Grass Valley Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Grass Valley may seem like an ideal place to ride bikes, but that doesn’t mean it is always safe to do so. Bicyclists still have to share the road with motor vehicles, including large commercial trucks, which can put the cyclists at risk of being involved in a bicycle accident.
Whether you are an extreme bicyclist or a recreational rider, you can suffer severe injuries in an accident with a careless driver. If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident in Grass Valley, you may need the assistance of an experienced Grass Valley bicycle accident lawyer who can help you get monetary compensation for your injuries and losses. Call our law office at (530) 392-9400 for free, friendly advice.Common Types of Bicycle Accident Injuries
In a bicycle vs. car accident, the bicyclist is most likely to suffer serious injuries. Many factors will determine the severity of the damages. Some of the most common types of bicycle accident injuries include:
- Amputated limbs
- Back injuries
- Bone fractures
- Dislocated joints
- Neck injuries
- Pelvic injuries
- Road Rash
- Spinal cord injuries
- Torn ligaments
- Traumatic brain injuries
Medical expenses are just one of many types of losses that an injured bicyclist may experience. Other damages can include:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of current and future income
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
A bicycle accident can happen in many ways. It can be caused by the careless acts of the driver, the error of the bicyclist, or a manufacturing defect of the bicycle itself.
Most bicycle accidents occur at intersections, but other situations can play a role. Below are some incidents that can cause a bicycle accident:
- Driving or riding or too fast for road conditions.
- Failure to yield when making a left-hand turn.
- Proceeding without signaling.
- Opening a car door into the path of a bicyclist.
- Violating traffic lights or stop signs.
The video below discusses the top five most common bicycle accidents and how you can avoid them.Recovering Damages in a Bicycle Accident Claim
In California, an injured bicyclist can recover financial compensation from the at-fault party, even if the bicyclist is partly at fault for causing the accident. If the bicyclist is found to be mostly at fault, he or she may still be able to recover some money proportioned to the responsibility of the cyclist.Actions to Take After a Bicycle Accident
If you have been involved in a bicycle accident, taking these essential steps can help strengthen your personal injury claim. These actions can also help protect your legal standing if the driver claims that you were at fault for causing the accident:
- Contact the police and get an accident report.
- Get the driver’s contact and car insurance information.
- Take photos of the accident scene, including the vehicle’s plate number, any damages to your bicycle, your helmet, and bodily injuries.
- Get contact information from witnesses who may have seen the accident.
- Take note of any establishments nearby because they may have surveillance footage of the accident.
- Seek medical care for your injuries right away, even if you feel those injuries are minor.
- Write down the progress of the treatment for your injuries in a journal.
Our experienced bicycle accident lawyers work thoroughly to get the best results for our clients. That includes a complete investigation of the bicycle accident. In some situations, we may utilize experts to reconstruct the bicycle accident that can help prove the negligence of the driver involved. We also ensure that our clients get the medical treatment they need to for a successful recovery.Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Grass Valley, CA
I'm Ed Smith, a Grass Valley Bicycle Accident Lawyer. Our personal injury attorneys at AutoAccident.com have handled many cases in Grass Valley and the surrounding areas since 1982. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident caused by a negligent driver, please call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for our no-obligation, free, and friendly advice.