Los Banos Motorcycle Accident Attorney
One of the many reasons California is the best place to live is its great weather. Most of the areas in California are sunny and warm all year round, making it ideal for motorcycle riders, particularly in Merced County. Since a motorcycle is far cheaper to use as a mode of transportation due to gas prices, riding a bike to work and school makes perfect sense for motorcyclists. The unfortunate reality of the increased number of motorcycles on the road has led to a spike in crashes because of inattentive and careless motor vehicle drivers. That is why motorcyclists should seek legal assistance from an experienced attorney if they are involved in an accident and need someone to protect their best interests.
When you have been hurt in a crash as a motorcyclist, it is best to contact an experienced Los Banos motorcycle accident attorney from AutoAccident.com for free, friendly advice on your options for recovery. Call our law firm at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 to set up a free consultation today.
Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Los Banos can review your claim's details anytime and discuss your legal options for recovery. Should you decide to retain us to represent you and your case, we will help you seek financial compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other costs.Top Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in California
A traffic accident involving a motorcyclist may occur for various reasons. Some of the most common causes of motorcycle crashes at intersections and on highways include:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Excessive speeding
- Not yielding the right of way to bikers
- Following too closely or tailgating
- Making unsafe turns in front of motorcycle riders
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Failure to obey stop signs and traffic lights
- Dangerous road conditions, including defects such as unsafe roadway design, potholes, and more (road defects fall under government entity claims, which follow a six-month statute of limitations under California Government Code Section 911.2).
Unlike motor vehicle occupants, motorcycles offer riders little to no protection, leaving motorcyclists susceptible to catastrophic injury or fatality. Some of the most common injuries our Los Banos motorcycle accident injury attorneys see at our law firm include the following:
- Back and Neck Injuries
- Broken Bones
- Internal Trauma
- Pelvic Fractures
- Road Rash
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
- Upper and Lower Extremity Injuries
- Wrongful Death
In a crash where a motorcyclist is hurt by the negligence of another driver or entity, a Los Banos motorcycle accident lawyer may hold that party financially accountable for the injuries and damages suffered by the motorcyclist or their immediate family for:
- Past and future medical expenses that are deemed reasonable and necessary for the treatment of injuries related to the motorcycle accident
- Lost income, including the loss of future earning potential, because of a permanent disability suffered in a motorcycle crash
- Property damage to the bike or other personal belongings in an accident (e.g., motorcycle helmets, jackets, gear, etc.)
- Pain and suffering for the emotional and physical effects a motorcycle accident injury has caused upon an injured biker
- Facial scarring and disfigurement for the costs of plastic surgeries to revise the appearance of scars on the face and psychological counseling to treat the emotional trauma related to the disfiguring motorcycle accident injuries
- Loss of consortium to compensate the spouse of the biker for injuries and damages the other party's negligence has caused to their marital relationship (e.g., loss of emotional support, inability to conceive a child because of a severe injury such as paralysis, etc.)
- Funeral expenses, end-of-life medical costs, loss of future financial support, lost companionship, and other losses related to losing a loved one in a fatal motorcycle accident are recoverable through a wrongful death claim.
- Other economic and non-economic damages directly related to injuries sustained in the motorcycle crash.
Under specific circumstances, the biker injured in the collision and their Los Banos motorcycle accident injury attorney may seek punitive damages if they were harmed due to egregious conduct by the at-fault party. In motorcycle accident injury cases, punitive damages may be sought from negligent parties for excessive speeding or drunk driving. These punish at-fault parties for their wrongdoing and prevent similar situations from happening to other motorcyclists in the future. For additional information on the types of monetary damages that may be claimed in a lawsuit, watch the video below by our Los Banos motorcycle accident law firm.Importance of Hiring an Injury Lawyer After a Motorcycle Accident
Our experienced Los Banos motorcycle accident attorneys at AutoAccident.com can provide you the legal representation you need for your personal injury case to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses incurred. Our team of injury attorneys will independently investigate the motorcycle crash and ensure every fact and circumstance is documented. We will recover the personal injury damages you may be entitled to, including costs of past and future medical treatment, lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, pain and suffering, and any other damages you and your family have suffered because of someone else's negligence. If the driver responsible for the motorcycle accident has little to no bodily injury liability coverage to pay for your injuries and losses incurred, we will explore other options for recovery, including your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM) to cover your damages.Los Banos Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Since 1982, our Los Banos motorcycle accident injury lawyers have protected the best interests of motorcyclists and their families from complex insurance companies and negligent parties. We will ensure all filing criteria and deadlines, including the two-year statute of limitations for personal injury, are met in your case. Our legal team will also ensure the insurance carrier offers you what you deserve for your economic and non-economic damages. If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in a motorcycle collision, contact our legal team as soon as possible to schedule a free consultation to determine your best options for recovery moving forward.
Editor's Note: updated 6.16.23 Photograph Source: "codymonser" via Pixabay ds [cs 1053] cha