Novato Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Novato, California, is a mid-sized city of roughly 54,194 people as of 2013. A comfortable distance of 30 miles to San Francisco and a moderate climate have drawn many people to the region. The highways become more congested with population increases, particularly close to main interstates, leading to more roadway accidents.
If you or a family member has been injured in an accident caused by negligence in Novato or elsewhere in Marin County, call our injury lawyers at (415) 521-2515 for a free consultation.Major Roadways Near Novato, CA
After leaving Sausalito, US Route 101 passes through Novato and continues to Petaluma. This 9-mile stretch of 101 goes from eight to four and is called the Novato Narrows by area residents. It continues to list one of the area's most congested roadways.
A study found that riders spent an average of more than 800 hours a year traveling at speeds of approximately 35 mph between 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. Efforts are underway to increase the number of lanes since congested roadways lead to increased car accidents.Traffic Accident Statistics in Novato and Marin County
Let's look at the types of accidents and violations associated with them in Novato:
- Rear-end collisions occur most frequently in Novato, approximately 56 percent of the time.
- Side-swipe collisions happen less frequently at a density of about 9 percent.
- While 2 percent of accidents are associated with fatalities, an equal number result in severe injuries.
- Visible injuries are found in 22 percent of accidents.
- Approximately 73 percent result in complaints of painful non-visible injury.
- Most auto accidents occur during daylight hours on main roads, including SR 101.
- More accidents happen on roadways with streetlights than those without streetlights by 19 percent to 17 percent.
One of the most frequent questions we hear from clients is how to choose the right personal injury attorney. That is not difficult if you follow a few quick steps:
- Step 1: Ensure the accident attorney you consider practices only personal injury. This is important since many cases can be complex. In addition, specialization ensures that your lawyer will know how to maximize your compensation.
- Step 2: Ask how many cases the Novato auto accident attorney you are considering has taken to trial. There is a difference between the lawyers who limit what they do for a client, like settling the case, and those willing to argue the case's merits in court. Sometimes, insurers offer embarrassingly low settlements, and accepting what is offered can mean the client can't pay for medical treatment or overcome the hardship of lost wages.
- Step 3: Since personal injury cases are taken on contingency, ensure the Novato personal injury lawyer you are hiring has a war chest big enough to pay for experts and other expenses until you win. Not being able to afford case expenses could result in ineffective representation.
- Step 5: Don't be afraid to ask questions. If a Novato car accident lawyer does not answer the questions, make a note of it, and check out another lawyer.
Watch the video below to learn more about choosing the best Novato personal injury lawyer for your accident case.Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Novato, CA Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by negligence, we will fight to ensure you get the financial compensation you need to move forward. Call our experienced Novato personal injury lawyers today for free, friendly advice at (415) 521-2515 or (800) 404-5400.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 11.7.22]
Photo by Quintin Gellar from Pexels
cd EAS bw [cs 665]