Los Banos Truck Accident Lawyer
People who enjoy peaceful lives in Los Banos must take Interstate 5 to get to Sacramento or Stockton. Although they probably don't think about being involved in a truck accident, it's along highways where the most danger lies. California has had more drivers sharing the roadways in the past few years, but the number of big trucks has also increased since it's the primary way goods are shipped throughout the state.Why Place a Claim for Compensation Following an Accident Injury?
Those injured in a collision often face high medical expenses and other losses. We strongly believe these people shouldn't have to bear the financial burden of an accident that wasn't their fault. Our injury lawyers work hard to obtain fair compensation for the trauma you experienced. That way, you can concentrate on getting better without the financial stress. Since 1982, the legal team at AutoAccident.com has provided quality representation and service to the residents of Los Banos, and we have the legal talent and experience to help you win your case.Recovering Compensation Following a Los Banos Truck Accident Injury
Our legal team has successfully helped many people injured in a collision with a tractor-trailer or other type of big truck. Recovery of damages includes:
- Medical costs related to the accident: Medical expenses can be recovered when a truck accident lawyer in Los Banos files your claim. Recoverable costs include urgent care or emergency room fees, ambulance costs, physician bills, surgeries, prescriptions, and diagnostic tests. Some patients require speech, physical or occupational therapy and assistive devices such as walkers, wheelchairs, and the like when injuries are severe. The costs of those are recoverable also. In addition, out-of-pocket expenses are recoverable, such as gasoline to take you back and forth to medical appointments.
- Lost wages: Many accidents with trucks cause the injured party to lose time at work for which they aren't paid. If you are still working, your unpaid wages and time lost due to medical appointments, therapy, and other treatments can be recovered. Extras with your employment, such as bonuses, retirement savings, and commissions, are also recoverable. It's essential to record all the time you lose from work to document your wage losses.
- Future wages: Some injured parties can either not return to work or take a lower-paying job or fewer hours. These losses can be calculated until retirement and factored into the settlement.
- Pain and suffering: This category encompasses physical psychological, and emotional distress. Many people suffer from anxiety, nightmares, and fear of driving or riding in a vehicle. In others, post-traumatic stress disorder occurs, which requires professional treatment. A Los Banos truck accident attorney can help an injured party obtain fair compensation for the collision caused.
- Loss of consortium: The spouse of the injured party may file in conjunction with the personal injury claim for loss of comfort, affection, consortium, and companionship.
- Loss of guidance: Children in the family may file for the loss of nurturing and guidance that the injured parent provided and could not continue doing because of the truck accident injury.
Most accidents are caused by negligence, and truck drivers and the companies that employ them are no different. Some of how a trucker or trucking company can be negligent, which requires assistance from a Los Banos truck accident lawyer, include:
- Lack of driver training: Trucking companies have had problems finding enough drivers to deliver their goods for the past few years. Unfortunately, some companies have hired inexperienced drivers who can't safely handle a big rig. By applying the wrong brakes, not slowing down in certain areas, and making maneuvers they are unaccustomed to, the driver can end up causing a collision.
- Failure to follow state and federal regulations: States and the federal government regulate the hours a truck driver can be on the road and their mandatory rest breaks. However, due to pressure from the company or traffic backups, the driver may be tempted to break these rules to deliver on time. An injury lawyer can examine the ELD or logbook to find out.
- Speeding: is common among truck drivers because of their urgency to make their deliveries, and a sudden traffic stoppage or detour can put them behind schedule. Since a speeding passenger vehicle can cause more severe injuries if it collides with a car, the trauma can worsen with a big rig, mainly if it results in an override accident.
- Distracted driving: Spending long hours on the road can lead to distracted driving, even among truck drivers. However, when a truck driver becomes distracted, it can turn lethal.
- Fatigued driving: Truckers can become bored and tired because of their long hours behind the wheel of a big rig. Just as in drivers of passenger vehicles, a fatigued driver can end up causing a severe traffic collision.
- Improper vehicle maintenance: Although all big rigs must be inspected each time they are taken out on the roadway, that doesn't mean that necessary maintenance is performed by the independent operator or trucking company. Bad tires, brakes, or other problems can contribute to a truck accident that involves other vehicles.
- Badly loaded or overloaded trailers: A big rig trailer that is badly loaded can experience a rollover or jackknife accident when the cargo suddenly shifts. The same problem can occur with an overloaded trailer, especially around a sharp curve, downhill, or during high winds.
Watch the following video to learn why truck accidents are more severe than passenger vehicles.Truck Accident Lawyers in Los Banos, CA
When you or a loved one has suffered injuries caused by a negligent truck driver or company, you may benefit from speaking to a Los Banos truck accident attorney. We offer free and friendly advice when you call us at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400. You can also send us a message online. Having information about a law firm can be helpful when you're seeking advice. See our past Settlements and Verdicts to learn more.