Montecito Car Accident and Personal Injury Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Montecito personal injury lawyer. I have been practicing personal injury law in California for more than three decades. I handle cases involving serious personal injury and/or wrongful death.
If you live in Montecito, CA, you may have seen a famous face or two. Celebrities with homes in Montecito include Oprah Winfrey, Drew Barrymore, Jeff Bridges, Ellen DeGeneres, Malcolm McDowell, Rob Lowe, Megyn Price, Eric Schmidt, Jane Seymour, and Patrick Stewart. You have probably enjoyed views of expensive real estate above East Valley Road, as well as incredible ocean views on the southern end of the town.Driving in and around Montecito
While driving along East Valley Road, Sycamore Canyon Road, and Mountain Drive anyone can be at risk for a car collision. All three of these roads form just a portion of what is known as State Route 192. Along the southern end of Montecito runs the U.S. 101 freeway, which connects Montecito with other towns and cities in the Santa Barbara County area, as well as the rest of Southern California. Not only do residents of Montecito travel along these busy highways, but truckers, buses, and many other motorists travel them every day, increasing the possibility of automobile accidents.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or killed in a car accident in or near Montecito, it is vital to get into contact with someone who can help you recover the compensation you are entitled to from those who were at fault. Time is precious in situations like this. Every moment that passes by makes it harder to gather evidence and witnesses’ recollections become murky. Call me today and I will help you obtain the medical care that you need, as well as ensure that all of your rights are protected.Selecting a Montecito Personal Injury Attorney
If you have never been injured before and you have not required the assistance of an attorney, you may be at a loss right now regarding how to select the best personal injury attorney for your case. Fortunately, I have put together some crucial tips and guidelines to help you find the right attorney for your case.
How to Select the Best Personal Injury Attorney for Your Montecito Injuries:
- Check out attorney ratings at Avvo.com. Competent personal injury attorneys should have ratings of 9.0 or higher. Find my Avvo rating here.
- Clients can rate attorneys who have helped them on Google Plus and Yelp. Find out if past clients are satisfied with their service. You can find my Google Plus reviews here and my Yelp reviews here.
- Has the attorney written anything related to personal injury law? I’ve written several books on personal injury law, including The Ultimate California Auto Accident Handbook and The California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. You can purchase my books on Amazon.
- Check out the attorney’s track record by assessing their settlements and verdicts. See my past verdicts and settlements here.
- Does the attorney work exclusively in the personal injury field of law? You do not want an attorney who has only handled a handful of personal injury claims and mostly works with family court matters, for example. You want someone who knows how to handle insurance companies and understands the internal steps of personal injury trials so they can fight for you in the courtroom if necessary.
- Do you feel comfortable with the attorney? This is essential in order for you to convey everything that is necessary for your lawyer to handle your case. If you do not feel comfortable talking to one attorney, move onto the next one on your list.
I’m Ed Smith, a Montecito personal injury lawyer. If you or someone close to you suffered serious injuries in a vehicle collision due to the negligence of another, please call me at (805) 372-0200 or toll free at (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice.
I have been handling cases involving personal injuries and wrongful death for more than 3 decades. When you call we will go over the details of your case and see how best to proceed. The call is free and I handle cases on a contingency fee basis which means you don’t pay until the successful outcome of your case.
I am a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates. The forum includes top ranked US trial lawyers who have obtained settlements and verdicts worth more than 1 Million Dollars.
See my past verdicts and settlements here.
:SB bw [cs 779]