Hayward Truck Accident Lawyer
In headlines occurring all too frequently in California, another big rig was involved in a traffic collision resulting in serious injuries and fatalities. Unfortunately, truck drivers are often put in dangerous situations by the trucking companies that employ them. Truckers may be forced to operate big rigs that have not been properly inspected and maintained, drive hours on end without breaks, and work extended hours in violation of Hours of Service (HOS) regulations. In other cases, truck drivers may be pressured into meeting strict delivery deadlines, and accomplishing them may compromise the safety of others on the road. A truck accident in Hayward can leave you with major injuries or deprive you of a family member. When facing such a situation, it is crucial to retain legal counsel to protect your rights.
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a big rig crash, call our law firm at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400 to learn how our Hayward truck accident lawyers can help your family. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience and are available anytime to provide free, friendly advice.
Since 1982, our legal team at AutoAccident.com has handled many truck accident cases. Our skilled lawyers are prepared to take on your 18-wheeler collision case and help you get your life back on track. We offer free consultations to help Hayward residents like you understand their rights and potential options for recovery moving forward. When you decide to seek compensation for a big rig crash, an attorney from our personal injury law firm can handle all aspects of your case from start to finish. Do not delay until it is too late to seek financial recovery. Contact our legal team today for a free case evaluation with a skilled truck accident lawyer in Hayward. We operate on a contingent fee basis, meaning we only get paid if we obtain a successful result in your case.Who Should You Call After a Commercial Truck Accident?
Every action may have the potential to impact a claim for an 18-wheeler collision. Therefore, knowing what steps must be taken after a big rig crash is essential. When involved in one, you should call:
- Emergency Personnel: It is crucial to seek immediate medical care after a trucking accident. Not only will medical treatment protect your health, but also the integrity of a bodily injury claim. If you did not request emergency personnel at the scene for assistance, be sure to get checked out with your primary care provider. Gaps in medical treatment or failure to follow doctor’s orders may impact your big rig crash case down the line in insurance negotiations or in civil court.
- Local Law Enforcement: Whether that be the California Highway Patrol or the Hayward Police Department, law enforcement should be requested at the crash site for assistance. Authorities will conduct a traffic incident report that details the involved parties, the location of damage to involved vehicles, road conditions, debris in the roadway, the officer’s determination of fault, and other helpful information.
- Insurance Company: If you were involved in an 18-wheeler crash, you must notify your insurance carrier. Be aware that the insurance company representing the truck driver or trucking company may contact you for a recorded statement about the incident. Politely decline and refer them to your accident attorney instead.
- Personal Injury Lawyer: Commercial truck accidents differ from passenger vehicle crashes since many state and federal regulations are involved. Because of this, it is recommended that injured parties and families of decedents be represented by an experienced Hayward truck accident attorney. Truckers and trucking companies have insurance carriers with defense counsel working on their side, and you should have an injury lawyer protecting your best interests too.
After getting injured or losing a loved one in an 18-wheeler collision, your focus should be on your recovery and being with your family. Fortunately, that may be accomplished by hiring a top-rated Hayward truck accident lawyer to handle your case. When you turn to our legal team at AutoAccident.com for assistance, we can help you and your family by:
- Guiding you through the claims process for a large commercial truck accident
- Handling communications with the other side, including insurance companies and defense counsel, on your behalf
- Ordering the traffic incident report for the big rig crash and reviewing it in detail
- Sending a letter of preservation of evidence to the other side to gather and preserve evidence before it is lost or destroyed as time goes on
- Negotiating a reasonable settlement agreement with the insurance company representing the truck driver, trucking company, third-party loading company, or other entity
- Filing a lawsuit in civil court to ensure that the statute of limitations is protected, which is generally two years in most cases per California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1
Our team of Hayward truck accident attorneys can conduct an independent investigation into your crash to determine who may be held accountable for damages incurred. In a commercial trucking collision case, potential at-fault parties may include:
- Truck Driver: Negligence on the part of a truck driver generally occurs when this party fails to exercise due care. Common examples of trucker negligence may include speeding, driving under the influence (DUI), failing to uphold Hours of Service regulations, fatigue, and distracted driving.
- Trucking Company: During hiring, trucking companies are expected to conduct thorough background checks on truck drivers. Failure to properly screen, train, and supervise commercial truck drivers may constitute negligence. If a big rig crash occurred through a trucking company’s negligence, an experienced Hayward truck accident lawyer will investigate and determine how the company may be held liable for resulting damages.
- Big Rig Manufacturer: Defects in 18-wheelers may be dangerous for the truck driver and others on the road. If a tractor-trailer defect leads to a crash, the truck manufacturer may be held liable in a products liability case. Like truck manufacturers, those who have suffered harm in a crash caused by faulty big rig parts and equipment may have a products liability claim against the part manufacturer.
- Third-Party Loading Company: Cargo companies are responsible for safely loading and unloading big rigs. If a truck was improperly loaded and a shift in the cargo caused an 18-wheeler collision, the loading company may be held liable for accident-related losses.
For more information on the services that our truck accident lawyers from Hayward provide, call for a free consultation today or watch the video below.Contact a Hayward Trucking Accident Attorney Today
Big rig crashes have the potential to cause catastrophic results to those involved. If you were injured or lost a family member in a trucking collision caused by someone else’s negligence, having a skilled truck accident lawyer from Hayward on your side is essential. Call our legal team for free, friendly case advice at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400. At our law firm, we put our experience, knowledge, and resources to use in obtaining the successful verdicts and settlements our clients deserve.
Image Credit: Quintin Gellar on Pexels
:ds [cs 1211] cha