Del Paso Heights Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Del Paso Heights is a neighborhood within Sacramento, California. The community's history began with the Rancho Del Paso land grant from Mexico in 1844. Today, Del Paso Heights is a diverse community of approximately 35,000 residents.
When an injury or death occurs because of a preventable accident, the victim or his or her survivors have the right to seek compensation for their damages through a personal injury or wrongful death claim.We Only Handle Serious Injury Cases
We handle a variety of serious personal injury cases in Del Paso Heights, such as the following:
- Auto accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Dog or animal bite accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Accidents caused by vehicle malfunction
- Head and brain injuries
- Wrongful death
There are a lot of personal injury law firms in Sacramento, which can make it difficult to determine which is the best firm for you. When you are searching for a personal injury lawyer, remember to choose one who has substantial experience practicing personal injury law, reviews from past clients on objective websites like Avvo and Yelp, and previous verdicts and settlements listed on their website. The Law Offices of Edward Smith was founded in 1982.
Although client testimonials are one way for a firm to showcase its clients' experiences, they are not the only way to do this. Outside websites such as these provide unbiased, sometimes anonymous, reviews of law firms.
A firm's list of previous verdicts and settlements demonstrates two things: the types of cases with which the firm has experience and the amounts for which these cases were settled. Each case is listed with a few details, such as the type of injury the victim suffered and relevant factors to the accident, to help you determine the firm's experience and whether your case is the type of case the firm handles.How to Select a Personal Injury Lawyer
The following video can help you prepare to speak with prospective personal injury lawyers.
To determine the right lawyer for you, keep the following in mind:
- Choose a lawyer who specializes in personal injury cases, rather than a jack-of-all-trades who merely dabbles in personal injury law;
- Your lawyer should feel comfortable speaking to you about his or her previous cases, both successful and unsuccessful. Rather than making excuses for unsuccessful cases in the past, he or she should be able to tell you what went wrong;
- Work with a lawyer who has trial experience. Although many personal injury cases are resolved outside of court, some do require the claimant to bring the case before a judge and jury; and
- You should always feel comfortable speaking with your lawyer about your case.
Choose an experienced Del Paso personal injury lawyer based on the factors discussed above.More About Our Law Firm
A few previous verdicts and settlements from The Edward A Smith Law Offices include:
- $2,880,984 for the victim of a motor vehicle accident who suffered severe spinal injuries and memory loss;
- $4,100,000 for the victim of a motor vehicle collision whose injuries severely impacted his ability to perform his job;
- $1,650,000 for an injury victim who was involved in a collision with a cow while driving his motorcycle. The injuries he suffered impacted his ability to perform his job.
I'm Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer who proudly represents clients from Del Paso Heights and other areas of Sacramento. If you or somebody you love has been injured in an accident caused by another party's negligence, contact our injury lawyers at 916.921.6400 or 800.404.5400 for free and friendly advice.
Feel free to see our past cases on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
Photo by Daniel Frank from Pexels
Editor's Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy. [cha 1.28.21]