Granite Bay Motorcycle Accident Attorney
With an average yearly temperature of just under 74 degrees, the climate in Granite Bay attracts motorcycle riders from all over the state and the country. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, there were 20,402 residents living in Granite Bay, which makes this census-designated place (CDP) a great alternative to living in the middle of the hustle, bustle, and congestion of the big city. Despite this, Granite Bay still experiences motorcycle accidents, some of which involve riders traveling to and from work or simply out for a ride on a beautiful day in Placer County.
What makes riding a motorcycle so dangerous is that you are 35 times more likely to die as a result of an accident compared to being in a car accident. Even if you are an excellent defensive driver, you should still wear your helmet at all times. Should you happen to encounter unsafe drivers, proactive safety measures will help to protect you in an accident.Dangerous Locations in Granite Bay
An example details an accident involving a motorcycle and a Volvo on July 1, 2016, that claimed the life of one person and forced another into a medically-induced coma. The accident occurred on Douglas Boulevard in front of a mobile home park. A woman was driving the Volvo, making a left turn onto Douglas Boulevard, when her vehicle was struck by a Harley Davidson motorcycle. Authorities noted that the motorcycle was traveling west towards Auburn Folsom Road, one of the most dangerous in Granite Bay, when the bike hit the driver's side door of the Volvo.
Other dangerous locations in Granite Bay include:
- South Lake Circle
- Auburn Folsom Road
- Douglas Boulevard
It's possible that the person responsible for a motorcycle accident might have been able to avoid it. Continue reading below for common motorcycle accident causes:
- Defects from the Manufacturer: It's not uncommon for manufacturer defects in the design or construction of the motorcycle to cause an accident. In such a case, the manufacturer of the bike can be held liable.
- Road Hazards: One of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents involves road hazards. Potholes, debris, and other hazards on the roads can cause your tires to blow, sending you into a tailspin. If roads were poorly maintained, the city government can be held liable for the accident and damages.
- Negligence: The negligence, or inattention, of other drivers on the road can also lead to motorcycle accidents. Negligence involves ignoring traffic laws and patterns, driving distracted, or any other behavior that causes unsafe conditions for drivers in their vicinity. Negligent drivers can be held responsible for damages and injuries caused in such an accident.
Individuals hurt in motorcycle accidents can suffer a range of injuries, some that don't manifest right away, and others that can change their lives forever. A "minor" injury can cause a victim to spend months recovering, possibly out of work, until they are back to full health. Serious injuries can cause paralysis, the need for long-term care, and even the inability to return to work. Injuries can include any of the following:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Damage to nerves
- Cervical Sprain (also known as whiplash)
- Loss of limbs
- Damage to the spinal cord
- Neck damage
- Bone Fractures
During this stressful time, you are focusing on rehabilitation, paying medical bills, communicating with insurance companies, and eventually looking for a new mode of transportation. The accident can easily hurt your financial situation, which is why you need a Granite Bay motorcycle accident attorney helping you secure compensation for the treatment you require for your injuries (present and future expenses).
I have been helping people like you for more than three decades and would be honored to guide you through such a stressful, trying, and difficult process one step at a time.
- We will talk about the case, including any possible alternatives available to you.
- I will handle communications with insurance companies, medical professionals, law enforcement officials, and any other entity so you don't have to deal with the stress involved. This will expedite the overall process of bringing your case to a positive resolution.
- If unable to obtain a satisfactory result using this process, I will file a lawsuit to recover a fair and just compensation for your injuries on your behalf.
I'm Ed Smith, a Granite Bay motorcycle accident attoney. Making an informed decision regarding your legal options is important following a motorcycle accident in Granite Bay. I will gladly discuss your case with you so you have all the proper information needed to make a decision. If you or a loved one suffered injuries from a Granite Bay motorcycle accident, please call our injury lawyers at 916.921.6400 or 800.404.5400 for free, friendly advice. Or, contact me via the website.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.28.20]
:vass bw [cs 1060]