La Riviera Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
La Riviera is a peaceful and residential neighborhood in Sacramento, characterized by its charming streets adorned with trees. Its prime location provides residents with the convenience of being close to Rosemont, Arden-Arcade, and Rancho Cordova, offering a perfect blend of tranquility and urban amenities. The area is also renowned for its exceptional schools, making it an appealing choice for families.
While La Riviera's serene ambiance may give the impression of safety, unfortunate accidents caused by the negligence of others can still occur. When faced with such a situation, it is essential to seek the assistance of an experienced personal injury lawyer in La Riviera. They can provide the legal expertise to help you obtain the financial compensation you deserve.
Our legal team is dedicated to serving the La Riviera community, and we understand the challenges you may face after an injury caused by someone else's negligence. By calling us at (916) 921-6400, you can schedule a free case evaluation with our knowledgeable lawyers. During this evaluation, we will assess the details of your case and provide you with valuable guidance regarding your legal options.Traffic Accidents in Sacramento County
Most personal injuries are caused by traffic accidents, which my law office specializes in. By traffic accidents, we are talking about motor vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, Uber/Lyft, scooter accidents, and pedestrian injuries.
The California Office of Traffic Safety reported 12,871 traffic accidents causing injuries and fatalities in 2016. Alcohol consumption was involved in 1,311, and speeding contributed to 3,309 accidents. Motorcyclists were involved in 556 crashes that caused deaths or injuries, while 644 pedestrians were hurt or killed. Bicycle riders were injured or killed in 584 accidents.Accidents and Financial Burdens
The insurance industry says that an American living an average lifespan will experience three to four traffic accidents during their lifetime. Many of those accidents are caused by negligent drivers or other entities, such as roads with poor maintenance.
While spending time in the hospital and recovering from those injuries is complex, the financial hit increases your problems. You've probably lost time from work and faced medical bills, and your accident has burdened your family with those added costs and worries.
The job of a personal injury lawyer is to help you and your family recover the compensation you need to ease the financial pain of a traffic collision.
Watch the video below for more on how to choose a La Riviera personal injury lawyer for your case:Selecting the Right Injury Attorney for Your Case
Choosing a La Riviera personal injury lawyer to ask for advice or represent your case can be difficult when there are so many to choose from. However, there are a few tips on how to choose a lawyer. These include:
- Choose a lawyer who is interested in more than your case. A lawyer who cares and understands how the entire family is affected by your injury will be compassionate, caring, and helpful.
- Find a personal injury lawyer who is an excellent communicator. Taking your case and never hearing how it is proceeding or what is going on does not benefit you. Ensure the lawyer is open and communicative and that they keep you updated on how your case moves.
- Choose a lawyer who only practices personal injury law. One who practices in several areas of the law may not have the expertise you need and desire.
- Find an accident attorney who consistently wins large settlements and verdicts.
- While having a positive record of settlements is good, you will want a lawyer who can take your case to trial if necessary and win.
There are many ways that a personal injury can occur in and around La Riviera. Following is a list of some of the types of personal injuries and the ways they can happen:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Several causes and types of motor vehicle accidents result from negligence. These may range from head-on collisions and rear-end crashes to T-bone accidents at an intersection. Types of negligence contributing to these accidents include drunk driving, being distracted, or running a red light. When a negligent driver causes your accident injuries, an accomplished La Riviera auto accident lawyer can help.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents are commonly caused by inexperienced drivers, poor maintenance, speeding, or fatigue. In a collision with a smaller vehicle, serious injuries can occur, as well as fatalities.
- Motorcycle crashes: A motorist's most common motorcycle accident caused by negligence is turning left in front of them. Stopping short in front of a motorcycle rider can also cause severe injuries to a rider. A driver who does not obey traffic laws is more likely to cause this type of accident.
- Bicycle accidents: Although California law forbids motorists from coming closer than three feet from a bike rider, accidents still happen. Many occur at intersections because a driver runs a red light or turns without looking for a bicycle rider.
- Pedestrian accidents: The vulnerability of a pedestrian when involved in a traffic collision can result in a fatality or severe injuries. Speed can be an essential factor in an accident with a pedestrian. The faster the vehicle goes, the more devastating the injuries and the risk of the walker's death. Making careless turns at corners or failing to yield to a pedestrian is a common cause of these accidents. A seasoned La Riviera auto accident lawyer can examine the evidence and deal with the insurance company for you. If negotiations with the insurance company are unsuccessful, the lawyer can prepare a good case in civil court.
- Amusement parks: Although great fun for the family, a poorly maintained amusement park can result in ride injuries or sickness from food poisoning.
- Boating accidents: California is the land of fun and sun, so many enjoy boating on the river or elsewhere. A negligent boater or rental agency can make your boating trip a catastrophe.
- Defective medical devices: Most surgically implanted medical devices are safe and help users. However, a faulty device can cause complications, require replacement, and result in unnecessary suffering. A La Riviera personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation you are entitled to help pay your medical bills and other expenses.
- Dog bites: California is ranked number one in many dog bite claims. Under California Civil Code 3342, someone injured by a dog can claim fair compensation for that injury.
- Government entities: The entity in charge of particular roads, signs, and maintenance is sometimes negligent in its upkeep. This may include potholes, pavement fissures, heaved sidewalks on public streets, and other neglect. Because this is a particular category of negligence, enlisting the help of a lawyer experienced in breaking through government immunity is essential.
- Premises liability: Whether public or private property or building must be maintained reasonably to prevent unnecessary injuries. Examples of premises liability cases include slips, falls, or trips, such as in a grocery store.
- Product liability: Products purchased by consumers must be safe when used as intended. Defects in design or manufacturing can lead to accident injuries. For example, a defective auto part can cause a collision, and a poorly designed piece of furniture can fall and injure someone. Product liability is a specialized area of personal injury law. A La Riviera personal injury lawyer with experience in product liability can ably handle your case when you've suffered an injury because of a product.
- Wrongful death: A wrongful death occurs when an individual dies in an accident due to negligence by another person or entity or an intentional act. In these cases, family members supported by the deceased person can claim fair compensation for that loss. A wrongful death claim can include burial and funeral costs, loss of inheritance and wages, and other economic and non-economic damages.
Experiencing an accident or the loss of a loved one can be an incredibly distressing and heartbreaking ordeal. Not only do you have to cope with the physical and emotional pain resulting from the injury or loss, but your financial situation can also be severely impacted.
During such difficult times, it is crucial to have the guidance and support of experienced professionals who can help you navigate the complex legal process and seek the compensation you deserve. Our team of dedicated personal injury lawyers in La Riveria is here to provide you with free and compassionate advice. We understand the challenges you are facing, and we are committed to assisting you throughout this challenging journey.
By contacting our law firm at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400, you can schedule a consultation to discuss your case and receive the support you need. Our lawyers will listen attentively to your situation, address your concerns, and provide you with valuable advice based on their extensive knowledge and experience. We can also be contacted through our online contact form.
For additional information about our law practice, visit our Verdicts and Settlements page to see some cases our office handled.
Editor's Note: updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 5.30.23]
Photo Attribution: Pixabay
:cd cha [cs 1522]