Merced Brain Injury Lawyer
Every medical injury is different. Some are impossible to predict and even more challenging to treat. Despite the significant progress in traumatic brain injuries (TBI), this description is still accurate.
While some people may recover fully from TBIs, other families could be left with chronic, lifelong complications resulting from their deficits. One of the best ways to cope with traumatic brain injuries is to prevent neurological damage from happening in the first place.
If you suffered a TBI in an accident caused by negligence, call our skilled legal team at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for a free consultation. Our traumatic brain injury attorneys proudly serve Merced County, California.Leading Causes of Brain Damage
Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict how a neurological injury or insult could develop; however, people should be aware of a few common causes of traumatic brain injuries. Some of the top causes of TBI include:
- Workplace Injuries: Many different fields could expose people to potential neurological damage. While common examples include fields that work with heavy machinery, such as construction, and even desk jobs run the risk of traumatic brain injuries. For example, someone could slip and fall down the stairs at work, leading to severe brain trauma.
- Vehicular Accidents: Auto accidents often have the potential to lead to a TBI. When someone collides with another vehicle or object, their head could strike the steering wheel, windshield, dashboard, or window. This could cause severe trauma to the skull and the brain tissue inside. Serious car accidents could even lead to wrongful death.
- Pedestrian Injuries: When people walk down the street, they are vulnerable to large, heavy, fast-moving cars. If a driver is distracted, they could collide with a pedestrian, leading to severe injuries, including potentially catastrophic brain damage. Everyone should look both ways before crossing the street and pay attention while driving.
These are only a few causes of TBIs. However, these accidents can cause many brain injuries, which everyone should note.Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Numerous types of brain injuries are diagnosed in different manners. While some brain injuries can be diagnosed using a physical exam alone, others could require lab testing or imaging to better understand what is happening inside the skull. Examples of TBIs include:
- Blunt: Blunt brain injuries occur when the trauma does not break through the skull. For example, someone who strikes their head on the floor or gets hit with a baseball bat has experienced a blunt brain injury; however, the brain can still collide with the skull, leading to a serious contusion. If there is a brain bleed in a skull cavity, this can lead to serious neurological consequences.
- Penetrating: The other type of traumatic brain injury is from penetrating trauma. This trauma breaks through the skull and directly impacts the brain tissue underneath. Stab injuries and gunshot wounds are common penetrating trauma that can sever nerves or slice through the blood vessels, leading to serious brain injuries.
These brain injuries have different treatments that patients and medical professionals need to consider. While some brain injuries can be treated with rest and medications alone, others require surgery.
All of these brain injuries have in common that they have non-medical issues that require consideration. This is where an experienced California brain injury lawyer can provide legal assistance.Why You Need a Lawyer for a Traumatic Brain Injury Case
Head trauma is much more than just a medical issue. Numerous ancillary complications could add stress to an already difficult situation. This is where an experienced Merced brain injury attorney can provide valuable assistance.
Examples of problems that could arise from a mild or severe traumatic brain injury case include:
- Car Insurance: Drivers are required to have car insurance if they wind up in an accident where someone is injured. If someone is injured by a driver who doesn't have car insurance, they should still be held responsible for the individual's injuries.
- Proper Equipment Maintenance: Those who work with heavy equipment deserve to use machinery that has been adequately maintained. Sometimes, brain injuries result from improper maintenance of heavy machinery and the negligence of those who failed to maintain it. They should be held responsible for that individual's medical care.
- Coverage of Medical Costs: What happens if an insurance company refuses to pay for the individual's medical care? It could require an experienced lawyer to force the insurance company to honor their contract and cover the costs of doctor's appointments, surgical procedures, tests, and treatment.
- Court Cases: Sometimes, the court system could be necessary to resolve some of these issues. If this happens, having a skilled California personal injury attorney who understands how the system works and can expedite the process is helpful.
An experienced injury lawyer can handle all legal issues in a personal injury case, allowing the family to focus on TBI rehabilitation and recovery. Everyone deserves a helping hand in these challenging situations. Contact an experienced brain injury attorney from Merced, California, for more information.Contact a Merced Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
At AutoAccident.com, our team of skilled traumatic brain injury lawyers serving Merced, California, work tirelessly to obtain maximum compensation for our clients. Contact our skilled attorneys today to discuss your head trauma case in detail and receive free, friendly advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. See our past cases on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Editor's Note: updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 8.24.23] dr bw [cs 915] Photo by Pixabay