Nevada City Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Nevada City car accident and personal injury lawyer as well as the founder of this website, AutoAccident.com. I proudly represent residents of Nevada City who have suffered serious injuries in accidents.
My firm specializes in severe injuries over a variety of accident types. The types of accidents that we handle include the following:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boating Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
I’m known to many as the “personal” personal injury lawyer because I always prioritize the personal well-being of my clients. When I work with clients, I make sure to understand their needs, hopes, and feelings so that I can make sure they are getting the best help possible. I know first-hand the pain, frustration, and other difficulties that come along with being severely injured because I’ve been in major accidents myself.Wrongful Death Cases
I am also very aware of the overwhelming grief that is involved in a fatal accident. Losing somebody you care about often brings on a wave of intense emotions that can be confusing and very difficult to manage. The knowledge that your loved one’s death could have been avoided if it wasn’t for another party’s negligent behavior often only makes these feelings even harder to deal with. There is a good reason that these accidents are called “wrongful death cases.” My priority is to help you claim the compensation you deserve so that you can recover financially and personally after you’ve endured such a tragic loss.Serving Seriously Injured Nevada City Residents
Nevada City is undoubtedly one of California’s hidden gems. The town is one of the best preserved Gold Rush cities in the nation and is nestled in a breathtaking basin in the Sierra Nevada’s Western Slope. Residents get to enjoy panoramic views of beautiful forests, ridges, and promontories and can easily visit any of hundreds of fishing creeks and hiking trails that lie just outside the city. Not only is the setting beautiful, but the community is unique and hosts exciting events like the Nevada City Film Festival and Victorian Christmas as well as an abundance of non-profit and environmental groups.
It’s no stretch to say that Nevada City is a special place, and every chance I’ve had to visit it from my Sacramento home, I find myself amazed at just how unique and vibrant Nevada City really is.Why Should I Hire a Sacramento-based Attorney?
This is a question that is probably on your mind. Nevada City is over an hour away from Sacramento by car, so why wouldn’t you hire a lawyer who lives closer to your home? There are a couple of important reasons that it makes sense to look outside of your immediate area for a lawyer. Firstly, many quality small-town law firms have had to relocate to larger population centers due to recent economic difficulties. Unfortunately, this means that it can be hard to find a good law firm in a small city. It is also important that you hire a lawyer who specializes in serious injuries. My firm only takes cases involving severe trauma and is selective about who we choose to take on as clients. Often, firms in areas with smaller client bases aren’t able to specialize their practice.
It’s possible that you are one of the many people for whom traveling is difficult because of your injuries. Even if this is the case, I still encourage you to give me a call. I’d be happy to set up a time to meet somewhere that suits your needs.I Take Cases on Contingency
Lawyers can be expensive, and many people who are injured during a crash are worried that they won’t be able to afford a lawyer or will be left with a serious financial burden if their lawyer is unable to successfully resolve their case. However, I take serious injury cases on a contingency basis, meaning that I do not ask for lawyers’ fees unless I can win or settle your case for the amount you deserve. Operating my firm this way means that I can help people who would otherwise not be able to hire a first-rate attorney to help them.How Do I Choose a Quality Attorney?
Most likely, you’ve seen plenty of law firm advertisements online, on television, in newspapers, on billboards, and more. Many of these ads are quick to make a big promise and flash high rates of success. However, I can tell you that very few of these lawyers are truly ready to do everything they can to make sure you receive the money you need.
You may not think that I’m the best attorney for your needs, and that’s fine. However, I’d still like to offer you some advice on what to look for when deciding on an attorney. Below are some of the top ways of finding out the quality of a lawyer:
- Check the lawyer’s reputation - If you are thinking about hiring a lawyer, you shouldn’t take everything they tell you at face-value. It’s always a good idea to make sure that they are respected by the communities they serve. To do this, all you need to do is visit a lawyer’s profiles on sites like Google, Yelp, Avvo, and Facebook. Because the reviews and ratings left on these sites are not published by the attorney, they will let you know what others honestly think about that lawyer’s work.
- Know that your lawyer is experienced - It’s very important for your lawyer to have ample experience with personal injury law. Find out whether or not your attorney deals exclusively with personal injuries and if they have handled cases like yours in the past. Furthermore, you should check to see if the lawyer has courtroom experience and whether or not they would be comfortable seeing your case through to trial. Many times, all it takes is asking a lawyer if they would go to court with your case. The attorney’s answer can tell you a lot about whether or not they are really prepared.
- Research the lawyer’s Verdicts and Settlements - A good, experienced lawyer will have a history of verdicts and settlements and should be happy to share them with you. You should always feel free to ask a lawyer about how they have helped their past clients and how much their clients were awarded for their injuries. Many lawyers have pages on their website where you can read a list of their settlements and verdicts. You can view mine at this link.
- Does your lawyer have the resources to handle your case? Sadly, many lawyers simply lack the resources to take a case to court. Money shouldn’t prevent you from holding responsible parties liable for the damages that they have caused.
The below video contains more helpful advice about how to find a quality attorney to represent you:
If you’d like to learn more about me and my professional history, check out my website’s biography page. To learn about the excellent members of my legal team and their many accomplishments, I encourage you to visit this link. My firm operates as a family, and when we take you on as a client, we think of you as a member.
I’m the author of thousands of articles and reports and articles about local car accidents and personal injury topics. I’ve also written two books about California auto accidents that are available through Amazon.com. These include:
I’m also a member of the below associations and groups:
- Capital City Trial Lawyers Association
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Brain Injury Association of California
I’m Ed Smith, a Nevada City car accident and personal injury lawyer. Accidents can have serious consequences. If your life has been affected by an accident injury, get in touch with me at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for my free, friendly advice.
I’ve been helping the residents of Nevada City claim just repayment for their wrongful death and personal injury cases for well over thirty years. You can see how we have helped our clients by looking at our verdicts and settlements and by viewing our reviews on Yelp, Google, and Avvo.
I founded AutoAccident.com, the leading website serving Northern CA for wrongful death, personal injury, and car accident information.
I’m in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a group reserved for lawyers who’ve won a client over $1,000,000 through a verdict or settlement. Nevada City FAQs:Can you recommend a Nevada City auto shop?
Definitely. These repair shops are well-reviewed:
Nevada City Auto Services
345 Railroad Avenue
Plaza Tire and Auto Service
531 Searls Avenue
This chiropractor has a respected practice:
513 Searls Avenue #3
Photo by depositphotos.com
:ms cha [cs 1524]