East Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyer
East Sacramento is located east of Midtown, so residents commonly take one of the surrounding highways to go to the airport or make it more convenient to get to other locations in the metropolitan area. All of us have traveled on roads where a big rig was tailgating or whizzed by at high speed. Many of us have had to drop back or distance ourselves from a trucker who was driving dangerously. However, sometimes, no matter how cautious we are as motorists, an accident happens.Causes of Accidents With Big Rigs
There are many reasons an accident can occur with a big rig that is either the driver’s or the company’s fault. To successfully drive a tractor-trailer or other big truck, the driver requires special skills, licensing, and experience. Some of the major reasons an accident happens are because:
- The driver is fatigued. Truck drivers are paid by the mile, so it is to their advantage to reach a destination quickly. The driver may also be pushed by their employer. The pressure and long hours on the road can lead to fatigue and cause an accident.
- Poor truck maintenance can cause an accident: Trucks are inspected daily by the driver; however, taking the time to perform needed maintenance means the vehicle will be out of commission. Lack of maintenance can be the fault of the driver, company owner, or mechanic who does a poor job.
- Distracted driving is caused by long hours on the road: Any driver knows that if you’re on the road for too long, your mind begins to wander, your eyes start feeling gritty, and you get sleepy. Truck drivers face these distractions also and do whatever they can to stay alert and awake. Unfortunately, this may include more distractions such as texting, fiddling with the radio, and other actions that can lead to a collision.
- Inexperienced drivers are a danger on the road: Because of a long-standing shortage of qualified drivers, a trucking company may hire someone who doesn’t have the needed experience. This can easily result in a traffic accident.
- Substance abuse is a real problem among truckers: Along with long hours on the road, boredom, and fatigue, some drivers resort to using legal or illegal substances to try and stay alert. While they may feel more awake, it can interfere with their ability to drive safely.
- Overloaded or poorly loaded cargo can cause a crash: If a truck is overloaded or poorly loaded, it can lead to a rollover or jackknife accident.
Big rigs are regulated by state and federal laws, so they are more complicated to investigate than an accident involving passenger vehicles. A seasoned truck accident lawyer from East Sacramento can help. The collection of evidence is necessary to support a client’s compensation claim.
Our investigators are experienced in doing this and begin by talking to witnesses and examining the police report for errors. They ensure that federal and state regulations were followed by the driver and company. Cameras are sought from local traffic cameras, businesses, or even witness cell phones. Accident reconstruction is performed, and the area is checked for negligence by the government entity in charge such as malfunctioning lights, weak guardrails, and potholes.An East Sacramento Truck Accident Attorney You Can Trust
When you meet Ed, the founder of AutoAccident.com, you’ll know instantly that this is someone you can trust. That is because Ed’s background taught him that saying what you mean is one of the most important things you can do. Not only that but when Ed gives you his word, you know it is reliable.
Ed will sit down with you and your family at the free case review and listen to your facts surrounding your accident and how you were injured. He will ask questions and encourage you to do the same. At the end of this first session, Ed will be able to give you the choices you have going forward. He will explain everything in detail, not just use legal jargon that you need to look up when you get home.
Make an appointment to meet with Ed, either in person or virtually, and learn about your accident from a legal point of view. There is no obligation to retain AutoAccident.com. Many people will tell you that if you do, you’ll be happy about that decision. However, it’s your call, and since your future is on the line, that’s exactly how it should be.
Take a moment and learn what happens at the initial, free case review presented by attorney Ed Smith.East Sacramento Truck Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an East Sacramento truck accident lawyer. Being injured by a negligent truck driver can mean pain and suffering, mounting medical bills, lost wages, and a long recuperation. I firmly believe that no one should have to face financial loss when an accident was someone else’s fault. Please call me for my free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 in the East Sacramento area or (800) 404-5400.
Cases previously handled by my firm and client reviews are below:
:cd cha [cs 1008]