Modesto Personal Injury Lawyer
Modesto, California, is a great place to live. The city has a rich agricultural history evident in its tree-lined residential streets and the peaceful farmland surrounding it. It's a different story downtown with a lively urban center and multiple entertainment venues.
The city of roughly 218,000 has something for everyone, so more people are calling Modesto home. However, with all that the city has going on, there are still times when residents face what seems to be insurmountable financial odds after a serious injury. It is essential to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney in Stanislaus County who will fight for your rights during this difficult time.
The Modesto personal injury attorneys of AutoAccident.com can help you seek compensation for your medical expenses, lost earnings, and other damages. Call our law firm today at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our skilled California accident lawyers.How an Injury Attorney Can Help With Your Accident Case
Many people are thrown into a physical and financial nightmare when an accident happens. Pummeled by rising medical costs and being unable to work, their life seems upside down. Having experienced this sort of devastation ourselves, our legal team at AutoAccident.com understands the fear and worry this brings. We also know that when you're hurt, some people take advantage of your emotional situation to avoid paying what they owe you for your injuries. When you file a claim, ask a drunk driver to pay for the damages you suffered or move forward with a wrongful death lawsuit.
Sometimes, no one wants to admit their guilt and make it right again. That is where an experienced injury attorney in Modesto can help. While investigating your accident, negotiating with the insurance company, or preparing the case for trial, your lawyer will focus on your goals and the full compensation you deserve. Knowing that someone has your back at the end of the day makes it possible to focus on recovering from your traumatic injuries.What Qualifies as a Personal Injury Claim in California?
Personal injuries are those where harm is inflicted on a person instead of property. The damage is due to another person or entity's negligence, and the individual who was harmed or the plaintiff has the right to file a lawsuit in civil court to recover damages.
Some common types of cases handled by our personal injury law firm serving Modesto, CA, include:
- Car accidents: Motor vehicle collisions are the most common reason a personal injury lawsuit is filed. Such accidents are usually caused when a driver is negligent or reckless. However, some are due to automobile defects or government agencies' failure to keep the roads safe. A civil lawsuit handled by a law firm generally involves investigating why the crash happened and gathering information from witnesses and police. An expert in accident reconstruction may be used in complex cases.
- Truck accidents: While truck accidents do not happen as often as car collisions do, it often results in catastrophic injuries to occupants of smaller vehicles. Accidents are usually caused by unrealistic schedules truckers are expected to keep, leading to aggressive or reckless driving or driver error. Inadequate trucker training is another culprit. Poor truck maintenance or failure to follow federal rules also leads to accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents: Despite motorcycle safety efforts, accidents involving a motorcyclist can be devastating for the biker. Motorcycle accidents often cause significant injury and death without the insulation an automobile provides. Since extensive treatment and rehabilitation is often involved in a motorcycle crash, it is essential to obtain maximum compensation with the assistance of a top-rated injury lawyer in Modesto, CA.
- Premises liability: Property owners must ensure that the premises are safe for others. This is true of store owners as well as homeowners. If precautions are not taken, and someone is injured due to that negligence, the owner can be held liable for the financial damages associated with the accident. Most premises liability cases involve slip and fall accidents.
- Dog bites: Another common and sometimes deadly injury in California involve dog bites. Dog owners must restrain their pets, either on a leash or by using a fenced-in area on their property. Failure to do this can result in substantial damages to another person, and the dog owner is liable for such costs.
- Farm accidents: Farmworkers are often injured on the job, and there are many reasons such farm accidents happen. Some common ones involve heavy equipment, pesticide, toxic chemical exposure, and falls. Grain silos can be dangerous for farmers or, if access is not restricted, to neighborhood children. Farm tourism is another situation where non-farm workers visit a working farm, complete with slippery floors and large equipment. Determining liability in such cases may be complex since the responsibility to maintain safe conditions occurs on many levels. Choosing the best personal injury attorney in Stanislaus County, CA, will prove invaluable to your lawsuit.
- Pedestrian accidents: Such accidents are common, and the numbers have skyrocketed in recent years. Since the pedestrian has no protection against a motor vehicle, the nature of the injuries is often severe. Deaths are common, mainly when the motor vehicle travels at or over 40 mph.
- Wrongful death claims: When someone dies due to the negligence of another person or entity, their family faces emotional injury and must deal with the financial repercussions of the person's death. To reduce financial loss, an experienced attorney can file a wrongful death lawsuit in civil court in Stanislaus County. This helps the family with funeral and burial costs, medical care before death, and the person's financial help.
- Bicycle accidents: Like motorcycle and pedestrian accidents, a cyclist has little protection from a motor vehicle weighing several thousand pounds more. Many bicyclists are injured and killed each year despite bike lanes and safety precautions. A personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit can help by taking the burden of financial responsibility from the cyclist or their family.
- Brain injuries: Brain injuries occur in many types of accidents and are some of the most life-threatening. From concussion to hemorrhage, brain injuries can kill or disable the recipient. Due to the need for long-term care for many traumatic brain injuries and the inability to work, the financial cost can be overwhelming. An experienced Modesto injury lawyer needs to be involved in TBI cases.
Two of the most significant losses a person faces after an accident-related injury are those spent on medical care and lost time at work. In a matter of moments, a person may be unable to work, either temporarily or permanently, while facing escalating medical bills. Other losses involve the emotional and psychological trauma an accident causes.
In some cases, the accident is caused by an action that is so egregious that punitive damages can be levied against the negligent party. That is where a personal injury law firm that focuses on its client's needs is essential. To learn more about how an attorney can help, contact our legal team today to schedule a free consultation.How to Choose the Best Personal Injury Attorney Near You
Some attorneys are considered general in their practice. This means that just as general physicians or GPs approach the practice of medicine, a Modesto personal injury lawyer handles a wide variety of cases. While general lawyers are needed when you've been injured, finding an attorney who only practices personal injury law might be better.
Legal issues, just like medical knowledge, have become more specialized, and personal injury lawyers focus on this aspect of the law with all its changes. At AutoAccident.com, we handle only personal injury law, keep up-to-date on changes in legal issues and use this information to better serve our clients. After an accident in Stanislaus County, when looking for a legal presence, look for an attorney who exclusively deals with California personal injury law.
In selecting the highest rated personal injury attorney in Stanislaus County, there are things you need to be aware of, such as:
- Choose a California attorney who practices only personal injury law.
- Look into the lawyer's ability to obtain fair verdicts and settlements for their clients.
- Make sure the attorney can take the case to trial in Stanislaus County, CA, including handling the cost of the case as it goes to court. An injury lawyer works on a contingency basis, and this means they do not get paid until the client wins in court or the case is settled. Without the necessary resources, it would not be possible for a law firm to do this.
- Find a top-rated personal injury attorney serving Stanislaus County, California, who shows compassion for their clients. A client is more than their case. They are people who have been hurt and have had their lives turned upside down, and they often have families who depend on them. Choose an injury lawyer who focuses on the whole person rather than a set of circumstances.
Watch this YouTube video to learn how to choose the best personal injury attorney near you to handle your case.
Modesto, California Personal Injury FAQ
What if the other driver does not have insurance?
What is the time limit for personal injury cases in California?
Time is of the essence when you are injured in a motor vehicle collision. That is because a strict deadline known as the statute of limitations applies to accident cases. Under the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1, you have up to two years to file a lawsuit in court. This must be done if the claim is not settled within that period.
Remember that the time limit may be decreased to as little as six months in cases that name a government agency as a defendant, as per the California Government Code Section 911.2. Contact the best personal injury lawyer in Modesto for more information.
Work with a Modesto Personal Injury Attorney
If you have endured injuries in an accident due to the negligence of another party, our empathetic Modesto personal injury attorneys are here to support and guide you through the claims process to pursue the maximum compensation you deserve. Contact our experienced legal team at AutoAccident.com today at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 to arrange a free case evaluation at our Modesto office.
1015 12th Street, STE 7
Modesto, CA 95354
Our law firm has helped residents of Stanislaus County and the greater Northern California area with their accident cases since 1982. Our knowledgeable and compassionate California personal injury attorneys are here to help get you on the road to recovery.
Editor's Note: updated [cha 5.8.23] Photo Attribution: Pixabay cd [cs 1926]