Merced Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Merced is a young and diverse community of about 80,000 people. It is nestled in the heart of California’s Central Valley. Merced is located southeast of San Francisco, making for easy access to the central California coast, major cities, national parks, and the Sierra Nevada.
Centrally located with short drives to the mountains, beaches, lakes, ski resorts, and other outdoor attractions, Merced sees its share of traffic accidents in the area.Injured in an Accident?
If you are visiting our page, you have likely been in an accident of some sort. Perhaps you do not know any Merced auto accident attorneys. Choosing the best personal injury attorney who can help can be an overwhelming task, especially when you are in physical and emotional pain. You may be concerned about whether or not you will be treated fairly by an insurance company. Perhaps you are already experiencing frustration from your conversations with the insurance company adjusters.
Many large law firms in Merced practicing personal injury law, but they had no Google or Yelp reviews. There are smaller law offices with some Yelp reviews, but they practice in multiple areas of law, like criminal, family, DUI, and business, in addition to personal injury law. It is important to have a personal injury lawyer that handles personal injury cases exclusively.How to Choose a Merced Personal Injury Lawyer
The YouTube video below provides a brief summary of choosing the best personal injury attorney in Merced County.
If you are in a situation where you’ve been in an accident and need to find someone to work with, here are some important pointers:
- Look the attorney up in social directories. We recommend Yelp, Google, and Avvo. These are great places to begin your search. These sites are popular places that real people can express their opinion about their experience working with someone. See if the attorney you are considering is well-liked in the community, which should be evident by great customer reviews.
- Next, go to the attorney’s website. Check for a past verdicts and settlements page. Do they have a long history of excellent verdicts? If not, you may be dealing with a rookie firm that lacks trial experience.
- Check the attorney’s practice areas. Are they specializing in multiple areas of law? You should find an attorney who practices personal injury law exclusively. You don’t want your personal injury case handled by a divorce lawyer. Find someone with years of experience in personal injury law only.
- See if the attorney has client testimonials available on their website. You want to be able to see positive past reviews. A top-rated personal injury lawyer in Merced will gladly provide this information to you.
- Meet with the attorney over coffee. Does the attorney seem like someone you can communicate effectively with? Do they really care about you and your injuries? Or does it feel like they are looking down on you from behind his high chair?
- What does the law office look like? Is it sparsely decorated? Is there a capable and professional staff working with the attorney, or is he a one-man show? Will the lawyer have the financial resources available to take your case to trial if necessary?
We take serious personal injury cases involving:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Farming accidents
- Bicycle and Pedestrian accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Animal or Dog Bite Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Defective or Dangerous Products
If you or a member of your family has been seriously injured in Merced, please call for free, friendly advice at (209) 227-1931. We handle cases of a severe nature only. If you have been injured in an accident and suffered minor soft tissue injuries, you can still call me, and we will likely refer you to an attorney who can help you with your case.Handling Your Personal Injury Case on a Contingency Fee Basis
We will take your personal injury case on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay no money upfront. You don’t pay anything until and unless we are successful.Car Accident FAQ:
What should I do after a car accident that's not my fault?
Even if the accident is not your fault, you must remain at the scene until police arrive. If the other driver flees after the accident, that will make it a hit-and-run. Fleeing the scene of an accident is against the law. You must stay at the scene and report the accident.
Who is liable to pay for damages to my car in an accident?
If the other driver is at fault, they are liable to pay for the damages to your car. In most cases, the at-fault driver's insurance company will actually be paying the damages. If you were at fault and have collision coverage, your insurance company will pay for the damages minus the deductible.
Should I still call my insurance company if the accident wasn't my fault?
Yes, even if the accident isn't your fault, it's important to call your insurance company to report it. If the accident involved injuries or property damage, there are several coverages on your insurance policy, such as collision insurance, Med Pay, or towing insurance, that you may want to use. It's essential to report any accident to your insurance immediately to avoid giving them a reason to deny coverage that may be available to you.Contact a Merced Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you suffered a serious injury in a car accident caused by someone else's negligence, our Merced personal injury lawyers could answer your questions on how to recover compensation for your damages. Contact our law firm today at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 8.13.21]
Photo by Tim Mossholder from Pexels