Escalon Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Riding a motorcycle is a great way to get around town, especially in a rural place like Escalon. State Highway 120 runs through the city connecting it to the Bay Area. However, as more motorists and motorcyclists go through Escalon, there's a higher risk of traffic accidents. A collision with a motorcycle can cause severe injuries to motorcyclists and their passengers due to the lack of metal protection.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and suffered severe injuries, call our skilled Escalon motorcycle accident attorneys at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for a free case evaluation.Getting Help After a Motorcycle Accident
If you have suffered an injury or lost a loved one in a motorcycle crash caused by someone else's negligence, reach out to an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer to learn about your legal options. Look for someone willing to fight for your best interests and with the skill and experience to win your case. At AutoAccident.com, our seasoned injury lawyers have successfully handled numerous motorcycle accident cases in Northern California and work hard to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcyclists know they have to be careful on the road. But despite taking precautions, staying safe on California roadways can be challenging. Some major causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Speeding: A speeding driver has less chance of seeing a motorcyclist and reacting in time to prevent an accident.
- Dooring occurs when drivers open their doors without looking first for oncoming traffic.
- Sudden stops: Drivers who make sudden stops can cause motorcyclists to strike the back of their vehicle.
- Impaired driving: Motorists who drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol are responsible for a considerable percentage of traffic accidents.
- Lane splitting: Although lane splitting is legal in California, a motorist who isn't on alert for motorcyclists can cause an accident.
- Left turns: A driver turning left at a stop sign or intersection can hit a motorcyclist going straight.
- Unsafe lane change: Motorists who don't check their blind spots when changing lanes can collide with a motorcyclist.
- Poor road maintenance: Crumbling pavement, potholes, lack of signage, and faded lines can lead to a motorcycle accident.
- Defective motorcycle parts: A defective part in the motorcycle can cause a crash.
Motorcycle accidents are traumatic and can result in life-long injuries. Some common types of injuries that can occur in a motorcycle accident include:
- Bone Fractures
- Head and Neck Injuries
- Loss of Limbs
- Road Rash
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Shoulder Dislocations
- Traumatic Brain Injury
Following a motorcycle accident, what you do next depends on the severity of your injuries. If you think you have suffered bone fractures, you must seek medical treatment immediately. However, if your injuries are minor, you must stay at the scene to gather information and evidence from the other party involved in the accident. Below are several steps to take:
- Call 911 to get the police to respond to the accident and write a traffic report. Always ask for a copy of the report.
- Get the names, insurance information, driver's license, and phone numbers of all parties involved in the accident.
- Get statements and contact information from witnesses. You can use your phone to record their statement.
- Take photos of the accident scene and roadway marks or placement of the vehicles.
- Contact your insurance company to report the accident.
- See a doctor as soon as possible or go to the emergency room if your pain worsens.
Besides going through physical and emotional pain from your motorcycle crash, you could also face hardships from loss of time from work, high medical expenses, and extensive physical therapy treatments. This could be a stressful time in your life, and you may not know what to do. Insurance companies have an internal legal team that handles the law relating to motorcycle collisions. Having a skilled Escalon motorcycle accident attorney on your side is essential when dealing with the insurance company and its legal representatives. Consult with a personal injury lawyer who handles motorcycle accidents if you have questions.
Personal injury attorney Ed Smith explains why hiring a motorcycle accident attorney is essential after your accident.Call Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Escalon, CA
A motorcycle collision can cause catastrophic injuries or even death. If you or a loved one has suffered significant injuries in a motorcycle accident in or near the Escalon area, call our skilled Escalon motorcycle accident attorneys at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly case advice. You can also reach us online.
See our past verdicts and settlements page.
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 10.26.22]