East Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyer
With increased traffic, it isn't surprising that more big trucks are on the roads. California ships most of its goods, including food and electronics, by truck. Drivers are discovering that colliding with one another is more common now.
You can claim compensation if a truck driver or the company that employs them is responsible for your accident injuries. That's where an East Sacramento truck accident lawyer can help. Since 1982, we've helped numerous injured individuals and those who have lost a loved one obtain the compensation they deserve. Call today for a free evaluation of your accident injury at (916) 921-6400.Highways Are Common Locations for Truck Accidents
East Sacramento is located east of Midtown, so residents commonly take one of the surrounding highways to the airport or make it more convenient to get to other locations in the metropolitan area. We all have traveled on roads where a big rig was tailgating or whizzed by at high speed. Many of us have had to drop back or distance ourselves from a truck driver driving dangerously. However, sometimes, no matter how cautious we are as motorists, an accident happens.Causes of Accidents With Big Rigs
There are many reasons an accident can occur with a big rig that is either the driver's or the company's fault. To successfully drive a tractor-trailer or other big truck, the driver requires special skills, licensing, and experience. Some of the primary reasons an accident happens are because:
- The driver is fatigued. Truck drivers are paid by the mile, so reaching a destination quickly is to their advantage. The driver may also be pushed by their employer. The pressure and long hours on the road can lead to fatigue and cause a big rig crash.
- Poor truck maintenance can cause an accident: Trucks are inspected daily by the driver; however, taking the time to perform needed maintenance means the vehicle will be out of commission. Lack of care can be the fault of the driver, company owner, or mechanic who does a poor job.
- Distracted driving is caused by long hours on the road: Any driver knows that if you're on the road for too long, your mind begins to wander, your eyes start feeling gritty, and you get sleepy. Truck drivers face these distractions also and do whatever they can to stay alert and awake. Unfortunately, this may include more distractions such as texting, radio adjustments, and other actions that can lead to an 18-wheeler collision.
- Inexperienced drivers are a danger on the road: Because of a long-standing shortage of qualified drivers, a trucking company may hire someone who doesn't have the needed experience. This can easily result in a traffic accident.
- Substance abuse is a real problem among truckers: Along with extended hours on the road, boredom, and fatigue, some drivers resort to using legal or illegal substances to try and stay alert. While they may feel more awake, it can interfere with their ability to drive safely.
- Overloaded or poorly loaded cargo can cause a crash: If a truck is overloaded or poorly loaded, it can lead to a rollover or jackknife accident.
Big rigs are regulated by state and federal laws, so they are more complicated to investigate than an accident involving passenger vehicles. A seasoned truck accident lawyer from East Sacramento can help. The collection of evidence is necessary to support a client's compensation claim.
Our investigators are experienced and begin by talking to witnesses and examining the police report for errors. They ensure that the driver and company follow federal and state regulations. Cameras are sought from local traffic cameras, businesses, or even witness cell phones. Accident reconstruction is performed, and the area is checked for negligence by the government entity in charge, such as malfunctioning lights, weak guardrails, and potholes.An East Sacramento Truck Accident Attorney You Can Trust
Having an injury attorney you can trust is essential. We will sit down with you and your family at the free case review and listen to the facts surrounding your accident and how you were injured. We will ask questions and encourage you to do the same. At the end of this first session, we will give you your choices going forward. We will explain everything in detail, not just use legal jargon you must look up when you get home.
Make an appointment to meet with one of our skilled East Sacramento truck accident attorneys, either in person or virtually, and learn about your crash from a legal point of view. There is no obligation to retain AutoAccident.com. Many people will tell you that if you do, you'll be happy about that decision. However, it's your call, and since your future is on the line, that's exactly how it should be.
Take a moment to learn what happens at the initial, complimentary case review when meeting with our injury attorneys.Contact an East Sacramento Truck Accident Attorney
A negligent truck driver's injury can mean pain and suffering, mounting medical bills, lost wages, and a long recuperation. We firmly believe no one should face financial loss when an accident is someone else's fault. Please call our experienced East Sacramento truck accident attorneys for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400.
See cases previously handled by our law firm on our Settlements and Verdicts page.