Del Paso Heights Auto Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Del Paso Heights is a neighborhood within Sacramento, California. The community's history began with the Rancho Del Paso land grant from Mexico in 1844. Today, Del Paso Heights is a diverse community of approximately 35,000 residents.
As a personal injury lawyer serving the Sacramento region, Del Paso Heights is one of the communities I serve. After I finished serving in the United States Air Force, I moved to Sacramento to attend college at UC Davis. I fell in love with the area and have proudly called it my home since opening my firm in 1982.
When an injury or death occurs because of a preventable accident, the victim or his or her survivors have the right to seek compensation for their damages through a personal injury or wrongful death claim. I handle a variety of serious personal injury cases in Del Paso Heights, such as the following:
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog or animal bite accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents caused by vehicle malfunction
- Head and brain injuries
- Wrongful death
There are a lot of personal injury law firms in Sacramento, which can make it difficult to determine which is the best firm for you. When you are searching for a personal injury lawyer, remember to choose one who has substantial experience practicing personal injury law, reviews from past clients on objective websites like Avvo and Yelp, and previous verdicts and settlements listed on his or her website. The Law Offices of Edward Smith was founded in 1982.
Our firm has been reviewed on Yelp, Avvo and Google Plus. Although client testimonials are one way for a firm to showcase its clients' experiences, they are not the only way to do this. Outside websites such as these provide unbiased, sometimes anonymous, reviews of law firms.
A firm's list of previous verdicts and settlements demonstrates two things: the types of case with which the firm has experience and the amounts for which these cases were settled. Each case is listed with a few details, such as the type of injury the victim suffered and relevant factors to the accident, to help you determine the firm's experience and whether your case is the type of case the firm handles.How to Select a Personal Injury Lawyer
The following video can help you prepare to speak with prospective personal injury lawyers.
To determine the right lawyer for you, keep the following in mind:
- Choose a lawyer who specializes in personal injury cases, rather than a jack-of-all-trades who merely dabbles in personal injury law;
- Your lawyer should feel comfortable speaking to you about his or her previous cases, both successful and unsuccessful. Rather than making excuses for unsuccessful cases in the past, he or she should be able to tell you what went wrong;
- Work with a lawyer who has trial experience. Although many personal injury cases are resolved outside of court, some do require the claimant to bring the case before a judge and jury; and
- You should always feel comfortable speaking with your lawyer about your case.
Choose an experienced personal injury lawyer based on the factors discussed above.More Information About Me
A few previous verdicts and settlements from The Law Offices of Edward Smith include:
- $2,880,984 for the victim of a motor vehicle accident who suffered severe spinal injuries and memory loss;
- $4,100,000 for the victim of a motor vehicle collision whose injuries severely impacted his ability to perform his job;
- $1,650,000 for an injury victim who was involved in a collision with a cow while driving his motorcycle. The injuries he suffered impacted his ability to perform his job.
Do you know a good chiropractor in or near Del Paso Heights?
Yes. This chiropractor has several good reviews on Yelp:
Holistic Health Associates
3829 Watt Ave
Sacramento, CA 95821
Do you know of an auto repair shop in Del Paso Heights?
Yes. The repair shop below has multiple good reviews on Yelp:
Xtreme Auto Care
901 Grand Ave
Sacramento, CA 95838
Phone number (916) 929-9813
Do you know the most dangerous intersections in Del Paso Heights?
Yes. In Del Paso Heights, two highways that see a high number of car accidents are Route 80 and Route 51. Many of the smaller roadways that intersect with these highways are considered to be dangerous intersections, such as the intersection of Route 80 and Northgate Blvd, Route 51 and Marconi Ave, and Route 80 and Dry Creek Rd.
I'm Ed Smith, a personal injury lawyer who proudly represents clients from Del Paso Heights and other areas of Sacramento. If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by another party's negligence, contact me at 916.921.6400 for free and friendly advice.