a motorcyclist until it's too late to avoid a crash. Common types of distracted driving include texting, talking on a cell phone, changing a radio station, and eating or drinking while behind the wheel of a car.
- Failing to check a blind spot: Drivers who change lanes may forget to check their blind spot before doing so. If a motorcyclist rides in the lane next to the motorist, it can collide.
- Speeding: Speeding is dangerous and contributes to many traffic accidents, including motorcycles.
- Drunk or drugged driving: Drivers who are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, whether illicit or prescribed medicines, are unable to show good judgment, have poor reflexes, and affected vision that makes them a danger on the road.
- Fatigued driving: Overly tired Drivers show symptoms similar to those who are inebriated, which endangers others, including motorcyclists.
- Roadway lack of maintenance: To be safe, roads must be free of potholes, intersections must have adequately functioning traffic lights, overhead lighting must be adequate, and the roadway must be clear of debris, oil spills, and other dangers. When a roadway hazard causes an Oakley motorcycle accident, the government entity charged with maintenance may be liable for injuries. The timeline for filing against a government agency is short, so enlisting the help of an Oakley motorcycle accident attorney can ensure paperwork is prepared correctly and filed under the deadline.
A devastating motorcycle accident injury caused by a negligent driver or other entity can alter a life forever, resulting in high medical bills and lost wages. Because of the lack of protection afforded motorcycle riders compared to those in motor vehicles, severe injuries to the rider are common. They may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Fractured bones
- Crush injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Spinal cord trauma
Many serious injuries can result in the need for long-term medical treatment. The injured party becomes overwhelmed by the rising medical costs, other losses, and how the trauma has damaged their lives. Obtaining a reasonable settlement for your motorcycle accident injuries can be the difference between struggling to pay bills and continuing your life with the comfort of knowing they are covered.We Focus on Motorcycle Accidents
Our law office has successfully handled so many motorcycle crash injury claims. Over the years, our injury lawyers' determination, available resources, and skills have helped recover compensation for many motorcyclists. We even wrote the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook, designed to help answer many questions motorcyclists ask following an accident.How We Investigate Motorcycle Accident Cases
Investigation into an accident is essential in collecting evidence to support a client's claim. This evidence is scrutinized by the at-fault party's insurance company, so it has to be strong. Our investigators go to work by performing the following actions, among others:
- Our investigators check the police report for mistakes.
- They take statements from the witnesses.
- The investigators perform accident reconstruction, which shows the positioning of the vehicles before, during, and after the collision. This evidence often points toward fault and is accepted by courts and insurance companies.
- They check traffic and other surveillance cameras to see if the collision was captured on tape.
- The other motorist's driving record is checked for previous violations.
Because we can conduct negotiations with the insurance company for you and handle everything about your case. You can concentrate on getting better without worrying about covering your medical and other losses. Along the way, we inform you about how your claim is proceeding. Our job is to make your life easier while you rest and recover.
Watch the YouTube video below to learn more about motorcycle accidents and how we can help you with your accident case.Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Oakley, CA
Those injured by a negligent driver or other entity often have many questions, including whether they can claim compensation from the at-fault party. Our experienced Oakley motorcycle accident attorneys are here to answer your questions and offer free and friendly advice when you call us at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400.
Over the years, we've successfully handled many motorcycle accident claims from the Oakley area and the rest of Northern California. We also handle all types of traffic collisions, product liability, government claims, and wrongful death cases. See our Settlements and Verdicts.