Denair Truck Accident Lawyer
To travel for any distance from Denair, a driver probably has to take one of the many highways that surround the area. Drivers commonly see them along State Routes 99 and 132 as elsewhere. However, the increase in truck traffic and added congestion amplifies the risk of colliding with these big commercial vehicles. If this happens and you are injured, you may be able to place a claim for compensation with the help of a Denair injury lawyer.The Legal Team at AutoAccident.com Can Help
Our team of injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com has assisted many people in Stanislaus County in obtaining fair compensation. We work hard to get the compensation you deserve because we believe it’s difficult enough to be injured by someone else’s negligence. You shouldn’t have to pay for your own hospital bills, lost wages, and endure your pain and suffering without compensation. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation with you to answer your questions, review your case and tell you what options are available to collect damages.Negligence That Can Cause a Truck Accident Injury
To collect injury compensation following an accident with a big rig or another commercial vehicle, it must be shown that negligence by the other party or company was the cause. Following are some of the common reasons these accidents occur:
- Improper loading: If a truck trailer is improperly loaded or overloaded, it can lead to a rollover accident, jackknife, or make the driver lose control. Improper loading can make the cargo in the trailer shift while overloading it can have disastrous results.
- Speeding: Speeding is dangerous in any vehicle but can be disastrous when a big rig driver does it. Unfortunately, in some instances, the driver is facing too tight a delivery schedule or gets stuck in traffic. This can cause the trucker to speed, but that increases the risk of a severe accident or override collision, often fatal to others.
- Distracted driving: Spending long hours on the road can be tiresome for anyone, and truckers are no exception. Changing a radio station, accessing GPS, texting, and talking on a cell phone while driving can cause a collision.
- Fatigued driving: Fatigue is a real problem with truck drivers. They are under state and federal regulations on how long they can be behind the wheel of their vehicle and have obligations to make deliveries on time. Unfortunately, a fatigued driver becomes a danger to others sharing the roadway and may not react quickly enough to prevent a collision.
- Using drugs to stay alert: Companies often check a new hire for drug abuse, but truckers often use amphetamines or other substances to remain cautious on the road longer. However, over-the-counter or illicit drug use can end up having the opposite effect.
- Company negligence: Trucking companies can be at fault for some accidents. Due to a prolonged truck driver shortage, owners may be tempted to hire someone who isn’t qualified to handle a big rig or has enough experience. In addition, some trucking companies push their drivers to make deliveries faster and bend the rules to do so. Maintenance of the vehicles can be an additional problem. Mechanical problems with the brakes, steering, engine, or others can cause a severe accident.
- Manufacturing problems: Defects in a big rig can lead to a severe collision. Bad brakes, tires, wiring, or accelerator pads can cause an accident. In these cases, the manufacturer of the defective part may be held responsible through an auto product liability lawsuit.
When your Denair truck accident attorney determines that the truck driver or company that employs them was negligent and caused your injuries, you may be able to obtain compensation for the following:
- Recovery of medical expenses: Any medical costs arising from your accident injury can be recovered. This includes the ambulance fee, hospitalization costs, including testing, surgeries, medications, and more, as well as rehabilitation expenses. Even your out-of-pocket expenses are recoverable such as the gas you use to go to the doctor.
- Lost wages: Because a collision with a big truck can result in serious injuries, the injured party is often off work for a long time while hospitalized and recuperating. When they lose that paycheck, it can cause enormous stress for the injured person and for their family. However, by filing a personal injury claim against the negligent truck driver or company, the injured party can recover their lost wages, any bonuses, insurance, pension and other perks of the job. If the injury is expected to continue into the future, those expenses are factored into the settlement.
- Recovery of damages for your pain and suffering: In addition to reimbursement for your physical pain, many people involved in a traumatic collision suffer emotional and psychological problems due to it. These can include sleepless nights or nightmares, anxiety, fear of riding in a vehicle and others. When the individual has to seek professional care for post-traumatic stress disorder, the cost can be recovered.
In the following video, Denair Truck Accident Lawyer Ed Smith discusses what injuries can occur in a collision with a big truck.Denair Truck Accident Lawyer
Injuries caused by a collision with a big rig can be severe, but you may be able to place a claim to recover the damages you deserve. Give our experienced Denair truck accident attorneys a call at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for our free and friendly advice. We will review your claim, answer your questions and tell you what options are available for you to collect damages. If you prefer, you can contact us online.
We are proud members of the following:
Having some information about a law firm can help you decide whom to call for advice when you need it. At the links that follow, you can find out how we’ve helped others, read client reviews and see cases we’ve handled:
:cd [1,012] cha