Hilmar Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Every year in Merced County, hundreds of motor vehicle collisions often result in catastrophic injury or wrongful death. Hilmar, an unincorporated area located 6 miles south of Turlock in Merced County, is relatively small with a population of over 5,900 but still sees a fair share of traffic accidents. When injured in a crash caused by someone else, it is essential to take legal action immediately because of the challenges of the potential loss of evidence and car insurance laws in California.
Hurt in a car accident in the Hilmar area? The experienced Hilmar personal injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com are here to protect your legal rights. Call now to speak to one of our attorneys through a complimentary consultation and receive free, friendly case advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
Insurance companies are required by California law to act in good faith toward third-party claimants and policyholders. In other words, insurers are expected to not engage in unfair dealing. Unfortunately, that is not always the case. Insurance carriers are focused on protecting their bottom line and will do so by using defense strategies to downplay the value of a personal injury case or deny it altogether. Having your claim disputed or denied by an insurance company may seem like the end of the world. However, it is not when you hire the best personal injury attorney in Hilmar, California, to represent you and obtain the favorable case result you deserve.Types of Personal Injury Accident Claims Handled by an Attorney
Our personal injury law firm has handled severe accidents and catastrophic injury cases since 1982. Some of the types of personal injury cases handled by our legal team include the following:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Collisions
- Dog Bites
- Farm Accidents
- Motorcycle Collisions
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Products Liability
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Trucking Crashes
- Wrongful Death
With more than 277,680 people living in Merced County, motor vehicle collisions occur daily. But some intersections in the area are more dangerous than others. Here are the top 10 intersections for car accidents, specifically in Hilmar, CA:
- August Avenue and Lander Avenue
- Bloss Avenue and State Route 165
- Cypress Street and American Avenue
- Echo Street and SR-165
- Golf Link Road and August Avenue
- Lander Avenue and 1st Street
- Oslo Street and August Avenue
- State Route 165 and Geer Avenue
- Tegner Road and August Avenue
- Williams Avenue and Tegner Road
A person who has been injured in a motor vehicle accident may have several potential options for recovery. The avenue they take may depend upon the circumstances of the traffic collision. It is best to consult with an experienced Hilmar personal injury attorney if serious injuries are involved. Injured parties may claim monetary compensation for car accident injuries through the following:
- Third-Party Claim: If another driver was found at fault for a traffic accident, an injured party could file a personal injury claim against that individual's insurance company.
- Medical Payments Coverage: After a car accident, med-pay coverage may be used to help pay for medical expenses as they incur. Claims through this type of coverage may be processed much faster as it does not depend on fault. Suppose a driver or passenger has medical payments coverage under their insurance plan. In that case, they may be able to have their medical bills paid until the policy limits have been exhausted or the time limit has been reached.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claim: Auto accidents may sometimes be caused by a driver with insufficient bodily injury liability coverage or none to cover economic and non-economic damages. In situations where damages exceed the at-fault party's insurance policy limits, an underinsured motorist claim (UIM) may be filed to supplement any losses not fully paid for by the negligent driver. An uninsured motorist claim (UM) may be filed when determined that the at-fault party does not have a valid insurance plan.
California law recognizes that injured parties are entitled to be made whole after a motor vehicle collision. The types of economic and non-economic damages a Hilmar auto accident attorney may recover on your behalf through a personal injury claim include:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Future Earning Potential
- Loss of Consortium
- Disfigurement and Scarring
- Lost Enjoyment of Life
- Pain and Suffering
If you would like to learn more about the personal injury claims process and the factors that may affect the value of an auto accident case, watch the video below by our law firm:What is the Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury in California?
Personal injury cases in California are regulated by the statute of limitations. This limits the amount of time a lawsuit may be filed with the court if a mutual agreement cannot be reached with the insurance company on the settlement amount. Injured parties have two years from the incident date to file suit. If a lawsuit is not brought within the designated filing deadline, the court may dismiss the case, and the legal right to seek monetary compensation may be lost. Time is of the essence for this reason, and it is essential to bring a case as soon as possible.Should I Talk to the Insurance Company?
One of the many defense tactics insurance companies use is to provide a lowball settlement offer immediately after a motor vehicle collision. Insurers do this because they know injured parties may often not know their legal rights and are unsure what to do next. Insurance carriers know all of this and will take advantage of these vulnerable situations by persuading an injured party to settle their personal injury claim in hopes of them accepting it and going away.
When an insurance adjuster offers a quick settlement after a car accident, an injured party should consider consulting an experienced Hilmar car accident lawyer. People involved in traffic collisions may not know the full extent of their injuries or the value of their personal injury case until much later. An attorney can conduct an independent investigation of the car accident, gather evidence, retain expert witnesses, and conduct an evaluation of personal injury damages. This way, a lawyer can build a solid case to present to a jury for financial compensation for losses incurred.How Does an Injury Lawyer Get Paid?
Injured parties are often reluctant to hire an accident attorney to handle their case because they believe that high hourly rates or retainer fees may be involved. Our lawyers handle cases under a contingency fee arrangement at our Hilmar, CA, personal injury law firm. This means attorneys' fees are only paid if the personal injury claim is successful, either a fair settlement is obtained outside of court, or a lawsuit is won in the courtroom. The contingency fee agreement balances the best interests of the attorney and the client.Contact a Personal Injury Attorney in Hilmar, California
If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by someone else, contact our Hilmar personal injury lawyers to set up a free consultation to learn how we can help you through this challenging time and how we handle cases on a contingency fee basis.
Editor's Note: updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 3.30.23]
:ds [cs 1235] cha