Crescent City Truck Accident Lawyer
As the only incorporated city and the county seat of Del Norte County, Crescent City sees a fair amount of traffic. US Highway 101 is a major thoroughfare for residents and visitors.
With so many vehicles on the road, it takes just one negligent truck driver to cause an accident. Because semi-trucks weigh at least 20 times more than passenger cars, injuries sustained in these types of accidents can significantly amplify the consequences of an accident.
If you or a family member were hurt in an accident involving a large commercial truck, consulting with an experienced injury attorney is vital. Call our Crescent City truck accident lawyers at (707) 564-1900 for a free case evaluation.Truck Injury Accidents in Crescent City, CA
- On September 1, 2021, two people were hospitalized after their logging truck overturned on Highway 101 South of Crescent City. The CHP reported the truck overturned and spilled logs into the roadway while navigating a turn near Cushing Creek. The driver suffered minor injuries, while his passenger sustained major non-life-threatening injuries.
- On November 16, 2020, one person suffered severe injuries in a fiery crash when the delivery truck he was driving traveled off-road and hit an electrical pole head-on. The accident occurred on Elk Valley Road near the Church Tree Road intersection.
- On February 16, 2017, a CHP officer for the Crescent City area was traveling near Highway 101 and Ehlers Avenue when he was broadsided by a semi-truck. The officer was pinned in his patrol car and needed extrication, and he suffered severe injuries.
Data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) shows many truck accidents occur due to driver error. Other causes of truck crashes include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Equipment failure
- Failure to adjust speed to road or weather conditions
- Failure to enforce drivers to take a break
- Failure to maintain trucks
- Failure to properly train drivers
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Speeding and reckless driving
Multiple parties may be liable for your injuries in a truck crash, including:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The owner of the truck
- The company leasing the truck or trailer
- The shipper who wanted the load transported
- The manufacturer of the truck
Injuries suffered in a truck collision can be severe and include the following:
- Traumatic brain trauma
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken bones
At AutoAccident.com, our Crescent City truck accident lawyers are highly familiar with insurance companies' different tactics to reduce the settlement amount you deserve. After an accident, the truck company's insurance will immediately investigate the scene. They may take photos of the accident site, get witness statements, and examine all vehicles involved to determine the damages caused by the collision.
Once you have retained the service of our experienced truck accident attorneys in Crescent City, we will go right to work to examine every aspect of your case. Our legal team will do our own investigation to determine the extent of the damage caused by the crash, including the following:
- Analyze and review medical records
- Consult witness experts to reconstruct the accident scene
- Help ensure critical evidence is preserved
- Interview witnesses
- Obtain alcohol and drug testing from the truck driver
- Obtain data from the truck's black box
- Review camera footage, if available
- Review mandatory police and accident reports
Our lawyers will also protect any crucial evidence from being lost or destroyed by sending a spoliation letter to the trucking company. The letter legally enforces truck companies to retain evidence relevant to the case, such as black box data or driver logs.
Watch the YouTube video below to learn how soon you should contact an injury lawyer for your trucking accident case.Truck Accident Lawyers in Crescent City, CA
Accidents due to someone else's negligence can be emotionally, physically, and financially devastating. Compensation for these damages can help you get your life back on track. Contact our experienced Crescent City truck accident lawyers today for free and friendly advice. We will be happy to answer any questions about your trucking accident.
Call our law firm at (707) 564-1900 or (800) 404-5400, or fill out our case evaluation form online to see if our legal team can assist you with your truck accident case. The consultation is always free, and you pay no upfront lawyer fees unless your case reaches a favorable resolution.