FedEx Truck Accidents
Federal Express (FedEx) was founded in 1973 and has more than 140,000 employees driving some 43,000 trucks. This trucking company is based in Memphis, Tennessee. When driving on California's streets and highways, you will typically see many FedEx trucks on the roads.
In one recent two-year time period, FedEx trucks were involved in 474 accidents, including 197 injury accidents and one death.FedEx Truck Driver Training
Although FedEx drivers are trained in driving these large trucks, often the training is inadequate, or the drivers do not follow the rules they were taught.Causes of FedEx Truck Accidents
FedEx truck accidents can happen for many reasons:
- A company vehicle may have been improperly maintained, leading the FedEx truck to catch on fire.
- A driver may be sleep deprived or have been driving more hours than allowed by Federal Regulations.
- The FedEx driver may have failed to follow the rules of the road.
- A vehicle can overturn and spill contents onto the highway.
- The truck driver may be under the influence of alcohol or amphetamines or other drugs.
- The cargo may have been improperly attached, leading to instability.
- The truck may have been improperly marked for conspicuity in nighttime driving.
- A driver might fail to yield or pass dangerously.
Since big rigs are so heavy, a Federal Express truck accident can have disastrous results.
Below are several videos showing serious crashes that involved a FedEx truck.Why You Need an Experienced Truck Injury Attorney for a FedEx Accident
Retaining an experienced injury lawyer after a FedEx truck accident is essential. Most people don’t realize that having an experienced personal injury attorney on their side can make a world of difference. They believe that they can handle the case on their own or that their insurance company will take care of it. Unfortunately, the mistake of not hiring a FedEx truck accident attorney could end up costing them much of the personal injury compensation they may have been entitled to otherwise.FedEx Truck Accident Lawyer
Hurt in a crash involving a FedEx delivery truck? Injury lawyer, Ed Smith, and his legal team have been handling cases against negligent truckers and trucking companies since 1982. Call our law firm now for free, friendly advice on your FedEx truck accident case at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 1.4.21]
Photo by jp26jp on pixabay.com