Hayward Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Hayward is a suburban area close to the San Francisco Bay area. Its lively mix of shops and coffee houses offers a lot to pedestrians. Yet, despite its calm ambiance, pedestrian accidents happen.
At AutoAccident.com, our Hayward pedestrian accident lawyers provide dedicated legal representation for those injured in accidents caused by negligent drivers and other entities. Our experienced lawyers have deep roots in the California legal system and are committed to fighting for justice on behalf of our clients. When you've been injured in a pedestrian accident, you want lawyers who will fight for you, and we promise we'll do just that.Our Track Record in Recovery of Compensation
We have a proven track record of obtaining maximum compensation for our clients, including payment for medical bills, lost wages, physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other damages that arise from pedestrian accidents. Our results speak for themselves. Numerous pedestrian injury accident cases we have handled over the years are found on our Verdicts and Settlements page.Compensation in a Pedestrian Accident
By filing a personal injury claim with the assistance of a Hayward pedestrian accident lawyer, the following may be recovered:
- All medical expenses that arose as a result of the accident, including future costs
- Lost wages, including insurance and pension benefits, tips, etc. Even if you work as an independent contractor or are self-employed, your tax returns can be used to calculate lost earnings.
- Pain and suffering, including physical, psychological, and emotional distress
- Loss of consortium for the spouse if the injury impacted the marriage
Most pedestrian accidents occur when a walker crosses the street at an intersection. Unfortunately, these are locations where many vehicles, bicycle riders, and walkers converge, which increases the danger of a severe collision. When this happens, you need compensation to help you avoid financial distress. A Hayward pedestrian accident lawyer can help. When motor vehicles are involved in an intersection accident, the following are the most common causes:
- Right-hand accidents: A driver who is turning right doesn't always pay attention to see if a pedestrian is in the way crossing the street legally.
- Left turns: When a motorist has a green light to turn left and doesn't see a pedestrian in the walkway.
Many driver errors contribute to pedestrian accidents, such as the following:
- Distracted driving: A motorist texting, talking on their phone, and other distractions can cause a pedestrian accident.
- Being impaired: Drunk drivers and those using drugs don't often see pedestrians in their path until it's too late.
- Failure to yield: Drivers who are impatient either don't look out for pedestrians or may try to drive around them.
- Fatigue: A fatigued driver can be compared to one who is drunk, which makes them a danger to others.
- Reckless driving: Running a red light, speeding, and other recklessness can easily cause a pedestrian accident injury. In addition, the faster the speed of a vehicle, the more likely the pedestrian who is struck will die. According to AAA, half of all pedestrians struck by a vehicle driving at 42 mph will likely be killed in the collision.
The government agency responsible for maintaining the roads has a legal responsibility to keep them safe for all users, including pedestrians. Poor design or lack of maintenance can lead to dangerous road conditions that increase the risk of pedestrian accidents. The statute of limitations for filing a claim against a government entity is only six months. Getting help from a Hayward pedestrian accident lawyer might be a good move to ensure your paperwork is filed on time. The attorney can negotiate for you to help you reach the best outcome.Statute of Limitations for Personal Injuries
The statute of limitations in California to file a personal injury claim is two years. While this sounds like a long time, evidence and witnesses can disappear during that period. This is why it's a good idea to contact a pedestrian accident lawyer in Hayward as soon as possible. The attorney can investigate your case, including executing accident reconstruction, checking for videos at surveillance cameras, interviewing witnesses, and using other techniques to support your claim.
Our lawyers will build a solid compensation case for our client after gathering all the evidence regarding the pedestrian accident. Depending on the outcome of the negotiation, the lawyer may prepare a case for trial if no agreement is reached with the insurance company.
If you're looking for a lawyer to handle your personal injury case, attorney Ed Smith suggests a few things to consider in the following video:Our Injury Lawyers Work Hard to Get You the Compensation You Deserve
Our firm pursues the most favorable outcome for our clients through a negotiated settlement or a successful court verdict. We will fight aggressively for your rights. Our goal is to help you receive full compensation for your injuries so that you can move forward from the incident in the best possible financial situation.Hayward Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Hayward pedestrian accident lawyer. It is vital to hire an attorney if you are involved in a pedestrian accident to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve and are not denied. We offer free and friendly legal advice. Call (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400 for a free consultation to have our legal team review your case, answer your questions, and discuss options to recover compensation. The case evaluation can be done in person or virtually. You can also fill out the message form on our website to contact us.
We look forward to discussing your case with you soon.
:cd  cha