East Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Because of this, accidents often have dire consequences, and fatalities are more frequent than those seen with drivers of passenger vehicles. Let’s look at the way a motorcycle rider or their family can obtain damages, the different types of motorcycle accidents, and the most common injuries that occur.An East Sacramento Motorcycle Law Firm That Has Your Back
At AutoAccident.com, we work with our clients to see them obtain the compensation they deserve. It is important for clients to always be in the loop, and Ed and his staff make certain of it. Negligence happens when someone fails to care about the safety of others. At our law firm, we believe that no one should have to pay financially for the mistakes and recklessness of others.Our Family Works to Help Yours
With this in mind, we fight for the justice that everyone deserves. From the free case review to each facet of the claim, our investigators and lawyers leave no stone unturned to find the reason our client was injured. This is just the first step in a complex process that ends with a successful case outcome. Call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 to get started. The longer you wait, the risk that evidence will be hidden or lost increases. Remember, you will pay nothing until your case is won.Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In 2018, 4,945 motorcyclists were killed on U.S. roads, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Although it was a decrease in deaths from the previous year caused by accidents, it still shows that motorcycle riders represent a higher percentage of fatalities compared to other groups.Injuries That Occur in a Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle riders commonly suffer serious injuries in an accident because of their lack of protection. This means they may need more extensive medical treatment, take longer to recover from their injuries, and their lives may be altered by the experience. In these cases, an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer from East Sacramento can help. Some of the more serious injuries are:
- Traumatic brain injuries can range from a concussion to open fracture, hemorrhage, and other trauma.
- Back injuries can result in trauma to muscles, ligaments, or cause a herniated disc or fractured vertebrae. These types of injuries can result in chronic pain, which can interfere with an individual’s lifestyle or ability to work.
- Spinal cord injuries can result in a loss of sensation, function, or mobility. The extent of the trauma depends on where the injury occurred.
- Chest injuries can cause fractured ribs, a punctured lung, or damage to the heart.
- Bone fractures can protrude from the skin and require surgical repair, especially if the damage is extensive.
In a motor vehicle accident, the passengers and driver inside are protected because they are surrounded by metal and have airbags and seat belts. A motorcyclist has none of this protection, which is the reason they often suffer serious injuries or become a traffic fatality. Some of the reasons a motorist can cause a collision with a rider include:
- Motorists are psychologically geared to spot other drivers on the roadway. They are less likely to spot a motorcycle rider, bicyclist, or pedestrian. This is the reason they often say, “I never saw the motorcyclist” following an accident.
- A driver turning left often causes an accident. In these cases, the driver believes they have enough time to turn and misjudge the distance and speed of the rider.
- Tailgating accidents cause severe injuries. When a driver stops short in front of a motorcyclist, the rider can be ejected, run over or crushed.
- Texting while driving causes motorcycle crashes. Drivers have enough trouble spotting a motorcyclist on the road. Texting interferes with their ability to process that information and takes their eyes from the roadway, which can lead to a crash.
- Speeding by a motorist increases the risk of fatalities in any type of collision. It is especially deadly when a more vulnerable road user is involved.
I have successfully handled motorcycle accident injury cases for many years to provide my clients with the compensation they deserve. We start out by sending our investigative team to the accident site to gather evidence. Some of their areas of investigation include:
- The police report is reviewed for inaccuracies, which could make it difficult to place a compensation claim.
- Witnesses are interviewed to understand what they saw. If their statements coincide with the client’s claim, they may be used as witnesses if the case goes to court.
- The medical records of the rider are examined by an expert. This can help determine compensation and where and how the rider was struck.
- Investigators look for signs of negligence by the motorist such as distracted driving, speeding, intoxication, and others.
- Traffic, road, and cell phone cameras are sought, which may have filmed the collision.
- The investigators look for signs of government negligence such as potholes, debris, or gravel in the roadway and overhanging foliage that might have led to or contributed to the accident. The government agency responsible for maintenance may be held legally liable for injuries.
After the evidence has been compiled by the investigators, our seasoned lawyers use it to build a case in support of our client’s claim for damages. This data can either be used in negotiations with the insurance provider or in court.East Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, an East Sacramento motorcycle accident attorney. When a negligent driver causes your motorcycle accident injury, you may want to place a claim for compensation to recover your medical expenses and other losses. Call for my free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. Long-distance callers can connect with me without charge at (800) 404-5400.
Information about a law firm can help someone seeking advice know whom to call. This is why I have included the links below:
:cd llo [cs 1,075]