Merced Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Merced is located southeast of San Francisco making for easy access to the central California coast, major cities, national parks, and the Sierra Nevada. Residents have much to do in and around Merced with short drives to fishing, beaches, skiing, and other outdoor attractions like beautiful Yosemite.Injured in an Accident?
If you are visiting my page, you have likely been in an accident of some sort. Perhaps you do not know any Merced auto accident attorneys. Choosing an experienced Merced personal injury attorney who can really help can be an overwhelming task, especially when you are in physical and emotional pain. You may be concerned about whether or not you will be treated fairly by an insurance company. Perhaps you are already experiencing frustration by your conversations with the insurance company adjusters.
So here you are on the internet trying to find a good lawyer who will help with your personal injury case. When I looked online, I found, for example, many large law firms in Merced practicing personal injury law but they had no Google or Yelp reviews. I found smaller law offices with some Yelp reviews, but they practice in multiple areas of law, like criminal, family, DUI, and business, in addition to personal injury law. I think it is important to have a personal injury lawyer that handles personal injury cases exclusively. You don’t want someone who dabbles in this and that and is a master of nothing. I have worked in personal injury law exclusively since 1982.How to Choose a Merced Personal Injury Lawyer
The YouTube video below provides a brief summary of how to choose the best personal injury attorney in Merced County.
If you are in a situation where you’ve been in an accident and need to find someone to work with, here are some important pointers:
- Look the attorney up in social directories. I recommend Yelp, Google and Avvo. These are great places to begin your search. These sites are popular places that real people can express their opinion about their experience working with someone. See if the attorney you are considering is well-liked in the community which should be evident by great customer reviews.
- Next, go to the attorney’s website. Check for a past verdicts and settlements page. Do they have a long history of excellent verdicts? If not, you may be dealing with a rookie firm that lacks trial experience.
- Check the attorney’s practice areas. Are they specializing in multiple areas of law? You should find an attorney who practices personal injury law exclusively. You don’t want your personal injury case handled by a divorce lawyer. Find someone with years of experience in personal injury law only.
- See if the attorney has client testimonials available on their website. You want to be able to see positive past reviews. A top-rated personal injury lawyer in Merced will gladly provide this information to you.
- Meet with the attorney over coffee. Does the attorney seem like someone you can communicate effectively with? Does he or she really care about you and your injuries? Or does it feel like he or she is looking down on you from behind his high chair?
- What does the law office look like? Is it sparsely decorated? Is there a capable and professional staff working with the attorney or is he a one-man show? Will the lawyer have the financial resources available to take your case to trial if necessary?
We take serious personal injury cases involving:
- Auto accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Farming accidents
- Bicycle and Pedestrian accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs)
- Animal or Dog Bite Injuries
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Defective or Dangerous Products
If you or a member of your family has been seriously injured in Merced, please call for free, friendly advice at (209) 227-1931. I handle cases of a severe nature only. If you have been injured in an accident and suffered minor soft tissue injuries, you can still call me, and I will likely refer you to an attorney who can help you with your case.
The reason I take only serious personal injury cases is that I saw a great need for this type of lawyer in Merced.How Our Personal Injury Law Firm Can Help You
You may be wondering why I handle cases from Merced when my office is 114 miles away in Sacramento. I do this because my research of Merced car accident lawyers did not turn up many lawyers specializing exclusively in personal injury law, who had excellent customer reviews, high case verdicts and settlements or the financial resources and trial experience necessary to take a case to a jury trial.
Unfortunately, many good lawyers were forced out of Merced due to the economic downturn. This has left a huge void in the region for solid legal representation. It is important to me that injured victims, no matter where they reside, have access to solid legal representation.Transportation and Hotel Assistance
When you have a case involving serious personal injuries, and I think your case is a good one and we are a good fit together, I will invite you to Sacramento and pay your transportation and overnight lodging costs. It is important to me that I meet you in person and understand what your life was like prior to your injury and what your life is like now. I want to know your background, your hopes, dreams, and challenges. That way I am in a better position to advocate for you with insurance adjusters and potentially with a jury if your case ever goes to trial. The more I understand you, your injuries, your needs and the needs of your family the better opportunity I have to bring about a successful outcome in your case.Handling Your Merced Personal Injury Case on a Contingency Fee Basis
I will take your personal injury case on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay no money upfront. You don’t pay anything until and unless I am successful.Merced Car Accident FAQ:
What should I do after a car accident that's not my fault?
Even if the accident is not your fault, you must remain at the scene until police arrive. If the other driver flees after the accident, that would make it a hit-and-run. Fleeing the scene of an accident is against the law. You must stay at the scene and report the accident.
Who is liable to pay for damages to my car in an accident?
If the other driver is at fault, he or she is liable to pay for the damages to your car. In most cases, the at-fault driver's insurance company will actually be paying the damages. If you were at fault and you have collision coverage, your insurance company will pay for the damages minus the deductible.
Should I still call my insurance company if the accident wasn't my fault?
Yes, even if the accident isn't your fault, it's important to call your insurance company to report it. If the accident involved injuries or property damage, there are several coverages on your insurance policy such as collision insurance, Med Pay or towing insurance that you may want to use. It's essential to report any accident to your insurance immediately to avoid giving them a reason to deny coverage that may be available to you.Personal Injury Lawyer in Merced County
Did you suffer injuries in a car accident in the Merced area? At AutoAccident.com, our Merced personal injury attorneys can help answer your questions on how to recover compensation for your damages. Contact our law firm today at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly legal advice.
Photo by Tim Mossholder from Pexels
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 10.20.20]