Novato Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
After leaving Sausalito, US Route 101 passes through Novato and continues on to Petaluma. This 9-mile stretch of 101 goes from eight lanes to four and is called the Novato Narrows by area residents. It continues to make the list of one of the area’s most congested roadways. One study found that riders spent an average of more than 800 hours a year traveling at speeds of approximately 35 mph between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Efforts are underway to increase the number of lanes since congested roadways lead to increased accidents.Types of Accidents
Let’s look at the types of accidents and violations associated with them in Novato:
- Rear-end collisions: This type of crash occurs most frequently in Novato, happening approximately 56 percent of the time.
- Side-swipe collisions: This type happens less frequently at a density of about 9 percent.
- While 2 percent of accidents are associated with fatalities, an equal number result in severe injuries.
- Visible injuries are found in 22 percent of accidents.
- Approximately 73 percent result in complaints of painful non-visible injury.
- Violations associated with all accidents can be broken down into:
- Accidents related to unsafe speeds happen about 56 percent of the time.
- Drivers making an unsafe lane change cause approximately 17 percent of accidents.
- Improper turns account for 12 percent of accidents.
- Using a bicycle or motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is involved in about 7 percent of accidents in Novato.
- The majority of accidents occur during daylight hours on main roads, including SR 101. A greater number of accidents happen on roadways with street lights than on those without street lights by 19 percent to 17 percent.
One of the most frequent questions I hear from clients is how to choose the right personal injury attorney. That is not difficult if you follow a few quick steps:
Step 1: Make sure the attorney you are thinking of retaining does only personal injury. This is important since many cases can be complex. In addition, specialization ensures that your lawyer will know how to maximize your compensation.
Step 2: Ask how many cases the Novato auto accident attorney you are considering has taken to trial. There is a vast difference between those lawyers who limit what they do for a client, such as settling the case and those who are willing to argue the merits of the case in front of a judge and jury. Sometimes, insurers offer settlements that are embarrassingly low. Accepting what is offered can mean the client will not be able to pay for medical treatment or overcome the hardship of lost wages.
Step 3: Since personal injury cases are taken on contingency, make sure the lawyer you are thinking of hiring has a war chest big enough to pay for experts and other expenses until you win. Not being able to afford case expenses could result in ineffective representation.
Step 5: Don’t be afraid to ask questions. If a Novato car accident lawyer does not answer the questions, make note of it, and check out another lawyer.
The video below provides more information on how to really choose the right personal injury lawyer.Novato FAQ
I need a good auto repair shop. Could you recommend one?
Yes. According to Yelp, two auto repair shops have 5-star ratings:
Novato Auto Service
7000 Redwood Blvd
Novato, CA 94945
Steve’s Auto Care
879 Sweetser Ave
Novato, CA 94945
Where can I find a good rental car agency in Novato?
Favorable reviews were found on Yelp for the following rental car company in Novato:
7401 Redwood Blvd
Novato, CA 94945
I’m Ed Smith, a Novato car accident lawyer. If cannot work at all due to an accident caused by negligence, we will fight to make sure you will have the financial compensation you need to move forward in your life. Call me anytime for free, friendly advice at (415) 521-2515 or (800) 404-5400.
I am a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum in California. This membership is reserved for those attorneys who have case settlements or verdicts of more than $1 million.
I'm also a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
If you like, take a look at my case Verdicts and Settlements page. Here you’ll find information about previous cases I have resolved.
Please continue to explore my website, www.autoaccidents.com to learn more about my practice and additional legal issues.
Photo by Quintin Gellar from Pexels
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 8.28.20]