Ione Brain Injury Lawyer
Among the numerous injuries that someone can arrive at a hospital with, traumatic brain injuries are among the most severe. While there has been a large amount of medical research in recent years regarding the diagnosis and treatment of traumatic brain injuries, these can still leave patients and their families dealing with the consequences and complications for years.
There are several symptoms that patients and their loved ones should watch out for that might signal neurological damage.Signs and Symptoms of Brain Injuries
Physicians will look for a few different signs of a traumatic brain injury when diagnosing a head injury. These include:
- Loss of Consciousness: While some people faint at the sight of blood or due to hot temperatures, those who lose consciousness following trauma to the head are particularly concerning. This could signal that brain tissue has been damaged or that bleeding has begun inside of the brain.
- Vision Problems: After trauma to the skull, some patients could complain of trouble seeing. They could mention partial blindness in one eye, loss of vision in one eye, or complete blindness in both eyes. Any of these would be concerning and merit emergent medical attention.
- Motor or Sensory Deficits: Any patient who has trouble moving a part of their body or sensing contact on any part of their body should seek the attention of a medical professional for an urgent evaluation.
There are many different ways that someone can suffer a brain injury. This could include:
- Sports: Football is a common target of the national media due to their concussion concerns.
- Auto Accidents: Someone involved in an auto accident could smash their head on the steering wheel or dashboard, leading to the potential for brain injuries.
- Pedestrian Injuries: If a pedestrian is struck by a car or bicycle, they could wind up with multiple injuries, including injuries to the head.
In these situations, it can be a challenge for patients to know what to do next. This is where a consultation with an experienced Ione brain injury lawyer can be helpful.
The following video discusses a traumatic brain injury and provides a better understanding of a TBI.Ione Brain Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Ione Brain Injury Lawyer. If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury in an accident involving someone else's negligence, please reach out to us for free, friendly legal advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 3.11.21]
:dr bw [cs 505]
Photo by Pixabay