Loomis Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycles are a popular mode of transportation, especially here in California, with the weather staying nice longer during the year. However, with more bikes on the road, there's also a higher risk of accidents. Without the metal protection of a motor vehicle, a motorcycle accident can cause serious injuries to the riders.
If you or a family member has been hurt in a motorcycle accident due to someone else's negligence in Loomis, call our law firm today at (916) 921-6400 to discuss your legal options. Our experienced injury attorneys will provide you with free and friendly advice.Top 6 Things to Do After a Motorcycle Accident
What you do immediately after a motorcycle accident depends on the seriousness of your injuries. With severe injuries like bone fractures, the first thing you should do is seek medical treatment. If your injuries are minor, you should stay at the accident scene to collect evidence and information from the other party involved. Below are the steps to take:
- Call the appropriate law enforcement agency to respond to the accident and write a traffic report. Remember to ask for a copy of the report.
- Get the names, insurance policy information, phone numbers, and driver's license numbers from all parties involved in the accident.
- Get contact information and a statement from witnesses. You can use your phone to record their statement.
- Take pictures of the crash scene and focus on roadway marks or placement of the vehicles.
- Get hold of your insurance company to explain what happened.
- Go see your primary doctor as soon as possible or go to the emergency room if your pain worsens.
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating and can cause life-long injuries. Three of the most detrimental injuries include:
- Head and Neck Injuries: Nearly 80 percent of all injuries are to the head and neck. The severity of these head and neck injuries depends on whether the rider was wearing a helmet when the accident happened.
- Traumatic Brain Injury: One of the most serious and life-changing is a traumatic brain injury. This type of injury can deprive the person of their identity and ability to function with everyday tasks.
- Spinal Cord Injury: Another life-altering injury is to the spine. Depending on where the injury occurred, the person may be paralyzed. If the injury occurs higher on the spinal column, the person has a greater chance of being paralyzed in all four extremities.
- Loss of Limbs: Some severe motorcycle accidents can cause limb injuries that require amputation.
- Bone Fractures: There's a good chance that the rider can sustain bone fractures when they are thrown from the motorcycle. Some fractures can require surgery or get cast for an extended period.
- Dislocations: When a biker is thrown off the motorcycle, they can sustain shoulder dislocations.
- Road Rash: While a road rash is considered a minor injury, it can be painful and cause infections.
Following your accident, the insurance company will contact you to provide information about your injuries. You will have an adjuster assigned to your case. Your adjuster may visit the crash scene or ask to get a copy of your medical records regarding injuries from the accident. You can request the records from your doctor or hospital yourself and forward them to the insurer. If you retain a motorcycle accident attorney, they can obtain the records, review them and send them to the insurance company on your behalf.
This video provides a few safety measures that you should take to keep safe on the road while riding your motorcycle.Why You Need a Loomis Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Aside from dealing with the physical and emotional pain from a motorcycle accident, you may also face financial hardships from high medical bills, physical therapy treatments, and loss of time from work. At this stressful time in your life, you may not know what steps to take. Most insurance companies have an in-house legal team that knows the law relating to motorcycle accidents. Having an experienced Loomis motorcycle accident attorney on your side is instrumental when dealing with the other party's insurance companies and legal representatives. Call a personal injury lawyer for motorcycle accidents if you have questions.Contact Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Loomis, CA
Motorcycles are fun to get around town, but sometimes accidents can cause significant injuries and even death. If you or a family member has been involved in a motorcycle accident, call our experienced Loomis Motorcycle Accident Attorneys for free, friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can also reach us online.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 1.6.22]
Photo by ajay bhargav GUDURU from Pexels
:cha [cs 838]