Newman Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Studies have shown that walking 15 minutes a day can help us stay active and healthy. In Newman, walking along Cinnamon Teal Way to Sherman Park sounds like a great activity until you are hit by a car. If a motorist is careless and hurts a pedestrian, the driver must be held liable. Injured pedestrians are entitled to seek full compensation for their damages.
If you or a family member has sustained severe injuries in a pedestrian accident in Newman or elsewhere in Stanislaus County, call our injury lawyers at (209) 227-1931 for a free consultation.Pedestrian Accident Statistics in the US
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS), the Golden State has some of the most dangerous roads in the country for pedestrians. Statistics from a 2018 report show that:
- More than 14,000 pedestrians were injured, and 893 were killed in California.
- California's pedestrian death rate is 25 percent higher than the national average.
Some traffic safety facts from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicate that in 2018:
- Someone is killed in a pedestrian accident every 84 minutes.
- 81 percent of pedestrian deaths occurred in urban areas, while 19 percent happened in rural areas.
- 17 percent of children 14 and younger were killed in pedestrian accidents.
- 19 percent of pedestrians killed involved hit and run drivers.
Due to limited or no protection, a pedestrian is at a higher risk of suffering serious injuries or death when involved in an accident with a vehicle. There are many laws in California enacted to protect pedestrians from tragic accidents. California Vehicle Code Section 29150 asserts that motorists must yield to a pedestrian crossing the street inside or near a marked crosswalk. Even if someone is walking outside a crosswalk, drivers must still exercise due care to avoid hitting them.What To Do After a Pedestrian Accident
Nobody goes out expecting to be hit by a car. However, it is crucial to know what to do if you are ever involved in a pedestrian accident. If you were injured, the first thing you must do, if possible, is to call 911 for help. If you are capable, do the following to ensure your rights are protected in case you want to file a personal injury claim:
- Take photos of your injuries, the vehicle that hit you, and the accident scene.
- Get the driver's contact information, including insurance, driver's license, and license plate number.
- If there are any witnesses, get their contact information.
- Call the police and ensure you get a police report.
- See a doctor as soon as possible. Some injuries may not be apparent for a few days or even weeks after an accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. If the driver who hit you doesn't have insurance, your insurer may have you covered under your uninsured/underinsured motorist (UI/UIM) policy.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer to help you file a claim for compensation for your injuries and damages.
Being involved in a pedestrian accident can be life-changing because your injuries can put you out of work for weeks, months, or even years. It can be challenging to go through the claim process when you are recovering from a significant injury. Getting compensation for your damages is important, and having an experienced accident attorney on your side can be beneficial. Insurance companies often offer lowball settlements that are far less than what you deserve. Your lawyer is your advocate and will negotiate with the insurance company to ensure you receive the fair compensation you are rightfully owed.
Finding a knowledgeable and trustworthy Newman pedestrian accident lawyer is vital to successfully win your case. Our experienced legal team at AutoAccident.com can help you recover the maximum compensation for your damages.
Watch the YouTube video below to learn how to select the best personal injury lawyer for your pedestrian accident case.Call Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Newman, CA
Getting hit by a car can be traumatic for you and your family, physically, emotionally, and financially. Filing an injury claim for compensation can help you get your life back on track. You can trust our experienced Newman pedestrian accident lawyers to handle your case while you focus on your recovery. Call our law firm today at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly, and compassionate advice.
Our skilled injury attorneys have represented injured individuals and their families throughout Northern California since 1982.
cha [cs 793] bw