Eureka Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Eureka is a beautiful city with plenty of parks and local businesses that are well worth walking to, so it’s no wonder why many residents choose to go places on foot. However, when pedestrians share roadways with vehicles, there is always the risk of a serious collision. Because pedestrians aren’t protected by steel walls, airbags, or even helmets, they are liable to sustain severe injuries, even in low-speed accidents. Sadly, pedestrian accident injuries frequently have a major impact on pedestrians’ lives.
As Eureka pedestrian accident lawyers, we take pride in helping injured pedestrians recover compensation after serious auto accidents so that they can recover and move forward with their lives.We Specialize in Major Accident Cases
Our firm has specialized in major accident cases for almost four decades, and we only handle cases that involve either a severe or fatal injury. Because we’ve focused our practice for so long, every one of our lawyers is an expert when it comes to handling high-value cases. We are well prepared to go up against at-fault parties and insurance companies willing to put up a legal battle to avoid financial responsibility for accidents.
While we will only take on major injury cases, we handle several different injury types. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Bone fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Internal injuries
- Burn injuries
- Amputation injuries
- Severe road rash
Pedestrian accidents frequently occur at intersections, and some intersections are more dangerous than others. While it might be impossible to say exactly when or where a pedestrian crash will happen, it is possible to increase your safety by learning about what areas of your city are hazardous.
According to data reported by the Eureka Police Department and other area traffic agencies, these intersections saw the most serious pedestrian accidents between 2009 and 2020. Each intersection is listed next to the number of pedestrian accidents that occurred within 250 feet of the location during the time period in question:
- Broadway Street at Fairfield Street and Wabash Avenue, 13
- 14th Street at Broadway Street, 10
- H Street at Laura Lane, 10
- Broadway Street at Henderson Street, 9
- 14th Street at Albee Street, 8
- California Street at Harris Street, 8
- Harris Street at Pine Street, 8
- Koster Street at Wabash Avenue, 7
- Myrtle Avenue at West Avenue, 7
You can also decrease your chances of being hurt in a pedestrian accident by educating yourself on best practices for walking safely on public roadways. To get some great pedestrian safety tips, watch this video from Safe Steps:What Damages Can Pedestrians Claim Through Injury Claims?
Pedestrian accident injuries can be both painful and stressful, and the recovery process may take a long period of time. Not only that, but recovering is also often very expensive. Serious injuries may require many medical treatments that can include surgeries, medications, physical therapy, and much more. Affording these treatments can be hard, and it’s even harder for those who have been left unable to work because of their injuries.
Fortunately, all of these economic damages and more can be included in personal injury claim compensation packages. While every case is different and the compensation available depends on your specific circumstances, injury cases usually include two main damages. These are economic damages like medical bills and lost income and non-economic damages related to loss of quality of life.
For a better idea of what you can claim for your case, you should always seek direct advice from an experienced Eureka personal injury lawyer. Most attorneys are happy to give you free advice during a phone consultation, so there is nothing to lose by reaching out for advice from a professional.How Do I Find a Trustworthy Lawyer?
Pedestrian accident survivors have a lot to worry about. Finding a lawyer that you know you can trust shouldn’t be an added stress to an already difficult situation. Fortunately, finding an excellent Eureka pedestrian accident attorney doesn’t need to be difficult. While searching for an attorney, keep these things in mind:
- Reputation - Your attorney should have an excellent reputation among their peers and prior clients. To find out about a lawyer’s reputation, all you need to do is look through their profiles on sites like Avvo or Yelp.
- Experience - To be sure that your lawyer will handle your case effectively, you should know that they’ve successfully resolved cases like yours in the past. A good way to do this is to look for the attorney’s settlements and verdicts page on their website. If you can’t find one, you should feel free to ask about an attorney’s past successes in person.
- Resources - Because injury cases can be costly, at-fault parties are frequently willing to put considerable resources into defending themselves. You should know that your attorney has enough manpower and time to commit to your case. To see if an attorney is truly willing to do everything they can to get you the payments you deserve, ask them whether or not they would be comfortable taking your case to trial.
I’m Ed Smith, a Eureka pedestrian accident lawyer. Pedestrian injuries can be severe. To get free, friendly advice about your pedestrian accident case, please contact us as soon as you can at (800) 404-5400 or (707) 564-1900.
Our law firm has helped people in Eureka and other Northern CA cities with pedestrian accident cases since 1982. Learn about our work by looking at some of our past settlements and verdicts or by reading personal reviews of our practice on these websites:
We are proud to be a part of the Million Dollar Advocates. Every member of this group is a U.S. lawyer with a prior case settlement or verdict for which their client received a minimum of one million dollars. We also belong to the legal counsel group, Top One Percent.