Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
In this article:
- What Do You Consider as a Drunk Driving Accident?
- Who are Often Affected by Drunk Driving Accidents?
- Who is Liable for Drunk Driving Accidents?
- Other People Liable in Drunk Driving Accident Cases
"Driving under the influence" or "Driving while intoxicated," is the term for alcohol-related driving behavior. It is responsible for nearly a third of all traffic deaths in this country. Many of these drivers have driven drunk in the past.Who Are Often Affected By Drunk Driving Accidents?
Anyone who causes an auto accident while driving under the influence of alcohol is negligent. Unfortunately, this is of little comfort to someone who has sustained injuries or lost a loved one in an alcohol-related accident. The driver convicted of DUI is responsible to pay for all damages, but other involved parties may also be considered negligent or liable.Who is Liable for Drunk Driving Accidents?
Those who provided alcohol could also be liable for the accident. There are laws in many states that impose liability on establishments like bars, clubs, restaurants, or hotels that serve liquor improperly. In such cases, a business must exercise due care by not serving a customer who is obviously drunk.Other People Liable in Drunk Driving Accident Cases
- Those who provide alcohol to a driver or let the drunk driver use their car.
- In some states, the host may also be liable if he continues to allow a guest to consume any alcoholic beverage after the guest has displayed signs of being under the influence.
- For further information on statutes that govern people who provide alcohol to intoxicated individuals, including intoxicated minors see California Dram Shop Law.
To understand more about the effects of drinking and driving, watch this video from Inside Edition. It tells the story of a man who survived a car accident involving a driver under the influence of alcohol:Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
I'm Ed Smith, a Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer. Driving under the influence of alcohol can lead to unfortunate scenarios for all parties involved. Drunk driving accidents are unpredictable, so always prepare yourself just in case. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury as a result of a DUI/DWI accident in Sacramento, immediately call me at 916.921.6400 or 800-404-5400. You can also contact me online for free, friendly advice.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 4.15.20]