Fairfield Truck Accident Lawyer
For those who have never been to Fairfield, it’s one of those places that you will quite easily fall in love with the moment you encounter it. Like other California cities, Fairfield is decorated with the telltale palm trees that let you know, beyond a doubt, that you are in California. If you plan to visit, don’t forget to stop by Anheuser-Busch and Jelly Belly, and be sure to make some time for Six Flags.
For those who are residents of Fairfield, finding ways to pass the time isn’t difficult at all. In fact, the gorgeous weather allows for plenty of outdoor activities, including festivals and golfing, and the water park is open during the summer. The close proximity to the Napa Valley Wine Country means that you can get a tasting of wine just about any time your heart desires.Were You Injured in a Fairfield Truck Accident?
If you have landed on this page, there is a good chance that you have already been involved in a truck accident in Fairfield. There is also a good chance that you do not know any personal injury attorneys.
I am aware that choosing an attorney who can truly help you and your loved ones with your personal injury case can be an intimidating mission. If you are worried that you are not going to be offered an appropriate settlement amount from the insurance agency, then you are right to start looking for legal representation now.
Maybe you are already getting the run-around from the negligent truck driver’s insurance company. You may even be getting the run-around from your own insurance company.
You were injured. It was someone else’s fault. You deserve to be compensated fully for your injuries. You need someone who can make that happen.Truck Accidents in Fairfield
Fairfield is seated almost directly between San Francisco and Sacramento, and with Highway 80 running through, the city sees a ton of traffic, including commercial trucks carrying goods. Carrying truckers south, toward Walnut Creek, is Interstate 680, which is another place where heavy traffic is found. And, when there is heavy traffic, you can rest assured there will be truck accidents.Common Causes of Fairfield Truck Accidents
While truck accidents are referred to as “accidents,” they usually are not accidents. Truck accidents are caused by unsafe acts that are committed by truck drivers. Some unsafe truck driver behaviors include:
- Inadequate training about safety concerns, driving technique, or defensive driving.
- Compensation systems that encourage truckers to drive faster.
- Companies requiring truck drivers to work hours of consecutive driving that are not normally advisable.
- Unrealistic schedules and expectations of trucking companies.
Sometimes, the load is not loaded onto the truck accurately, causing the weight of the goods to be lopsided. This can cause an accident if the truckers take a turn faster than they should. Other times, there are vehicle malfunctions that occur in trucks that are not inspected on a regular basis that cause accidents, as well.Finding an Attorney for Your Fairfield Truck Accident
I have put together a YouTube video to help truck accident victims find an attorney for their case. You can watch my video below:
Just to recap:
- Look for a personal injury attorney who exclusively practices personal injury law.
- Trust your gut feeling about the attorneys you talk to.
- Check out reviews about the personal injury attorneys you are considering on Avvo, Google, and Yelp.
- Find an experienced trial lawyer.
- Inquire about past verdicts and settlements. (For the record, you can check out my past verdicts and settlements)
Q: Do you know where the most dangerous intersections in Fairfield are?
A: Yes. According to TIMS Berkeley, the most dangerous intersections are:
- Airbase Parkway and Heath Drive
- Alaska Avenue and Heath Drive
- Gateway Boulevard and Travis Boulevard
- Acacia Street and Texas Street
- Beck Avenue and State Route 12
- Texas Street and Travis Boulevard
- Air Base Parkway and Dover Avenue
- Air Base Parkway and Texas Street
- Air Base Parkway and Clay Bank Road
- Airbase Parkway and Waterman Boulevard
Q: Can you recommend a good auto repair place in Fairfield?
A: Yes. The following auto repair shops in Fairfield have good reviews:
420 Union Ave.
Fairfield, CA 94533
I’m Ed Smith, a truck accident attorney in Fairfield. If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident in Fairfield, please call me at 916.921.6400 or 800.404.5400 for free and friendly advice. I have been handling serious personal injury cases since 1982, and I would be happy to discuss the details of your case with you today.
I am a proud and longstanding member of the following groups and associations:
- Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
- Brain Injury Association of California
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Top One Percent
Photo by Pixabay
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 8.30.19]