Fremont Motorcycle Accident Attorney
One of the joys of riding a motorcycle in Fremont is getting out on the open road, discovering new places, and enjoying what Mother Nature has to offer. For instance, the Fremont route through Niles Canyon to Sunol Valley offers exciting views, lots of trees that shadow the road, and enough turns and twists to make your ride entertaining.
When you are out riding anywhere, you don't want the unthinkable to happen and be injured in an accident with a negligent driver. However, if you are, the help of a Fremont motorcycle accident attorney can assist you in recovering the compensation you deserve.Lawyers for Injured Motorcyclists
Those involved in motorcycle accidents have a greater likelihood of suffering serious and permanent injury because motorcycles do not offer the same level of protection cars, trucks or other vehicles do. Our motorcycle accident lawyers in Fremont have successfully represented many injured bikers and the families of those who lost loved ones in crashes since 1982.
There are a lot of variables involved in motorcycle crashes, depending on how they occur and who is at fault, as well as prejudices from insurance companies and juries if the case goes to civil court. We have a wealth of experience handling motorcycle-related cases and know how to win in and out of court. Call us today at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400 to arrange a free consultation to see how we can help you.Motorcyclists Can Be at a Disadvantage When Placing a Claim
There is a misconception by some people that motorcycle riders are risk-takers who dress in leather to look tough, and old movies depicting them that way haven't helped, but this is just a misconception. The fact that motorcycle riders do not have the same level of protection as those in motor vehicles puts them at a disadvantage, and they know it. Most motorcyclists are cautious on the roadways because they understand that any accident could leave them seriously injured or killed.Combating Misperceptions about Motorcyclists
Insurance companies can use the false reputation of motorcycle riders as an excuse for paying less or denying claims. Our accident attorneys in Fremont have learned how insurance companies use tricks to lower the compensation paid out to injured riders or even deny their claims. We've successfully resolved so many claims. Our firm's founder and attorney Ed Smith wrote the California Motorcycle Accident Handbook, which answers common questions riders ask after they are injured in a collision.
In addition, we know how to educate juries about their misperception of bikers. We can help numerous injured clients get fair compensation for their losses through this advantage. Our injury lawyers will not allow our clients to be treated any less than they are and work hard to ensure they are dealt with fairly, whether by the insurance company or in court.Who Is Usually at Fault in a Motorcycle Collision?
There isn't as much clarity as many assume when determining who should be responsible when a motorcycle injury accident occurs. Motorcycle crashes can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Drivers of passenger vehicles, trucks, pedestrians, bicycle riders, or other motorcyclists can lead to an injury accident.
- Garage mechanics could be responsible if their work on the motorcycle was substandard.
- Rental companies may be liable if the motorcycle you rented had mechanical problems or wasn't well-maintained.
- Dangerous road conditions due to lack of maintenance by the government entity in charge can lead to a collision. With only six months to file a government claim, getting help from a Fremont motorcycle accident lawyer might be a good idea.
We will handle filing your claim and talking to the insurance company on your behalf. Insurance companies use various tactics to minimize the importance of claims and downplay injuries. There is no reason for you to struggle with this or have the claim denied. Your claims adjuster will be contacted by us, and a fair settlement will be sought.
Negotiations with the adjuster are necessary to obtain the compensation you deserve, and we can handle it on your behalf. We will do everything possible to get you what you deserve. If we need to file a lawsuit against the insurance company because their offer is too low and isn't fair or because it has been denied, we'll continue to fight for justice and fair compensation in civil court.Developing a Strong Claim to Support an Injured Motorcyclist's Case
Four things have to be proven against an at-fault party to place a claim for compensation. The claim must be filed in most instances within two years, which is the statute of limitations for a personal injury:
- The at-fault party owed a duty of care to others to not cause injuries and act responsibly.
- The at-fault party failed in that duty.
- Because of their negligent actions, you sustained an injury from the motorcycle collision.
- You suffered a financial loss because of that injury.
To support a client's compensation claim, evidence has to be gathered. Our skilled Fremont motorcycle accident lawyers will go to the site immediately and begin before evidence disappears or is covered by traffic. Evidence collection includes:
- Documents such as your police report, relevant medical records, and other expenses are obtained.
- Interviews are conducted with witnesses to the motorcycle accident. Witnesses can help corroborate how the crash occurred and may have even captured it as it happened on a cellphone.
- In some cases, we engage expert witnesses to assist in compiling your future medical needs and expenses and testifying if the case goes to civil court and is decided by a jury.
- Accident reconstruction is conducted, which shows how the collision happened.
- The police report is reviewed to ensure it is error-free because mistakes can affect the ability to recover damages.
- Business and traffic surveillance cameras are examined to see if the accident was captured.
Accident Attorney Ed Smith explains in the video below why a person should seek legal help after being injured by an at-fault driver or other entity:
Here are some related articles presented by motorcycle accident attorney Ed Smith:
- Motorcycle Accident Cases Are Often Undervalued
- FAQs About Motorcycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Riders and Their Rights
When you've been injured in a crash as a motorcyclist, our experienced Fremont motorcycle accident attorneys can offer you free and friendly advice about whether you can file a personal injury claim against the at-fault party. Contact us at (510) 631-0200 or (800) 404-5400, and we can arrange a free consultation for you in person or virtually.
During that consultation with one of our motorcycle accident lawyers, you can have your case reviewed, ask any questions you might have, and find out what options are available for you to recover compensation. We can be reached online also if you prefer. You may want to look over our Verdicts and Settlements page to find out how we have helped others.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 9.12.22]
Photo attribution: by Kelly L on Pexels.com
:cd  bw