Denair Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Denair is one of several unincorporated areas in Stanislaus County, California. This census-designated place is located 15 miles southeast of Modesto and has a population of approximately 4,403. Compared to other towns and cities in Stanislaus County, Denair does not have a high rate of motor vehicle accidents. However, when you find yourself hurt in a crash in the Denair area caused by another driver, it is critical to know you can rely on for experienced and compassionate legal representation.
Our personal injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com know what it takes to recover fair compensation in accident cases we handle on behalf of our clients. If you would like to hire our attorneys to represent you, call (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly legal advice on how to start today.
Suffering injuries in a traffic accident are unexpected and stressful, to say the least. However, the devastating and lasting effects of a serious injury require justice. Our Denair, CA personal injury law firm can help hold the at-fault party and their insurance company financially accountable for your damages. This includes the costs of medical treatment, lost income, and the pain and suffering you have experienced. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary consultation and learn how our legal team can help guide you through this challenging situation.Types of Personal Injury Accident Cases Our Law Firm Handles
At AutoAccident.com, we have handled personal injury cases on behalf of those hurt by the negligence of others since 1982. Our legal team handles many types of negligence cases, including those caused by:
- Auto Products Liability
- Bike Accidents
- Car Collisions
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Farming Injuries
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Trucking Crashes
- Wrongful Death
Approximately 40 percent of all traffic accidents involve intersections. Those hurt in crashes at intersections include drivers and passengers of motor vehicles in addition to cyclists, motorcycle riders, and pedestrians. Some of the intersections in Denair, California, with the most injury-accidents, include:
- Kersey Road and Gratton Road
- Lester Road and Main Street
- Madera Avenue and Main Street
- Monte Vista Avenue and Quincy Road
- Quincy Road and Zeering Road
- San Joaquin Avenue and Main Street
- Santa Fe Avenue and Main Street
- Tuolumne Road and Lester Road
- Waring Road and Monte Vista Avenue
- Zeering Road and Gratton Road
California law requires all drivers to maintain active liability insurance policies. The minimum requirements are $15,000 per individual for bodily injury, $30,000 per traffic collision, and $5,000 for damage to property. Below are additional details on the liability insurance required in California:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Covers the personal injury damages suffered by other parties in a motor vehicle collision. Losses may include medical treatment and expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Pays for damages to the personal property of others, including replacement of a totaled car or repairs to a damaged vehicle. For cyclists and pedestrians, a property damage claim may also cover glasses, watches, clothing, bikes, and other personal belongings broken in an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage (UM/UIM): When the driver responsible for an auto accident does not have insurance or has insufficient coverage to pay for damages, UM/UIM may come into play to cover losses incurred. This type of insurance is not required in California but is beneficial to carry as the state has a rate of 15.2% uninsured drivers, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III). Another aspect of UM coverage is that it helps pay for damages caused by a hit and run accident. It may also extend to other members of a household who are hurt in a hit and run as a pedestrian or cyclist so long as they are not excluded from the insurance plan. For more information on accidents with uninsured drivers, watch the video below by the founder of our personal injury law firm, injury attorney Ed Smith.
In a car accident case, your Denair personal injury attorney will investigate and determine whether someone else’s negligence caused the traffic collision. The legal term, negligence, generally means that another party failed to act as a reasonable individual would under similar circumstances. The forms of negligence our Denair accident lawyers often discover in motor vehicle crashes include:
- Driver Negligence: Types of negligent behavior behind the wheel of a motor vehicle include distracted driving, tailgating or following too closely, speeding, failing to yield, running a red light or stop sign, or other acts that put others on the road at risk of catastrophic injury or death. If a driver engages in egregious conduct like excessive speeding or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI), a top-rated Denair auto accident attorney may seek punitive damages from the at-fault party through a personal injury lawsuit.
- Road Defects: These include potholes, foliage blocking traffic signs, defective guardrails, and malfunctioning traffic signals. Such road defects are the fault of the government agency in charge of maintaining the roadway in question. Keep in mind that claims against government entities are subject to a shorter statute of limitations. A notice of claim must be filed with the appropriate government entity within 180 days or six months, under the California Government Code Section 911.2.
- Faulty Vehicle Parts and Equipment: There are times when a motor vehicle accident is caused by an improperly manufactured or poorly designed vehicle. Under these circumstances, an auto products liability claim may be filed against the automaker for damages incurred. There have been many personal injury cases where faulty brakes, airbags, tires, and other car parts have caused auto crashes and resulting losses.
Most auto insurance carriers will assign an adjuster to handle the bodily injury claim and another to manage the property damage claim. It is essential to keep in mind that claims adjusters may request that you make a recorded statement. When this happens, politely decline, and refer them to your Denair personal injury attorney.
The Denair personal injury lawyer you hire for your case will conduct an independent investigation of the motor vehicle accident and file a claim against the at-fault party and their insurance company. Your accident attorney will handle all aspects of your case, including communications and negotiations, with the insurance adjuster assigned to your personal injury accident claim. Once your injury attorney sends a letter of representation to the insurance company, the claims adjuster usually does not attempt to contact you moving forward.Passenger Injury Claims in an Auto Accident
As a passenger hurt in a car wreck, you may be entitled to financial compensation for injuries you suffered due to another party’s negligence. Our Denair car accident lawyers will investigate the cause of the injury incident and determine whether it resulted from another driver’s carelessness or the negligent actions of the individual who was driving the vehicle you were riding in. The passenger injury claims process can be challenging as many factors must be identified and addressed. One of them is which party was responsible for the motor vehicle collision. The other is calculating the personal injury damages you deserve, based upon the amount of bodily injury liability coverage available for the injury incident.
At our law firm, our experienced injury attorneys can guide you through the claims process against the insurance company representing the at-fault party or your own. If the negotiations process is not successful with the insurance company within the two-year statute of limitations, our accident attorneys will file a personal injury lawsuit. This serves to protect your case from being dismissed by the court, as outlined in the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1.About Our Stanislaus County, CA Personal Injury Law Firm
The Denair, CA personal injury attorneys of AutoAccident.com, take a personal approach to every case we handle. That is why we are known as the “personal” personal injury law firm because we take the time to get to know each client we represent, their family, and their lifestyle. Our goal is to ensure that our clients receive the attention and care they deserve and providing their case with the expertise it requires.
Obtaining the full and fair compensation you deserve is vital to you as it is to our legal team. We want to make sure that you are not taken advantage of by insurance companies and defense attorneys in your time of loss and recovery. If you would like to learn more about working with our law firm, contact our Denair personal injury lawyers today to schedule a free consultation.
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.30.20]
:ds [cs 1479] cha