Grass Valley Car Accident & Personal Injury Lawyer
Grass Valley, California, is a historic gold mining city in Nevada County. It is nestled in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountain range and offers abundant natural beauty and outdoor recreational opportunities for residents and visitors to enjoy.
Call our experienced personal injury lawyers at (530) 392-9400 for a free case evaluation if you or a family member has been injured in Grass Valley. Whether you are a resident injured in town or while commuting to other parts of Northern California, we can help answer your questions about your car, truck, bus, or motorcycle accident.We Only Handle Serious Personal Injury Cases
Our law firm handles cases of severe personal injury in Grass Valley, including:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Defective Medical Devices
- Drug Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Asbestos and Mesothelioma
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Products Liability
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
We're known to many as the "personal" personal injury lawyers. This is because we always prioritize our clients' well-being and make running a compassionate law office a priority. When handling their cases, we've always considered our client's needs, wants, hopes, and personal feelings.We Handle Wrongful Death Cases
Sadly, we are also well aware of the overwhelming feelings of grief caused by losing a loved one in an accident. The unexpected death of a parent, sibling, spouse, partner or another family member often leaves people feeling various emotions. These can make dealing with daily life feel exhausting. Knowing that your loved one's death was caused by the fault of a negligent party can make these feelings even more intense. This is why it is essential to help our clients recover emotionally and financially after such a tragic loss.Common Causes of Traffic Accidents in Grass Valley
Car wrecks in Grass Valley occur for a wide variety of reasons. These include road defects, drunk drivers, speeding, distracted drivers, and other forms of negligence. Accidents in this area often occur along Main Street, at intersections, on rural roads, and on Highway 20.
- Historic State Route 49 - Collisions also occur on California State Route 49. From Grass Valley to Nevada City, SR 49 is known as the Golden Chain Highway or Golden Center Freeway for locals. The name speaks to its history as the main highway to towns linked along the famous Mother Lode gold mining area. This highway received its designation in honor of the 49ers, the group of pioneers that traveled to the Sutter's Fort area of the Sierra Nevada and Central Valley during the gold rush in 1849.
- Head-On Collisions - In this strip of Highway 49, drivers have dangerous curves to maneuver. Fatal head-on collisions also occur when vehicles cross into the oncoming traffic lanes. Many of these fatalities could easily have been prevented with barriers and center dividers. However, Caltrans has yet to install these despite the requests of several local residents and injured individuals.
- Weather-Related Car Accidents - Other auto accidents occur in the snow, especially during the year's first snowfall. Drivers new to the area may not be used to driving on slick roads, which cause collisions. While some may make simple driving errors, others may engage in negligent driving behaviors such as speeding or following too closely, regardless of current weather and road conditions.
The skilled lawyers at our AutoAccident.com have advocated for injured Northern Californians for nearly four decades. We offer top-quality legal representation to many smaller cities within our region. Members of our legal staff call various towns throughout Northern California home. It is hard not to love our area, with its rich natural resources and recreational opportunities. Our team members take every opportunity to explore and get to know the towns we serve.
Unlike many smaller offices, our law firm has extensive experience with severe injury cases. This is important because we have the resources to ensure you get the best medical care for your injuries. It also means that we will never feel the financial pressure to compromise on the value of your case. If you suffered significant trauma in an auto accident, retaining a Grass Valley car accident lawyer who can expertly represent a seriously injured client is essential.We Take Cases on a Contingency Fee Basis
Many people who've been seriously injured are worried that they can't afford a Grass Valley auto accident attorney to represent them. We believe nobody should be denied fair compensation for their losses due to a lack of funds. This is why we take severe injury cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we don't ask for any payment unless we can successfully resolve your case.Choosing The Best Grass Valley Personal Injury Lawyer
When choosing a good lawyer, people often feel lost among the hundreds of magazine and internet ads, television commercials, billboards, and other advertisements. Many of the ads you see will make huge promises, but how can you know if an injury lawyer is prepared to do everything possible to help you get the amount you deserve? Accident attorneys often advertise a high success rate but are willing to settle for offers less than their client is rightfully owed.
Thankfully, there are a few ways to determine whether a legal advocate is reputable. Below are four of the most effective ways of determining the quality of an injury lawyer:
- Experience: It is essential to know that your lawyer has plenty of experience handling cases like yours. You should ensure that your attorney has years of experience in personal injury law and that they focus solely on severe injury cases. Furthermore, your lawyer should have experience in taking cases to trial. Many times, simply asking an injury lawyer whether or not they would be comfortable presenting your case to a jury can give you a good idea of whether or not your attorney is truly ready to do everything they can to help you.
- Case History: Another critical thing to do before hiring a lawyer is to learn about their settlement and verdict history. Feel free to ask any potential lawyer about their previous case verdicts and settlements and how their clients were awarded. A good lawyer will be happy to share their past successes with you. It's also good to look at a lawyer's website to see if they have a verdicts and settlements page.
- Reputation: Checking to see if your attorney has a good reputation from their clients and community is a step in the right direction. This can be done by looking at their reviews on popular websites like Facebook, Yelp, and Google. Another good website to use is Avvo.com, a website dedicated to reviewing attorneys. Since the reviews left on these sites are not controlled by the attorney, they can give you an honest account of a lawyer's reputation.
- Resources: You should be sure that your attorney has the financial resources to properly handle your case. Some firms are too small to give a case the attention it needs and may not afford to take it before a jury. Finances shouldn't be the issue between you and the compensation you deserve.
If you want to learn more about finding the best Grass Valley personal injury lawyer to suit your needs, watch this helpful video.Call Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Grass Valley, CA
If you or a loved one has been injured in Nevada County or anywhere else in Northern California, please contact our Grass Valley personal injury lawyers for free, friendly advice at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400.
We've proudly represented the residents of Grass Valley and nearby areas with their personal injury and wrongful death cases since 1982.
You can read about our past successes on our verdicts and settlements page.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 11.2.22]