La Riviera Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
La Riviera is a tranquil, residential area in Sacramento full of tree-lined streets. With its close proximity to Rosemont, Arden-Arcade and Rancho Cordova, the city has everything to offer with the added bonus of an urban feel and excellent schools. Close to Jackson Highway, where there are many restaurants, hotels and shopping opportunities, it also offers fun in the sun along the American River.
In this idyllic type of setting, it is hard to imagine being injured by someone negligent, but it happens. When it does, you need the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer to get the financial compensation you need and deserve. That’s where I can help you with free, friendly advice.Traffic Accidents in Sacramento County
Most personal injuries are caused by traffic accidents, and this is what my law office specializes in. By traffic accidents, I am talking about motor vehicles, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, Uber/Lyft, and scooter accidents as well as injuries to pedestrians.
The California Office of Traffic Safety reported 12,871 traffic accidents causing injuries and fatalities in 2016. Alcohol consumption was involved in 1,311, and speeding contributed to 3,309 of these accidents. Motorcyclists were involved in 556 crashes that caused deaths or injuries, while 644 pedestrians were either hurt or killed. Bicycle riders were injured or killed in 584 accidents.Accidents and Financial Burdens
The insurance industry says that an American living an average lifespan will experience three to four traffic accidents during their lifetime. Many of those accidents are caused by negligent drivers or other entities such as roads with poor maintenance.
While it is difficult enough to have to spend time in the hospital and recover from those injuries, the financial hit increases your problems. You’ve probably lost time from work, face medical bills, and your accident has burdened your family with those added costs and worries.
The job of a personal injury lawyer is to help you and your family recover the compensation you need to ease the financial pain of a traffic collision.
Watch how to choose a personal injury lawyer in the video below:Selecting an Attorney
Choosing a lawyer to ask for advice or represent your case can be difficult when there are so many to choose from. However, there are a few tips on how to choose a lawyer. These include:
- Choose a lawyer who is interested in more than your case. A lawyer who cares and understands how the entire family is affected by your injury will be compassionate, caring, and helpful.
- Find a personal injury lawyer who is an excellent communicator. Taking your case and never hearing how it is proceeding or what is going on does not benefit you. Ensure the lawyer is open and communicative and that he or she keeps you up on how your case is proceeding.
- Choose a lawyer who only practices personal injury law. One who practices in several areas of the law may not have the expertise you need and desire.
- Find an attorney who consistently wins large settlements and verdicts.
- While having a positive record of settlements is good, you will want a lawyer who can take your case to trial if necessary and win.
There are many ways that a personal injury can occur in and around La Riviera. Following is a list of some of the types of personal injuries and the ways they can happen:
- Motor vehicle accidents: There are several causes and types of motor vehicle accidents that are the result of negligence. These may range from head-on collisions, and rear end crashes to T-bone accidents at an intersection. Types of negligence that contribute to these accidents include drunk driving, being distracted, or running a red light. When a negligent driver caused your accident injuries, an accomplished La Riviera auto accident lawyer can help.
- Truck accidents: Truck accidents are commonly caused by inexperienced drivers, poor maintenance, speeding, or fatigue. In a collision with a smaller vehicle, serious injuries can occur as well as fatalities.
- Motorcycle crashes: The most common motorcycle accident caused by negligence happens with a motorist is turning left in front of them. Stopping short in front of a motorcycle rider can also cause severe injuries to a rider. A driver who does not obey traffic laws is more likely to cause this type of accident.
- Bicycle accidents: Even though California law forbids motorists from coming closer than three feet from a bike rider, accidents still happen. Many occur at intersections because a driver ran a red light or turned without looking for a bicycle rider.
- Pedestrian accidents: The vulnerability of a pedestrian when involved in a traffic collision can result in fatality or severe injuries. Speed can be an essential factor in an accident with a pedestrian. The faster the vehicle is going, the more devastating the injuries and a higher risk of the death of the walker. Making careless turns at corners or failing to yield to a pedestrian is a common cause of these accidents. A seasoned La Riviera auto accident lawyer can examine the evidence and deal with the insurance company for you. If negotiations with the insurance company are unsuccessful, the lawyer can prepare a good case to present in civil court.
- Amusement parks: Although great fun for the family, a poorly maintained amusement park can result in ride injuries or sickness from food poisoning.
- Boating accidents: California is the land of fun and sun, so many enjoy boating, whether on the river or elsewhere. A negligent boater or rental agency can make your boating trip turn into a catastrophe.
- Defective medical devices: Most surgically implanted medical devices are safe and help the user. However, a faulty device can cause complications, may require replacement and results in unnecessary suffering. A La Riviera personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation to which you are entitled to help pay your medical bills and other expenses.
- Dog bites: California is ranked number one many dog bite claims. Under California Civil Code 3342, someone who is injured by a dog has the right to claim fair compensation for that injury.
- Government entities: The government entity in charge of particular roads, signs, and maintenance is sometimes negligent in their upkeep. This may include potholes, fissures in the pavement, heaved sidewalks on public streets and other neglect. Because this is a special category of negligence, enlisting the help of a lawyer experienced in breaking through government immunity is important.
- Premises liability: Whether it is a public or private property or building, they must be maintained reasonably to prevent unnecessary injuries. Examples of premises liability cases include slips and falls or tripping, such as in a grocery store.
- Product liability: Products that are purchased by consumers must be safe when used as intended. Defects in design or manufacturing can lead to accident injuries. For example, a defective auto part can cause a collision, and a poorly designed piece of furniture can fall and injure someone. Product liability is a specialized area of personal injury law. When you’ve suffered an injury because of a product, a La Riviera personal injury lawyer with experience in product liability can ably handle your case.
- Wrongful death: A wrongful death occurs when an individual dies in an accident due to negligence by another person or entity or because of an intentional act. In these cases, family members that were supported by the deceased person can claim fair compensation for that loss. A wrongful death claim can include burial and funeral costs, loss of inheritance and wages and other economic and noneconomic damages.
Over the years, clients have commonly asked me the following questions such as:
Q. Can you recommend a mechanic in La Riviera?
A: Yelp reviews have several recommendations for good mechanics in the area, including:
9565 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone number: (916) 369-2886Ozmotive Auto Repair
9565 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone number: (916) 369-0809
Q: Are there any recommended car rental agencies near La Riviera?
A: Among the well-rated car rental agencies are the following:
5941 Power Inn Rd
Sacramento, CA 95824
Phone number: (916) 381-3300
6505 Folsom Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95819
Phone number: (916) 453-1100La Riviera Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a La Riviera car accident and personal injury lawyer. Being injured in an accident or losing a loved one is a devastating experience. Not only do you have to face the personal pain of injury or loss, but your financial situation can also suffer.
I’m here for you to offer my free and friendly advice. You can reach out to me at (916) 921-6400 or through my toll-free number at (800) 404-5400. I can also be contacted through my website AutoAccident.com by using the online contact form.
For additional information about my law practice, visit the following pages to read our clients’ reviews and see some cases that my office has handled:
Photo Attribution: Pixabay
:cd cha [cs 1545]
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.17.19]