Madera Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Madera is located in the heart of California's Central Valley. As the county seat of Madera County, it offers some of the lowest housing costs in the state. It is centrally located near historical places like Yosemite National Park and other outdoor regions. Madera is on the smaller side of the city, but traffic accidents can still occur.
If you or a family member has been injured in an accident in Madera or elsewhere in Madera County, call our legal team at AutoAccident.com for a free consultation. Call us today at (559) 377-7676 for free, friendly advice.Traffic Accidents in California
The number of serious car accidents resulting in catastrophic injuries or wrongful death continues to rise in California. The National Safety Council reported that over 40,000 people were killed in car crashes in 2017.
Nationally, the numbers are not much better. In 2018, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that 36,750 people were killed in car accidents. The NHTSA stated that fatal accidents decreased for drivers and motorcyclists but increased for accidents involving large trucks, bicyclists, and pedestrians.
A spokesman for the California Office of Traffic Safety indicated that the jump in fatal auto accidents was primarily caused by drivers under the influence of alcohol and drugs such as prescription medications and drivers getting distracted by cell phone use.Common Injuries Suffered in Madera Auto Accidents
No matter what caused your Madera car accident, your injuries are your biggest concern. As a Madera auto accident attorney, some of the most common traumatic injuries our clients suffer in highway accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Cuts and lacerations
- Head, neck, and spinal injuries
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Paralysis and nerve damage
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you or a loved one was involved in a severe wreck caused by another driver's carelessness and you suffered injuries, first and foremost, get medical treatment. If an ambulance arrives at the scene, take it and get treatment at the ER. Do not put off getting examined by a trained medical professional, even if you think your injuries "aren't that serious." You may have an injury that is not visible, such as a concussion.
When able, try to obtain copies of the accident report filed by state police, the name and contact information of the negligent driver, their auto insurance information, and any photographs taken of the accident scene. If there were any eyewitnesses to the accident, you should also obtain their contact information. If this sounds like a lot of work, it is. This is a big reason you should contact a Madera personal injury lawyer.
The car accident injury claims process can be complex and tеdiоuѕ. You need to collect an array of documents and invoices, speak to witnesses, contact insurance companies, etc. An experienced Madera personal injury attorney can take the pressure off you, handle this evidence collection process, and file a claim with the negligent driver's insurance company. Your accident attorney will also negotiate and seek maximum compensation on your behalf.What To Do When the Auto Insurance Company Calls
Once an auto insurance company is notified of an accident, a claims representative will likely call you and ask for a recorded statement. It is best to decline and refer them to your lawyer (if you have already hired an attorney). Why? Because innocent statements could potentially be manipulated to make it look like the accident was your fault or that you were not really injured in the collision.
The claim adjuster may also try to pressure you into agreeing to a low-ball settlement that is far less than you deserve based on your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.Why It Makes Sense to Hire a Lawyer
Some реорlе wоndеr if they really need a personal injury lawyer to handle their саѕе. Statistics support the claim that you should hire a personal injury attorney to obtain a sizable recovery either through settlement or jury verdict. According to the Insurance Research Council, injured claimants represented by an attorney received 3.5 times more in a settlement than unrepresented claimants. Here are some other reasons why you should hire a personal injury lawyer if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident:
- Injury lawyers spend their days working to resolve claims day in and day out. They are specialists with extensive experience practicing in this area of law. This experience and exposure to the inner workings of the injury claims process can prove invaluable when negotiating with an insurance adjuster and pursuing maximum compensation for your claim.
- Injury attorneys have a better understanding of all available insurance coverage. This is critically important because the amount you can reasonably expect to recover through a personal injury claim depends mainly on the auto insurance coverage you can access. If, for example, the negligent driver has bare-bones auto insurance coverage or, even worse, no auto insurance, you'll need to file an uninsured (UI) or underinsured motorist (UIM) claim through your own auto insurance policy.
- Injury lawyers can give you a rough estimate of what you can reasonably expect to recover through an injury claim, especially once they have reviewed your medical records, lost wages, and other related damages stemming from the accident.
- Injury attorneys can also ensure you don't miss out on essential filing deadlines. For example, a car accident injury lawsuit needs to be filed within two years from the accident date. After two years, your case will likely get thrown out of court.
The video below explains what to expect in the first consultation with a personal injury lawyer.We Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
Another key reason you should contact an attorney about your car accident is because it is low risk and high reward. It is low risk because most injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis. This means they get paid contingent upon reaching a settlement or winning a jury verdict for you. If they do not obtain a financial recovery, you do not owe them any legal fees.
If you are looking for a Madera auto accident attorney for help concerning the injuries you suffered in a car wreck, we are here to help. You may be frustrated by discussions with the other driver's insurance company and maybe even your own insurance company.Personal Injury Lawyers in Madera, CA
If you or someone you hold dear has suffered an injury or wrongful death due to a negligent motorist, call our experienced Madera personal injury lawyers today at (559) 377-7676 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice. When you call, we will go over the details of your accident case and decide how best to move forward to recover compensation for your losses from the at-fault party.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 8.5.22]
:sb bw [CS 1233]
Photo by Skitterphoto from Pexels