Fortuna Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Fortuna is a charming town near the coast along Highway 101 as it runs through Humboldt County. The population of 12,191 makes Fortuna large enough to have all the amenities you could need while being small enough to get to know your neighbors.
In this rural area, most people don't think about being injured. However, accidents can happen anywhere and at any time. As Fortuna personal injury lawyers, we hope you keep this in mind if you need advice or legal help. You can reach us at (707) 564-1900 for a free consultation.Accidents in Fortuna and Humboldt County
U.S. Route 101 services Fortuna and provides easy travel to San Francisco, a little over 200 miles away. It is the gateway to the redwood forests, and accidents still happen with all the beauty this area offers visitors and residents alike.
In 2015, the last year for which complete data is available, Fortuna had 27 accidents within the city limits. Additional crashes occurred on the nearby highway. Of the 27 accidents:
- 30 percent involved rear-end collisions
- 33 percent were broadside crashes
- 18 percent of the accidents involved pedestrians
- 7 percent were head-on incidents
Most of the accidents happened in the afternoon hours and early evening.Common Causes of Auto Accidents in Fortuna, CA
Fortuna's highest number of accidents (22.2 percent) happened because a driver failed to give another motor vehicle operator the right of way. Speed was a factor in 14.8 percent of crashes. Following too closely, failing to provide a pedestrian the right of way and driving on the wrong side of the road occurred 11 percent of the time. Failing to obey traffic signals was responsible for accidents approximately 7 percent of the time. Other reasons for a Fortuna traffic accident are:
- Distracted driving: Driving distracted, when a driver's focus is not on the road ahead, has become a significant cause of traffic accidents.
- Impaired driving: Driving while impaired by alcohol and drugs, both illicit and prescription, is the cause of many deaths each year.
- Fatigued driving: Drivers who are too tired to drive should not do it. Today's schedules are demanding, and many drivers cannot open their eyes. This is true of both car and truck drivers. The latter often have grueling schedules, and keeping up with them means getting inadequate sleep.
- Aggressive driving: Driving while exhibiting signs of anger can lead to car accidents. Sometimes the anger becomes excessive and is classified as road rage, an illegal act.
A Fortuna personal injury attorney helps clients who have suffered physical, emotional, and psychological injuries. These damages occur due to someone else's negligence. This includes accidental and intentional acts. Some areas our firm handles are:
- Car accidents: This category includes a wide variety of car accidents. A Fortuna car accident lawyer can build a solid case to recover damages by investigating the crash.
- Motorcycle accidents: Accidents between a motorcycle and a motor vehicle often result in catastrophic injuries to the biker. Because of the nature of the injuries, motorcycle accident lawyer can use their skills to obtain the compensation the injured party deserves.
- Catastrophic injuries: Catastrophic injuries bring serious harm to a person and usually are valued at over $1 million.
- Bicycle crashes: Catastrophic injuries are common in bicycle accidents due to cyclists' lack of protective barriers.
- Truck accidents: When a passenger vehicle collides with a big truck, the more minor vehicle occupants will experience a significant injury. A truck accident lawyer will be able to obtain compensation for damages, and they will also help the family file a lawsuit against the negligent party.
- Defective product liability: All products can be faulty, from auto parts to furniture. A product liability lawyer can file a lawsuit against the manufacturer to claim damages.
- Pedestrian accidents: Just as with cyclists, a pedestrian lacks protection, and the degree of injury is usually a factor of speed. A pedestrian accident lawyer can help by filing a claim against the other party and bringing the case to civil court.
- Boating accidents: California has many beautiful waterways and beaches. Unfortunately, boating can be dangerous, and it is essential to have the help of a personal injury lawyer when this type of accident happens.
- Dog bites: California has many instances of dog bites. Since the law allows an injured party to make a case against a negligent owner, many cases go to court. A dog bite lawyer can help recover the cost of injuries attributable to a dog bite.
- Traumatic brain injury: Brain injuries can have devastating consequences for an injured person. The cost of treatment is high, and the hospital and rehabilitation center stays can be lengthy. A traumatic brain injury lawyer can help.
- Wrongful death cases: When a negligent party causes the death of a loved one, the family not only grieves but also suffers a financial loss. A wrongful death lawyer can help them get back on their feet financially.
- Defective medical devices: Today, many devices are implanted surgically. Sometimes, the recipient suffers an injury if the device is faulty. Your Fortuna defective medical device lawyer will help the injured party recover the compensation they deserve.
- Government negligence: The government is responsible for ensuring road safety. A Fortuna personal injury attorney could take the case to court if the government entity reneged on its duty.
Most accidents happen because of driver error. However, the law demands that responsibility for a collision be proven. While police reports help determine fault, it is essential for someone injured in a crash to pursue their own investigation.
Injured individuals struggle to heal often, and taking on one more obligation would be too much. That is where an injury lawyer comes in. We have experience with accidents and will apply investigative techniques to determine the cause. Once this is done, we will build a case against the negligent party. If negotiations fail, we will file a civil lawsuit against them.
Watch the following video to learn more about selecting the best personal injury lawyer for your case.Call Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Fortuna, CA
When an accident happens, your world can be shattered. Turn to our experienced Fortuna personal injury attorneys for free and friendly advice. Call us at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400. You can also reach out to us online on our contact form.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 11.28.22]
Photo Attribution: StockSnap
:cd cha [cs 1132]