McKinleyville Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
McKinleyville, California, is one of those towns you visit and never want to leave. Located along some of California's most beautiful coastline, the 15,177 people who call it home have the advantage of modern conveniences in a peaceful setting. Located along Highway 101, the pace in McKinleyville is leisurely, and many outdoor adventures are within easy distance.
Being injured in an accident can interrupt your life and cause financial strain for the entire family. If you have suffered injuries in an accident in McKinleyville or elsewhere in Humboldt County, call our experienced injury lawyers today at (707) 564-1900 for a free case evaluation.Traffic Accident Statistics in McKinleyville and Humboldt County
While accidents may happen inside the community, they are more likely to be dangerous on the highways. According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, 879 individuals were injured or killed in traffic accidents in Humboldt County in 2016.
Alcohol consumption, a significant cause of traffic collisions, was 162 accidents. Motorcycle collisions caused 58 fatalities and injuries in the county, while 65 accidents involved pedestrians. Speeding is lower than in most California counties, contributing to 43 traffic accident deaths and injuries.Common Causes of Personal Injury Cases
People generally don't think about personal injuries until they experience one. These injuries can happen due to someone else's negligence who commits a traffic offense or a government entity when streets are poorly maintained. Some causes of personal injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Most personal injuries occur because of a traffic accident. Forms of negligence that can lead to personal injury in a crash include drunk driving, speeding, fatigue, and distraction.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorists are often negligent in driving safely near motorcycle riders. Because riders are less conspicuous, they must be cautious around cars and trucks. Traffic infractions often cause accidents with motorcycle riders, and injuries can be severe.
- Truck crashes: Motor vehicles are no match for a collision with an 80,000-pound big rig. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety says that the weight and size of a significant truck cause fatalities and injuries in a crash.
- Pedestrian injuries: Pedestrian accidents often happen at intersections or at unmarked corners. When a pedestrian is struck, the motorist often speeds up or runs a red light. Because of their vulnerability, the risk of serious injuries or fatalities is high.
- Bicycle crashes: Bike accidents caused by a negligent motorist can result in serious injuries. Traffic infractions are a common reason for collisions with a bike.
- Uber or Lyft accidents: Although these are less common, drivers for one of these common carriers can be struck by other motorists. In some cases, the driver may be negligent, and the passenger may claim fair compensation when it results in injuries.
- Dog bites: California has a high number of dog bites each year. Owners must keep their animals under control and leashed when in public. A negligent dog owner can be held responsible for injuries from bites or knocking over someone when injuries occur.
- Airplane crashes: Both commercial and private planes are expected to be maintained in good condition. In addition, the pilot and crew should be experienced and capable.
- Injuries caused by a government entity: Counties, cities, and states must maintain and repair faulty roads, parking lots, traffic lights, and other problems. If a person is injured, they may claim against that government entity.
- Boating: Boating accidents happen because of the negligence of the owner, operator, or rental company.
- Premises liability: Businesses and property owners must maintain properties to prevent accidents. Falls can be caused by cords, poor lighting on stairs, or other conditions.
- Product liability: Design, manufacturing, and other errors can lead to injuries. When this happens, the injured person may claim with the manufacturer and others for fair compensation.
- Drug errors: Drug errors by the manufacturer may include unsafe drugs or mistakes in labeling or packaging. Those who take the wrong medication may find their condition to worsen or have severe adverse effects.
- Faulty medical devices: Some medical devices have been recalled because they have been unsafe. However, some of these devices were implanted in many people, now suffering adverse effects. Financial compensation for those errors can be sought.
- Medical malpractice: Physician, hospital, health care worker, and pharmacist errors and negligence can cause injuries. Misdiagnosis and being given the wrong medication are common problems.
- Workers' compensation: Although most workplace injuries are handled through workers' compensation, not all are. If a third party caused the accident injuries, an experienced lawyer could help you obtain compensation.
- Wildfire injuries and losses: Negligence, such as faulty power lines, can start a wildfire, causing devastating injuries resulting in wrongful death. A McKinleyville injury lawyer may be able to help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve.
- Wrongful death: A wrongful death is losing a loved one due to negligence or an intentional act. In such cases, the family may obtain compensation for that loss.
Watch the YouTube video below to learn how to choose the best McKinleyville personal injury lawyer for your case.Call Our Personal Injury Attorneys in McKinleyville, CA
Accidents cause pain and suffering, lost wages, and high medical bills. When someone else's carelessness was the cause, call our experienced McKinleyville personal injury lawyers for free and friendly advice. We believe those who are negligent and cause injuries should be the ones to pay. We can be reached at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is also available if you prefer.
Editor's Note: updated 6.7.23 Photo by Peter Fazekas from Pexels cd cha [cs 946]