Newark Truck Accident Lawyer
Thousands of people drive in Newark, CA, on any given day. Some of those drivers may include truckers transporting goods throughout the golden state. While most of these deliveries start and end without incident for truck drivers, those who do not provide the road their full attention may be involved in a crash with other vehicles. Commercial truck accidents are common in Alameda County and across California. Unfortunately, big rig crashes often involve passenger vehicles and others who cannot escape.
The skilled Newark truck accident attorneys from AutoAccident.com are here to help you and your family in your time of need. If you were injured in a recent big rig crash in Alameda County or elsewhere in California, call us for free, friendly case advice at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400.
The sooner you contact a skilled lawyer after a truck accident in Newark, California, the better. It is best to work with a lawyer with years of experience handling cases like yours, such as ours from AutoAccident.com. Since 1982, our legal team has worked for our clients to ensure they receive maximum financial compensation for their losses, and we can do the same for your case. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you. Our law office operates on contingency which means we do not get paid unless we obtain a successful result on your behalf.What are the Common Reasons for Big Rig Crashes?
Traffic accidents involving 18-wheelers may occur from a wide array of causes. Among the most common include:
- Big Rig Equipment Failure: There are some situations when a part of an 18-wheeler fails to function correctly. Defective truck parts and equipment may contribute to a trucking collision. For this reason, truck drivers and trucking companies are expected to conduct thorough inspections and keep up with maintenance before operating.
- Improperly Secured Cargo: Large commercial trucks are subject to strict weight limitations. When truck drivers exceed the maximum gross weight allowance, the weight of the load may shift during transit. Conversely, a third-party company may also be responsible for improperly loading cargo. In either of these scenarios, wrongly secured loads may cause a trucker to lose control and crash.
- Speeding: A semi-truck collision may occur when a truck driver is speeding or moving too fast to stop in time for slowed or stopped traffic. Speeding may also contribute to an 18-wheeler wreck from causing dangerous load shifts.
- Truck Driver Fatigue: Truckers often work extended hours to meet strict delivery deadlines set out by their employers. Hours of Service (HOS) regulations aim to decrease the number of commercial truck crashes resulting from driver fatigue. HOS details permitted work hours for truck drivers to prevent them from being overworked.
An individual injured or a family who has lost a loved one in a traffic collision involving a semi-truck may have the right to seek financial compensation for their losses through a bodily injury claim or wrongful death action. Following is the list of damages that eligible claimants may seek from a negligent party or entity:
- Economic Damages: The financial losses an injured party or family of a deceased individual has suffered are called economic damages. Injured parties may seek reimbursement for medical bills, wage loss, and other financial losses that have resulted from the incident. Surviving family members may be compensated for the loss of financial support, end-of-life medical treatment (via survival action), funeral service costs, and other economic damages.
- Non-Economic Damages: Injured individuals or surviving family members may receive compensation for the intangible harm they have endured because of a big rig crash. These are known as non-economic damages. Injured parties may be compensated for the disfigurement, loss of enjoyment of life, loss of consortium, and pain and suffering. Survivors may seek reimbursement for loss of companionship, mental anguish, and other non-economic damages.
- Punitive Damages: Aside from non-economic and economic damages, punitive damages may be available in an 18-wheeler accident case. These are intended to punish the at-fault party for the incident and do not aim to compensate claimants for their losses. Instead, punitive damages make an example out of negligent parties and entities for their egregious conduct.
As an injured party or surviving family member, you owe it to yourself and your loved ones to work with the best truck accident attorney from Newark, California, to obtain the compensation you deserve. Learn how our law firm can help you with your big rig crash case by watching the video below detailing our services.Why is it Important to Work with a Trucking Collision Attorney?
Injured parties and families of decedents may be at a significant disadvantage if they opt to handle a claim on their own after a big rig crash. Negligent parties and entities will have their own insurers and defense counsel. The truck driver, trucking company, manufacturer of 18-wheeler equipment, the third-party company that loaded the cargo, or other entity will do everything possible to minimize liability for the incident.
Since the stakes are often high in these cases, it is without a doubt that a personal injury claim or wrongful death action for a commercial truck accident will be disputed. Unlike the other side, a skilled accident attorney will protect their client's rights and best interests throughout the recovery process to obtain a successful result through an insurance settlement or court verdict.Benefits of Hiring a Lawyer for an 18-Wheeler Accident Case
After a trucking collision, an experienced California personal injury lawyer may help level the playing field. Legal counsel on your side means you are better positioned to obtain the maximum financial recovery you deserve. A Newark truck accident lawyer from our law firm can help you and your family in many ways, including:
- Case Evaluation: Our lawyers can help by independently investigating the commercial truck accident to uncover the facts and circumstances surrounding the incident. A thorough assessment of every side of the situation will help us build a strong case for maximum compensation.
- Gather Evidence: The key to a successful personal injury or wrongful death claim for a big rig crash is the presentation of compelling pieces of evidence. Our legal team can help recover eyewitness statements, accident reports by CHP or Newark PD, video surveillance footage, photos of the crash site, and other documents that corroborate your account of the incident.
- Legal Representation: Truck drivers and trucking companies may not always take responsibility for their negligent actions. In these situations, our injury attorneys can be your advocate. Our legal team will stop at nothing to obtain the justice and maximum financial recovery you deserve.
Throughout our years of experience in California personal injury law, we delivered favorable case outcomes and justice to many individuals and families in Newark. Our legal team is here to help you seek the maximum compensation you deserve through a case verdict or settlement after a traumatic commercial trucking collision. If you were injured or lost a loved one in a big rig crash, call our Newark truck accident lawyers at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly case advice.
Editor's Note: Updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 3.7.23]
Photograph Source: "QuintinGellar" via Pexels
:ds llo [cs 1246]