Fortuna Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Fortuna is a small city nestled in the heart of Humboldt County, where the natural beauty and rich cultural heritage are unparalleled. Life in Fortuna is characterized by a warm and welcoming community where locals are known for their kindness and hospitality. Whether you're strolling through the charming shops and restaurants or exploring the breathtaking countryside, you'll feel a sense of peace and tranquility that is hard to find elsewhere.
Accidents can happen at any time despite the idyllic surroundings, and in a rural area like Fortuna, it is essential to be prepared. As personal injury lawyers in Fortuna, we understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that accidents can take on individuals and families. We are here to provide you with the compassionate support and legal guidance you need to navigate these difficult times.
If you have been injured in an accident and need advice or legal help, we invite you to contact us for a free consultation. Our team of experienced Fortuna personal injury lawyers is here to help you obtain the justice and compensation you deserve. Please call us at (707) 564-1900, and let us help you return to healing and recovery.Accidents in Fortuna and Humboldt County
U.S. Route 101 services Fortuna and provides easy travel to San Francisco, a little over 200 miles away. It is the gateway to the redwood forests, and accidents still happen with all the beauty this area offers visitors and residents alike.
In 2015, the last year for complete data, Fortuna had 27 accidents within the city limits. Additional crashes occurred on the nearby highway. Of the 27 accidents:
- 30 percent involved rear-end collisions
- 33 percent were broadside crashes
- 18 percent of the accidents involved pedestrians
- 7 percent were head-on incidents
Most of the accidents happened in the afternoon hours and early evening.Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Fortuna, CA
Fortuna's highest number of accidents (22.2 percent) happened because a driver failed to give another motor vehicle operator the right of way. Speed was a factor in 14.8 percent of crashes. Following too closely, failing to provide a pedestrian the right of way, and driving on the wrong side of the road occurred 11 percent of the time. Failing to obey traffic signals was responsible for accidents approximately 7 percent of the time. Other reasons for a Fortuna traffic accident are:
- Distracted driving: Driving distracted, when a driver's focus is not on the road ahead, has become a significant cause of traffic accidents.
- Impaired driving: Driving while impaired by alcohol and drugs, both illicit and prescription, is the cause of many deaths each year.
- Fatigued driving: Drivers who are too tired to drive should not do it. Today's schedules are demanding, and many drivers cannot open their eyes. This is true of both car and truck drivers. The latter often have grueling schedules, and keeping up with them means getting inadequate sleep.
- Aggressive driving: Driving while exhibiting signs of anger can lead to car accidents. Sometimes the anger becomes excessive and is classified as road rage, an illegal act.
A Fortuna personal injury attorney helps clients with physical, emotional, and psychological injuries. These damages occur due to someone else's negligence. This includes accidental and intentional acts. Some areas our firm handles are:
- Car accidents: This category includes a wide variety of car accidents. A Fortuna car accident lawyer can build a solid case to recover damages by investigating the crash.
- Motorcycle accidents: Accidents between a motorcycle and a motor vehicle often result in catastrophic injuries to the biker. Because of the nature of the injuries, a motorcycle accident lawyer can use their skills to obtain the compensation the injured party deserves.
- Catastrophic injuries: Catastrophic injuries bring serious harm to a person and usually are valued at over $1 million.
- Bicycle crashes: Catastrophic injuries are common in bicycle accidents due to cyclists' lack of protective barriers.
- Truck accidents: When a passenger vehicle collides with a big truck, the more minor vehicle occupants will experience a significant injury. A truck accident lawyer will be able to obtain compensation for damages, and they will also help the family file a lawsuit against the negligent party.
- Defective product liability: All products, from auto parts to furniture, can be faulty. A product liability lawyer can file a lawsuit against the manufacturer to claim damages.
- Pedestrian accidents: Just as with cyclists, a pedestrian lacks protection, and the degree of injury is usually a speed factor. A pedestrian accident lawyer can help by filing a claim against the other party and bringing the case to civil court.
- Boating accidents: California has many beautiful waterways and beaches. Unfortunately, boating can be dangerous, and it is essential to have the help of a personal injury lawyer when this type of accident happens.
- Dog bites: California has many instances of dog bites. Since the law allows an injured party to make a case against a negligent owner, many cases go to court. A dog bite lawyer can help recover the cost of injuries attributable to a dog bite.
- Traumatic brain injury: Brain injuries can have devastating consequences for an injured person. Treatment costs are high, and the hospital and rehabilitation center stays can be lengthy. A traumatic brain injury lawyer can help.
- Wrongful death cases: When a negligent party causes the death of a loved one, the family not only grieves but also suffers a financial loss. A wrongful death lawyer can help them get back on their feet financially.
- Defective medical devices: Today, many devices are implanted surgically. Sometimes, the recipient suffers an injury if the device is faulty. Your Fortuna defective medical device lawyer will help the injured party recover the compensation they deserve.
- Government negligence: The government is responsible for ensuring road safety. A Fortuna personal injury attorney could take the case to court if the government entity reneged on its duty.
Most accidents happen because of driver error. However, the law demands that responsibility for a collision be proven. While police reports help to determine fault, it is essential for someone injured in a crash to pursue their own investigation.
Injured individuals struggle to heal often, and taking on one more obligation would be too much. That is where an injury lawyer comes in. We have experience with accidents and will apply investigative techniques to determine the cause. Once this is done, we will build a case against the negligent party. If negotiations fail, we will file a civil lawsuit against them.
Watch the following video to learn more about selecting the best personal injury lawyer for your case.Call Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Fortuna, CA
When an accident happens, your world can be shattered. Turn to our experienced Fortuna personal injury attorneys for free and friendly advice. Call us at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400. You can also reach out to us online on our contact form.
Editor's Note: updated 4.25.23 Photo Attribution: StockSnap cd cha [cs 1223]