Folsom Truck Accident Lawyer
Throughout California, including the greater Folsom area, large commercial trucks share the roads with cars and other passenger vehicles. These trucks are heavily regulated by state and federal government, yet there are thousands of serious accidents every year. When there is a crash between a tractor-trailer or other large commercial truck and a much smaller, lighter car, the impact forces often cause severe, and even life-threatening injuries. It is not unusual for the driver and passengers of the smaller vehicle to be hospitalized with serious injuries while the truck operator walks away with minimal or no injuries. It is imperative to get legal assistance from a truck accident lawyer in Folsom as soon as possible to move forward from these injuries.
If you have been injured in a trucking accident and believe negligence was involved, you may be entitled to damages for your accident. You can file a personal injury claim against the person responsible for compensation to pay for all your damages including your mental and physical suffering. Call our experienced injury lawyers at (916) 921-6400 for a free consultation.Factors in Truck Accidents
There are many reasons why large trucks are involved in accidents in Folsom and the surrounding areas, but many of these crashes involve the negligence of the operator or trucking company. Some of the common types of negligence include the following:
- Overloading or failing to secure cargo – Profit motivates much of the behavior that leads to devastating accidents and trying to load as much as possible onto a trailer often leads to dangerous conditions.
- Failing to maintain vehicles – When a truck is pulled off the road for repair, it costs driver/owners or trucking companies money, so maintenance may be pushed off as long as possible.
- Improperly training drivers – Many trucking companies are desperate for drivers and are putting them behind the wheel of these large trucks earlier than they should be.
- Negligent driving – Whether driving while fatigued because the driver is violating federal hours-of-service regulations, talking or texting on a cell phone, speeding to make up time, or engaging in other behaviors that place innocent lives in jeopardy, this behavior leads to many serious accidents.
- Aggressive driving – When a driver of a large truck goes beyond negligent driving to actively engage in road rage related behaviors, there is a serious risk of a terrible accident.
When there is a collision between a car and a commercial truck, the resulting injuries may be horrific, including:
- Fractured or broken bones
- Spinal injuries, including extensive damage that leaves a person a paraplegic or quadriplegic
- Limb amputation
- Internal organ damage
- Permanent disfigurement
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Burn injuries
A person who has been seriously injured may face many months in the hospital, followed by extended periods of time going through rehabilitation and therapy. Many people never are able to go back to work at the job they held before the serious car accident. There also is a tremendous burden placed on the family and loved ones of the person who was harmed by the negligence of another. For these reasons, it is critical to pursue a personal injury case to recover the following damages:
- Medical expenses, including costs reasonably likely to accrue over a lifetime of care necessary because of the accident
- Lost wages and future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages – these only are awarded where the actions of the negligent party were deemed to be egregious.
If a person was killed because a trucker or trucking company was negligent, a Folsom truck accident attorney may bring a wrongful death action on behalf of surviving family members to obtain the compensation necessary to rebuild the lives of those devastated by the terrible loss of a loved one.
The video below discusses the types of damages you can claim in a trucking accident lawsuit.Consult with a Folsom Truck Accident Attorney Today
If you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one to wrongful death because of a big rig crash, you may be entitled to compensation. Contact our Folsom truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation by calling (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We offer free, friendly legal advice anytime.
Photo by StockSnap
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 1.26.21]