Madera Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I have successfully handled many injury cases over my 38 years as a Madera motorcycle accident lawyer. I understand how to get around jury bias and help an injured motorcycle rider get the compensation they deserve. I even wrote a book called the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook, which can be read online for free or downloaded on Kindle and tells a rider everything they need to know if they are involved in a collision.Common Reasons for a Motorcycle Accident
No matter how cautious a motorcyclist is, sometimes accidents happen. This makes it essential for riders to be alert to their surroundings and try to be conspicuous so other motorists can see them. However, it’s difficult for a motorcycle rider to avoid an accident at times, no matter how careful they are. Some of the most common reasons for a collision that involves a motorcyclist include:
- Drunk drivers: Drunk drivers cause more than 10,000 fatalities every year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Poor reflexes, bad judgment, and other conditions lead to many accidents with a motorcycle.
- Bad road conditions: Although many motorcyclists are cautious when going out in rainy or snowy weather, that doesn’t mean that drivers of passenger vehicles are. Speeding, tailgating, and other negligent acts can cause a collision that is not the rider’s fault.
- Dooring accidents: Motorists and their passengers who open a car door without checking to see if someone is coming can cause this type of collision.
- Misjudging distances: In one of the most common types of accidents with motorcycles, a motorist decides to make a turn and ends up in the path of the rider.
- Lane splitting: Even though a motorcyclist may be cautious while lane splitting, a motorist might decide to change lanes without looking or even intentionally block a rider from passing their vehicle.
- Blind spots: Motorists sometimes forget to check their blind spots before changing lanes. This is especially a problem if the blind spots of their vehicles are wide. This can lead to a motorcycle accident.
Injuries from a motorcycle accident are often serious, and some result in fatalities. Some of the injuries a motorcycle rider is likely to suffer include:
- Broken bones: Whether crashing the motorcycle against a motor vehicle, the roadway, object, or being ejected from it, broken bones are a common occurrence that can cause severe fractures.
- Road rash: Sliding along the pavement, gravel, or other surfaces can lead to serious road rash injuries, cuts, bruises, and abrasions.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Head trauma from a motorcycle accident can be severe, especially if the rider isn’t wearing an appropriate helmet. Those who suffer TBIs in their more severe forms can require lifetime care and end up with permanent brain damage.
- Spinal cord damage: Spinal cord damage can end up causing partial or complete paralysis, which is incurable and means the injured person loses their quality of life. Many spinal cord injuries occur as a result of a traffic accident, with about 48 occurring daily.
- Amputations: Crush injuries incurred in a motorcycle accident can result in the loss of digits or an upper or lower limb when it cannot be saved. This can affect the quality of life and ability to earn a living in the future. A Madera County, CA motorcycle accident lawyer can help an injured biker obtain financial compensation for their damages.
- Fatalities: Many motorcycle accidents result in the rider’s death, which leaves behind a grieving family who have lost their means of support. In these cases, the family members supported by the deceased loved one may place a wrongful death claim to recover damages.
The following video discusses some of the most common motorcycle accidents.Following a Motorcycle Accident
When you have been hurt in a traffic collision caused by the negligence of someone else, it is essential to seek legal representation from a top-rated Madera motorcycle accident law firm as soon as possible. This is so the evidence to support your claim can be gathered before it disappears or is covered up. An investigation into a motorcycle accident injury claim includes:
- The investigators go to the site right away to talk to witnesses and check for errors in the police report.
- They perform accident reconstruction, which shows the placement of the vehicles and can indicate driver error such as speeding or distracted driving.
- The investigators search for traffic surveillance and business cameras that may have caught the collision on video.
- They check to see if the driver of the vehicle was committing a traffic infraction such as driving drugged or drunk or other offenses.
- Road defects such as missing signs, potholes, crumbled shoulders, and other areas where maintenance has been neglected are checked. If poor road maintenance led to a motorcycle accident, the government entity in charge may be liable for damages.
Our lawyers take over when all the evidence is collected to build a strong case that favors our client. It can be used in insurance company negotiations or preparing a case to present in court.Madera County, CA Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Hurt in a motorcycle crash in Madera, CA? Call our motorcycle accident injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com for free, friendly case advice at (559) 377-7676 or (800) 404-5400. Our legal team will determine if you are entitled to financial compensation and what options you have for recovery.
Client reviews and cases that my law firm handled in the past can be found at the following:
Since 1982, I’ve successfully handled many cases for Madera residents, including in all kinds of car accidents, truck crashes, wrongful deaths, and to recover damages for traumas such as brain injuries.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 9.2.20]
Image by SplitShire from Pixabay
:cd llo [cs 1,060]