Mather Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Thank you for visiting my Mather webpage. Since 1982, I have represented the residents of Mather as a personal injury attorney. When your accident was caused by negligence, I work hard to get you the fair compensation you need and deserve. I focus on motor vehicle crashes, whether they involve an automobile, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian. If you or your loved one was injured or you lost a family member due to negligence, I would be honored to help.About Mather
Mather is a peaceful, friendly town located southwest of Rosemont and southeast of Rancho Cordova. It registered a population of 4,201 in 2017 and offers easy access to Route 16 and Lincoln Highway. It was named after Carl Spencer Mather and Mather Air Force Base, which closed in 1993. Mather entered World War II in 1917, and because of his flight experience, he was commissioned as a 2nd lieutenant. He died in January 1918 at Ellington Field in Texas during a training exercise. His classmates who were attending flight school at the new Mills Field base near Sacramento requested that it be renamed Mather Field in his honor. The 320th Bombardment Wing of the Strategic Air Command was hosted there from 1958 through 1989.Repurposing of the Base
In 1995, the base was repurposed as a general aviation and cargo airport. About 15 years later, Mather was home to numerous businesses and agencies with thousands of employees, many homes, Veterans Park and even an 18-hole golf course. It’s also home to the California Capital Airshow, an event that people come to see from all over.Accident Injuries in Mather
Accidents happen everywhere, even in a town as peaceful and charming as Mather. Because motorists there often take the highway to go to Sacramento or surrounding communities, that increases the risk that they may be injured by a negligent driver. Traffic accidents are a common cause of a personal injury. They may involve automobiles, trucks, bicycles, motorcycles, or a pedestrian.Reasons Accidents Happen
Common reasons for accidents include:
- Speeding: A common cause of accidents, injuries can occur to other motorists, pedestrians, or those riding motorcycles or bicycles. Speeding increases the likelihood of more severe injuries and fatalities.
- Drunk or drugged driving: Motorists who are intoxicated by either drugs or alcohol present a danger to others on the road. Because it can affect their reflexes, judgment, and ability to drive safely, they cause many fatalities and serious injuries every year. Also, drugged drivers don’t necessarily have to be using illegal substances. There are specific prescription and over-the-counter drugs that can affect a driver’s abilities.
- Poor road maintenance: Poorly maintained roadways don’t just mean potholes, fissures, or other types of damage. It includes non-functioning traffic lights, missing or obscured signage and bridges or overpasses that have not been brought up to code. Government entities are responsible for maintenance. When an accident is caused by negligence, the injured person can hold them accountable for the financial damages that were caused.
- Distracted driving: Driving while distracted is a common problem among motorists. Some are texting or talking on their cell phones, others are chatting with passengers or looking for a radio station. Actions that take the driver’s eyes and concentration from the road can quickly result in an accident.
- Fatigued driving: There can be many causes of fatigued driving, such as performing shift work or just staying up too late the night before. However, driving when too tired means the motorists are not as aware of their surroundings as they should be.
My YouTube video below explains how distracted driving is like driving blind.Personal Injuries Due to Negligence
Personal injuries can cover a wide range of areas, and my firm handles many of them. What they have in common is that negligence was the cause of the accident, and someone was either injured or died as a result. Following are some of the other areas where personal injuries occur:
- Dog Bites
- Defective Medical Devices
- Drug Products Liability
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Traumatic Injuries
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
There are many lawyers to choose from when you need help, and that makes it a difficult decision. Having information on a lawyer can help you decide who would be a good fit to advise you or handle your case. I grew up in Brooklyn, New York, where people are direct and go to bat for what they believe. Afterward, I served in the Air Force during Vietnam on a flight crew. Then I headed west to attend the University of California at Davis, where I graduated with honors before going to McGeorge School of Law.Media and Books
Some may remember me from the cable television show, Ask the Lawyer, where I appeared for 10 years. I enjoyed answering people’s questions about personal injuries. I took it a step further by writing two books: The Ultimate California Auto Accident Handbook and the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. Both are free on Amazon as a Kindle download.My Private Life
My wife and I were married in 1978 and have a wonderful son and grandson. In my leisure time, I like to go snorkeling or hiking near Lake Tahoe. I also enjoy music and reading.Mather Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Following an accident, there are some questions often asked by my clients.
Q: I have damage to my vehicle. Do you know of a good mechanic near Mather?
A: Reviews by Yelp say that the following mechanics are some who are highly rated:
3381 Durock Rd
Cameron Park, CA 95682
Phone number: (530) 672-2209
3293 Saratoga Ln
Cameron Park, CA 95682
Phone number: (530) 212-8050
Q: Can you recommend a highly rated car rental agency near Mather?
A: Some of the best-rated car rental agencies near Mather include:
3400 Cameron Park Dr
Cameron Park, CA 95682
Phone number: (530) 676-9658
9700 W Stockton Blvd
Elk Grove, CA 95757
Phone number: (916) 683-2500Mather Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Mather car accident lawyer. I believe that no one should have to pay for injuries caused by another’s negligence. If you or a loved one was injured, call me for my free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. You can also call me at (800) 404-5400 from elsewhere in Northern California.
I belong to several groups that I am proud of, including the Sacramento County Bar association, the State Bar of California, and the American Trial Lawyers Association. I am particularly pleased to belong to the following groups because they exemplify my passion for the law and dedication to my clients:
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum: Membership is awarded to those trial lawyers who have had a client who was awarded more than one million dollars in a verdict or settlement.
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel: Lawyers who demonstrate the highest level of legal excellence are invited to this group.
One good way to find out more about a legal practice is to see what others have said about their experience and review some of the cases the firm has handled in the past. You can find links to this information about my law firm by visiting the pages below:
Photo Attribution: Pixabay
:cd cha [cs 1201]