East Sacramento Brain Injury Lawyer
Despite the push to come up with new diagnostic and treatment modalities for traumatic brain injuries, these still have the potential to irreparably impact a patient's life and the lives of their families. One of the best ways to treat traumatic brain injuries is to prevent them from happening in the first place. This means that people need to understand how these injuries happen.Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
A brain injury can occur during:
- Sports: Almost every contact sport has the possibility of leading to traumatic brain injuries. For example, players playing basketball and soccer could develop traumatic brain injuries if they collide with other players. Even sports with helmets, such as football and lacrosse, can cause neurological damage, such as concussions and brain contusions.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: If someone is involved in an auto accident, they can suffer various injuries. When a car stops short, such as being involved in a collision, the head of the driver or passengers could swing around and strike the window, steering wheel, or dashboard. This can cause the brain to collide with the side of the skull, leading to brain injuries such as contusions, bleeding, or tearing.
- Workplace Accidents: Workplace accidents can lead to serious injuries, particularly if they involve heavy equipment. It is important to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and used only with the right type of safety gear. Even people who work in an office can suffer a head or brain injury, particularly if they slip and fall, striking their head on the floor or a stair.
There are many different ways that someone could suffer neurological damage. When a patient has developed this type of injury, they need to be aware of the complicated issues that these injuries can create.Multiple Issues with Brain Injuries
When someone is facing a diagnosis of a traumatic brain injury, multiple, complicated medical issues crop up. Patients and their loved ones are often worried about tracking their symptoms and ensuring they are resolving. Common symptoms include memory loss, vision changes, and problems with executive functions. Multiple brain scans may be ordered and read to track the progression of the injury. This is important for selecting the right treatment for the patient's injury. While these are all important, numerous other issues must be addressed, including:
- Paperwork: The medical care of someone who has been involved in a serious accident can lead to a significant amount of paperwork. This can be difficult for families to deal with, and it can be helpful to have it completed by someone in the legal field.
- Insurance Claims: When insurance companies hesitate to award claims following traumatic accidents, an experienced attorney can help convince them otherwise. This can help families avoid stress and financial difficulty.
- Medical Costs: When a family member suffers a brain injury, it can be difficult to figure out how all of the medical costs will be paid for. This is where an experienced lawyer can come in and help families explore every option at their disposal.
These issues can create a significant amount of stress for the family and their loved ones, particularly those experiencing financial difficulty. In this situation, an experienced, compassionate East Sacramento brain injury attorney can help patients and their families be awarded compensation for trauma sustained due to someone else's careless actions. When this happens, the family can relax and focus on medical treatment and recovery. Please reach out to an East Sacramento brain injury lawyer for more information.Call an East Sacramento Brain Injury Attorney Today
If your family is dealing with a loved one’s TBI caused by someone else’s negligence, contact our East Sacramento brain injury lawyers to discuss your situation. Call today at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly legal advice on moving forward with a compensation claim.