Keyes Truck Accident Lawyer
An accident with a large commercial truck has the potential to change your life in a split second. Unfortunately, trucking accidents often cause the most deadly traffic collisions due to the sheer weight and size disparity between a large truck and a passenger vehicle.
If you or a family member has been severely injured in an accident involving a big rig, you don't have to face challenges in the coming days, weeks, and months on your own. An experienced Keyes truck accident attorney can assist you and your family through a personal injury claim and ensure you receive the maximum compensation for your damages and losses. Reach out to our injury attorneys at AutoAccident.com now to discuss your truck accident case at (209) 227-1931 for a free consultation.Common Types of Truck Accidents Caused by Negligence
While most truckers are cautious drivers, unrealistic schedules from economic pressure or carriers can make crucial driving errors. However, a seasoned injury lawyer understands that most truck accidents in Keyes are caused by avoidable mistakes such as:
- Exceeding time behind the wheel without proper rest
- Failure to check blind spots
- Failure to conduct vehicle inspections
- Lack of maintenance of tires, brakes, and other safety features
- Lack of screening of driving records when hiring
- Inadequate supervision and training of truck drivers
- Poor route selection, including those with steep grades
- Speeding to deliver a load more rapidly
- Use of drugs and alcohol
An accident involving a big rig and a passenger car can result in traumatic injury or even death. Because of the substantial size between passenger vehicles and commercial trucks, the occupants of the passenger cars are usually the ones who suffer traumatic injuries.
From our experience with truck accidents in Stanislaus County and throughout northern California, we know how these accidents often result in severe injuries that include:
- Bone Crush Injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Extensive Burns
- Injury to Internal Organs
- Loss of Extremities
- Wrongful Death
Our experienced personal injury attorneys represent Keyes residents who have been seriously injured by careless truck drivers and their commercial carriers since 1982. This experience is crucial when taking on large trucking companies.
The best Keyes truck accident attorneys must have full knowledge of the unique issues involved in trucking litigation, including the need to have comprehensive knowledge of state and federal regulations that govern the trucking industry.
Trucking accident claims also are challenging because of the widespread trucking industry practice of hiding and distorting critical evidence.What a Truck Accident Settlement Covers
Under California law, a personal injury claim compensates a person for injuries and losses suffered because of someone else’s negligence. For example, financial compensation in a personal injury case for a truck accident may fall under the following three types of damages:
- Economic Damages: Economic damages include lost wages, past and future medical bills, and loss of future earning capacity. In a wrongful death case, surviving family members could be compensated for lost benefits, loss of future financial support, end-of-life medical treatments, and funeral bills.
- Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages cover the impacts on your quality of life from losses suffered like mental anguish, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium. In wrongful death cases, family members could be compensated for losing the decedent's companionship, care, and protection.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are awarded to "punish" the truck driver for their egregious behavior with disregard for the lives of others. An example would be excessive speeding or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Our personal injury lawyers understand the life-changing impact of devastating injuries suffered in a large commercial truck accident. We are committed to representing Keyes residents with the empathy, dedication, and zealousness they need. We aim to work tirelessly to seek compensation for medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other out-of-pocket expenses from your truck accident injury case.
If someone you love was tragically killed in an accident involving a semi-truck, you might also pursue compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit. In addition, when a truck driver engages in reprehensible conduct, such as speeding or driving under the influence of drugs, you may also be entitled to seek punitive damages.
Watch the YouTube video below to learn more about the damages that could be claimed in a truck accident lawsuit.Comparative Fault in a Truck Collision
California is a comparative fault state. This means each person involved in the accident is liable based on their contributions. Trucking companies use this law to designate fault. However, insurers often reduce liability to the smallest extent possible. This devalues a claim and leaves the injured victim in a financial mess. Retaining an experienced personal injury attorney in these situations is crucial. An attorney knows how to counter these types of strategies to maximize the compensation an injured individual deserves.Call a Keyes Trucking Accident Attorney Today
I'm Ed Smith, a Keyes Truck Accident Lawyer. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in an accident involving a large commercial truck in or near the Keyes area, our personal injury lawyers will fight on your behalf to hold the negligent driver and the trucking company accountable. Reach out to our truck accident attorneys in Keyes at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly advice on your case.
cha llo [cs 953]