Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer
Drunk driving accidents can cause trauma, serious injuries, or wrongful death. If you or a family member has suffered an injury in a car accident involving an intoxicated driver, you would likely pursue the driver as liable for your damages. Find out how to approach this situation and how our skilled legal team at AutoAccident.com can help.Drunk Driving Accidents | What You Need to Know
In this article:
- What Is Considered a Drunk Driving Accident?
- Who is Affected by Drunk Driving Accidents?
- Who is Liable for Drunk Driving Accidents?
- Others Who Can Be Liable in Drunk Driving Accident Cases
Driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI) is the term for alcohol-related driving behavior. It is responsible for nearly a third of all traffic deaths in this country. Many of these drivers have driven drunk in the past.Who is Affected By Drunk Driving Accidents?
Anyone who causes an auto accident while driving under the influence of alcohol is negligent. Unfortunately, this is of little comfort to someone who has sustained injuries or lost a loved one in an alcohol-related accident. The driver convicted of DUI is responsible for paying for all damages, but other involved parties may also be considered negligent or liable.Who is Liable for Drunk Driving Accidents?
Those who provided alcohol could also be liable for the accident. In many states, laws impose liability on establishments like bars, clubs, restaurants, or hotels that serve liquor improperly. In such cases, a business must exercise due care by not serving an obviously drunk customer.Others Who Can Be Liable in Drunk Driving Accident Cases
- Those who provide alcohol to a driver or let the drunk driver use their car.
- In some states, the host may also be liable if he allows a guest to consume alcoholic beverages after displaying signs of being under the influence.
- For further information on statutes that govern people who provide alcohol to intoxicated individuals, including intoxicated minors, see California Dram Shop Law.
To understand more about the effects of drinking and driving, watch this video from Inside Edition. It tells the story of a man who survived a car accident involving a driver under the influence of alcohol:Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers in Sacramento, CA
Driving under the influence of alcohol can lead to unfortunate scenarios for all parties involved. If you or a loved one has suffered an injury resulting from a DUI/DWI accident in Sacramento, immediately call our experienced Sacramento Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers at 916.921.6400 or 800-404-5400 for free and friendly advice. You can also contact us online.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 7.14.21]