Merced Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Thank you for visiting my Merced, CA injury information page. I’m Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer serving the community of Merced. I was born in Brooklyn, New York and have made Northern California my home since my discharge from the Air Force in 1970.
Merced is a youthful and diverse community of about 80,000 people. It is nestled in the heart of California’s Central Valley. Merced boasts friendly neighborhoods with tree-lined streets. There are an abundance of bicycle paths along scenic creeks that link to City parks. The downtown area has been revitalized becoming the entertainment center of Merced. The annual festivals and events are not to be missed.
Merced is located southeast of San Francisco making for easy access to the central California coast, major cities, national parks and the Sierra Nevada. Residents have much to do in and around Merced with short drives to fishing, beaches, skiing, and other outdoor attractions like beautiful Yosemite.Injured in an Accident?
If you are visiting my page you have likely been in an accident of some sort. Perhaps you do not know any Merced auto accident attorneys. Choosing an experienced personal injury lawyer in Merced who can really help can be an overwhelming task, especially when you are in physical and emotional pain. You may be concerned about whether or not you will be treated fairly by an insurance company. Perhaps you are already experiencing frustration by your conversations with the insurance company adjusters.
So here you are on the internet trying to find a good lawyer who will help with your personal injury case. When I looked online, I found for example, many large law firms in Merced practicing personal injury law but they had no Google or Yelp reviews. I found smaller law offices with some Yelp reviews but they practice in multiple areas of law, like criminal, family, DUI and business, in addition to personal injury law. I think it is important to have a personal injury lawyer that handles personal injury cases exclusively. You don’t want someone who dabbles in this and that and is a master of nothing. I have worked in personal injury law exclusively for more than 33 years.How to Choose a Merced Car Accident Lawyer
Watch this Youtube video I made that can really help you select an experienced personal injury lawyer.
If you are in a situation where you’ve been in an accident and need to find someone to work with here are some important pointers:
- Look the attorney up in social directories. I recommend Yelp, Google and Avvo. These are great places to begin your search. These sites are popular places that real people can express their opinion about their experience working with someone. See if the attorney you are considering is well-liked in the community which should be evident by great customer reviews.
- Next, go to the attorney’s website. Check for a past verdicts and settlements page. Do they have a long history of excellent verdicts? If not, you may be dealing with a rookie firm that lacks trial experience.
- Check the attorney’s practice areas. Are they specializing in multiple areas of law? You should find an attorney who practices personal injury law exclusively. You don’t want your personal injury case handled by a divorce lawyer. Find someone with years of experience in personal injury law exclusively.
- See if the attorney has client testimonials available on their website. You want to be able to see positive past reviews. A good attorney will gladly provide this information to you.
- Meet with the attorney over coffee. Does the attorney seem like someone you can communicate effectively with? Does he or she really care about you and your injuries? Or does it feel like he or she is looking down on you from behind his high chair.
- What does the law office look like? Is it sparsely decorated? Is there a capable and professional staff working with the attorney or is he a one man show? Will the lawyer you choose have the financial resources available to take your case to trial if necessary?
I’m Ed Smith, I hope you will give me a chance to talk to you about your case. Call me at (209) 227-1931 for free, friendly advice.
My long history of successful case verdicts and settlements may be inspected here.
I have practiced in personal injury law exclusively for more than three decades.
I handle serious personal injury cases involving:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Farming accidents
- Bicycle and Pedestrian accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Animal or Dog Bite Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Defective or Dangerous Products
If you or a member of your family has been seriously injured in Merced, please call for free, friendly advice at (209) 227-1931. I handle cases of a serious nature only. If you have been injured in an accident and suffered minor soft tissue injuries, you can still call me and I will likely refer you to an attorney who can help you with your case.
The reason I take only serious personal injury cases is because I saw a great need for this type of lawyer in Merced.Sacramento Attorney Handling Merced Area Injury Cases
You may be wondering why I handle cases from Merced when my office is 114 miles away in Sacramento. I do this because my research of Merced car accident lawyers did not turn up many lawyers specializing exclusively in personal injury law, who had excellent customer reviews, high case verdicts and settlements or the financial resources and trial experience necessary to take a case to a jury trial.
Unfortunately, many good lawyers were forced out of Merced due to the economic downturn. This has left a huge void in the region for solid legal representation. It is important to me that injured victims, no matter where they reside, have access to solid legal representation.Let’s Go Over the Details of Your Serious Personal Injury Case by Telephone
Call me today at (209) 227-1931. Let’s go over the details of your case. To call and talk to me it is free, so what do you have to lose? If you’ve suffered serious personal injuries due to the negligent acts of someone else and I think you have a good case and that we are a good fit, I will invite you to come visit me at my Sacramento office.
Transportation and Hotel Assistance
When you have a case involving serious personal injuries and I think your case is a good one and we are a good fit together, I will invite you to Sacramento and pay your transportation and overnight lodging costs. It is important to me that I meet you in person and understand what your life was like prior to your injury and what your life is like now. I want to know your background, your hopes, dreams and challenges. That way I am in a better position to advocate for you with insurance adjusters and potentially with a jury if your case ever goes to trial. The more I understand you, your injuries, your needs and the needs of your family the better opportunity I have to bring about a successful outcome in your case.
Contingency Fee Basis
I will take your personal injury case on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay no money up front. You don’t pay anything until and unless I am successful.
A Little More About Me
Take a moment to read my short biography here.
I am a published author of thousands of helpful personal injury related articles related to personal injuries. Those articles can be viewed here.
Do you know what the most dangerous intersections for traffic accidents are for Merced?
Yes. The intersections with the highest occurrence of accidents are:
- 18TH ST & R ST
- BUENA VISTA DR & R ST
- ALEXANDER AVE & G ST
- G ST & MAIN ST
- APPLEWOOD LN & OLIVE AVE
- 20TH ST & M ST
- 8TH ST & Q ST
- 8TH ST & T ST
- 16TH ST & O ST
- 13TH ST & R ST
- BROOKDALE DR & G ST
- COLLEGE GREEN DR & COLLINS DR & OLIVE AVE
- CHILDS AVE & G ST
- DONNA DR & G ST
- 21ST ST & M ST
- M ST & OLIVE AVE
- MEADOWS AVE & OLIVE AVE
- R ST & YOSEMITE AVE
Do you know of a good chiropractor in Merced?
Yes. The following chiropractor has many good Yelp reviews:
Merced Chiropractic Clinic
1180 West Olive Avenue, Suite I
Merced, California 95348
Phone number (209) 384-3255
Do you know of a good auto body shop in Merced?
The following auto body shop had good reviews on Yelp:
Rumin's Auto Body
251 West 11th Street
Merced, California 95340
Phone number (209) 383-1582
I’m Ed Smith, a Merced personal injury attorney. If you or your loved one has been seriously injured in an accident, please give me a call at (209) 227-1931 for free, friendly advice.
Past Verdicts and Settlements and Customer Reviews
I am a California Million Dollar Advocate. Members in this fellowship are leading trial attorneys who have won multi-million dollar cases.
To read some of my high past verdicts and settlements, click: past verdicts and settlements page.
I founded California’s leading personal injury and accident information website: www.autoaccident.com.
The website contains an exhaustive library of accident and personal injury topics.
Image Attribution: Courtesy of Ron Johnson (Own work) [Copyrighted free use], via Public Domain Images at Wikimedia Commons.
- Merced Bicycle Accident Lawyer (209) 227-1931
- Merced Brain Injury Lawyer (209) 227-1931
- Merced Dog Bite Lawyer (209) 227-1931
- Merced Farm Accident Injury Lawyer (209) 227-1931
- Merced Motorcycle Accident Attorney (209) 227-1931
- Merced Pedestrian Accident Lawyer (209) 227-1931
- Merced Truck Accident Lawyer (209) 227-1931
- Merced Wrongful Death lawyer (209) 227-1931