Fairfield Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Unfortunately, many motorcycle injuries and deaths occur in California. This is mainly because California has the largest volume of registered motorcyclists in the country. Statistics show that 28% of California motorcycle riders killed in 2017 were drunk. In addition to thousands of injuries, approximately 500 motorcyclists were killed in wrecks just in California.Motorcycle Accidents Can Have Life-Altering Consequences
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conducted an exhaustive assessment of the types and severity of injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents. The study included over one million motorcyclists who were treated in emergency rooms during a seven-year period. The results of the study indicate the following:
- Thirty percent of injuries were to the leg and foot area
- Twenty-two percent of the motorcyclists reported injuries to their head or neck some degree to these areas
Examples of these injuries may include:
- Back injury
- Bone fractures
- Facial lacerations
- Joint injury
- Loss of a limb
- Neck injury
- Organ damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury or head wound
If you or a loved one suffered one, or a combination, of the injuries described above, you need to contact an experienced Fairfield motorcycle accident attorney to discuss your legal options.Recoverable Damages
If you decide to file an injury claim against the negligent party’s insurance company, you can pursue financial restitution for the following harms and losses:
- Incurred medical expenses (e.g., ER bill, ambulance bill, etc.).
- Future medical expenses (e.g., rehabilitative care, medications, etc.).
- Lost wages due to time missed from work (this includes the use of any vacation time you opt to use during your recovery).
- Pain and suffering (i.e., emotional and psychological harms associated with the wreck).
Watch the YouTube below to find out more about motorcycle accidents.Do I Need to Hire an Attorney?
It is recommended you, at the very least, speak to a Fairfield motorcycle accident lawyer to get a full understanding of your legal options. Contacting a lawyer is a no-risk, high reward proposition. It is no risk because the majority of personal injury lawyers in and around Fairfield provide free, no-obligation initial consultations to prospective clients. This means that if you do not like what you hear, you do not need to move forward. If you do like what you hear, you can hire the attorney and proceed with the injury claim process.What To Look For in a Motorcycle Accident Attorney
It can feel overwhelming trying to select the right attorney for your motorcycle accident case. Lawyer ads are virtually everywhere – television, public transit buses, billboards, etc. The best strategy is to do your due diligence by evaluating the following traits of any lawyer you meet:
- the lawyer shows compassion and sensitivity to your particular situation
- the lawyer takes the care and time to explain your legal options and how the injury claim process generally works
- the lawyer has a positive reputation in the legal community (you can verify this on third-party lawyers rating websites such as Avvo and Justia)
- the lawyer has experience representing clients injured in motorcycle accidents
According to California Civ. Proc. §335.1, an injured party has two years from the date of the harm to file a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent party. This means if you attempt to file a lawsuit after two years, your case will likely get thrown out of court. Do not let this happen. Take legal action sooner rather than later.Will My Case Go To Trial?
The circumstances of each case are different, which is why there is no definitive answer to this question. However, most personal injury cases do in fact settle outside of court. As the client, you retain the right to approve or deny any settlement offer made by the insurance company. Your lawyer will offer their advice and counsel, but the decision to settle is ultimately up to you.
A motorcycle accident can result in the rider suffering serious, debilitating injuries that may affect them for the rest of their lives. This is why you need a lawyer who is on your side and will work to pursue maximum compensation.Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fairfield, CA
Hurt in a motorcycle crash in Fairfield, CA or elsewhere in Solano County? Experienced accident attorney, Ed Smith, can help obtain the personal injury settlement you deserve. To learn more, contact our legal team today for free, friendly case advice at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400.
:sb bw [ CS 998]
Photo by Harley-Davidson on Unsplash
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 8.6.20]