Natomas Bicycle Accident Lawyer
According to statistics compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 857 bicyclists in the United States were killed in traffic crashes in 2018.
Watch NHTSA's video below for some basic safety tips when you are out riding your bicycle.Types of Serious Injuries
A bicyclist has very little to protect him or her from the impact of a crash. Even if he or she is wearing a helmet, serious injuries often result from a collision, including:
- Broken bones and serious fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Impact injuries leading to internal organ damage
- Amputated limbs
- Permanent disfigurement
- Spinal injuries
If a person has been injured in a bicycle accident, or a loved one has been killed, it is crucial to contact an experienced Natomas Bicycle Accident Lawyer as soon as possible. There is a limited time in which a legal case may be filed. In order to bring that action, it is necessary to have done an extensive investigation into the negligence of the other party who caused the accident. There must be evidence to show that the person did, in fact, act negligently. Any delays may lead to a deterioration of the physical evidence and a diminished recollection of the facts by witnesses.
In addition to a thorough investigation into the facts of the accident, our skilled attorneys also are ready to do everything necessary to get our clients the right results. Depending on the nature of the accident, we may use bicycle accident reconstruction experts to demonstrate the negligence of the driver and the impact that this had on a person who was injured. Whether through an effective settlement negotiation or a jury trial award, we will do everything possible to get our clients the results that they deserve.Recoverable Damages from a Bicycle Accident
When a person has suffered serious injuries as the result of a bicycle accident, there are many types of damages that may be obtained, including:
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses, including projected future expenses;
- Lost wages and earning potential – These damages are calculated based on reasonable advancement in a career and the benefits that would have been obtained but for the negligence of another person;
- Compensation for physical pain and emotional suffering – This also looks to the future to ensure that a person is made whole, to the extent possible; and
- Punitive damages – These rarely are awarded and only where a trier-of-fact has determined that the actions of the defendant were egregious.
I’m Ed Smith, a Natomas Bicycle Accident Lawyer, with the primary car accident information site on the web, www.AutoAccident.com. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury in a bicycle accident caused by the negligence of another, call me for free, friendly advice at 916.921.6400 or 800.404.5400.
The injury lawyers at the Edward A Smith Law Offices are ready to fight for your rights and interests.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.11.20]
Photo by: Depositphotos.com