Folsom Motorcycle Accident Attorney
With an average annual temperature of just under 75 degrees Fahrenheit, the temperate Folsom climate attracts motorcycle riders from across the nation. The 2010 U.S. Census reported a population in Folsom of just over 70,000, making the town ideal for avoiding the congestion and the increased traffic dangers of the big city. Even so, this suburb, located in Sacramento County, still sees its fair share of motorcycle accidents, sometimes to good people who were simply out for a ride and enjoying the weather or using their wheels for daily transportation.
Even worse, your risk of dying in a motorcycle accident is 35 times more likely than it is in a car accident. One way to protect yourself is to always wear your helmet, even if you drive defensively. Taking proactive measures protects you in the event of unsafe drivers.Dangerous Spots in Folsom
Folsom Boulevard near Blue Ravine is listed as one of the most dangerous intersections in Folsom. Many accidents have been reported in that intersection. Other dangerous intersections in Folsom include:
- Bidwell St. and Iron Point Rd.
- Blue Ravine Rd. and Riley St.
- Mormon St., Natoma St. Aly. and Riley St.
- Natoma St., Persifer St. Aly. and Riley St.
- Peddlers Ln. and Riley St.
- Persifer St., Bidwell St. Aly. and Riley St.
- Sutter St. and Figueroa St.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, the responsible party might have been able to prevent it. Read on for common causes of these accidents:
- Negligence or inattention – The other driver was negligent or careless, ran you off the road or hit you, possibly knocking you down. The other cyclist, car, truck or SUV might have ignored or broken the rules of the road and could be held responsible for compensation.
- Road defects or hazards - Dangerous road conditions, such as potholes, can cause accidents, especially since motorcycles depend on safe roads for transportation. You could suffer a blowout or flip your bike due to the city’s failure to properly maintain the roads, and the government could be found liable.
- Manufacturer defects – If a part fails due to poor craftsmanship, the manufacturer could be held responsible in an accident.
Watch YouTube Video: 5 Common Motorcycle Accidents and How to Avoid Them. This video provides a look at the five most common causes of motorcycle accidents.Common Injuries after a Motorcycle Accident
After a motorcycle accident, victims suffer numerous types of injuries, which can drastically change their future. Even a relatively “minor” injury can mean months of treatment while more serious injuries can result in permanent damage or long-term care. These might include:
- Dislocated, fractured or broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Neck or spinal cord damage
- The loss of a limb
- Traumatic brain injury
At this difficult time, you are focusing on recovering from the trauma of the accident, paying your medical bills, dealing with your insurance company and finding another vehicle. You hope that you can secure money for future treatment as you do not want your financial future destroyed by the accident.
I have been helping good people like you, other motorcycle accident victims, for nearly three decades, and I would be honored to take you through this difficult process step by step:
- We will sit down together and review your case, discussing possible alternatives.
- I will speak with the insurance companies and anyone else who is involved to take that burden off you and to expedite the processing of your case for a just resolution.
- Finally, if we cannot obtain satisfactory results for you through discussion with these parties, I will file a personal injury lawsuit and pursue court action on your behalf.
If you need guidance after a serious motorcycle accident, look no further. My name is Ed Smith, and I would be happy to talk with you at no cost or obligation. You can reach me at 916.921.6400. If you prefer, contact me online for more information.
I represent people across Folsom and the greater area after motorcycle accidents involving property damage or personal injury. I have a track record of helping clients when the other driver was drunk, fled the accident scene, was not insured or was negligent. In addition, I work with accident victims due to a defective product or part or due to design flaws in the motorcycle.
For previous settlements and verdicts, click here.
As members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, we have the honor of being part of a select group of trial lawyers who have secured multiple verdicts and settlements of a million dollars or more.