Corning Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Locating a Corning personal injury attorney who can really help you with your personal injury case can be intimidating and confusing. But it doesn't have to be. We found, for example, that Corning lists a few personal injury law firms in google places. However, these law firms do not list even one Google review. Many of these law firms do not have a verdicts and settlements page.
Folks, customers really want to see what others in the community have to say about working with a particular law firm. The same is true about verdicts and settlements. A potential customer wants to look at a firm's past verdicts and settlements page to see the track record of this law firm. Realistically, folks, any law firm that does not list past verdicts and settlements doesn't have a proven track record. Many times it is because they are handling other areas of the law as well. This includes employment and family law. There is an old saying jack-of-all-trades and master of none.We Handle Only Personal Injury Cases
The Edward A Smith Law Offices focuses on one area of law. We work exclusively on personal injury cases and have done so since 1982. We work hard to obtain compensation for the injuries you have suffered so that you and your family can focus on the process of recovery. Your serious injuries are usually due to the negligence of someone else and may have involved one of the following types of collisions:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Accidents, like those listed above, have occurred at the following intersections in Corning:
- Solano Street and 1st Street
- Marguerite Avenue & Neva Avenue
- Solano Street and Del Norte Avenue
- Yolo Street and 6th Avenue
- Fig Lane and Fig Street
If you have suffered soft tissue or other minor injuries we may be able to provide you a referral. Where we can really be of maximum service is helping clients with serious injuries such as fractured bones, head, and brain injuries and/or injuries requiring surgery and rehabilitation.Why is your office in Sacramento?
We have had the same office in Sacramento since 1992. We have built long-term relationships here and have a stable presence in this community. The reason we limit our personal injury practice in Corning to serious bodily injury and/or death cases is that we know there is a need for this in Tehama County. We have the experience and resources to stand up to insurance companies.
Not all personal injury attorneys are the same. Some attorneys enter into settlement negotiations and accept only what the insurance company offers. I am an experienced litigator and is not afraid to stand up to the insurance companies. I will pursue fair compensation for your serious injuries. You may review our client reviews on our website and on independent social sites such as Google, Yelp and Avvo. We are transparent in that we show you our past verdicts and settlements page. We let our proven track record speak for itself. Make sure that the personal injury lawyer you are working with is prepared to take your case to trial if need be.How to Select a Top-Rated Corning Personal Injury Lawyer
- See how they are rated by www.Avvo.com. This is where other lawyers familiar with their record and experience evaluate them. A competent personal injury lawyer should have a minimum rating of 9.0 or above on Avvo. You can find our Avvo rating here.
- How do past clients rate their firm on Yelp or Google? Are past clients happy with their work? See our Yelp rating here and our Google rating here.
- Have they written extensively in the personal injury field? I've written several books on personal injury law including The Ultimate California Auto Accident Handbook and The California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. These books are available on Amazon, but you can get one free by emailing and requesting a copy: email@example.com.
- What kind of track record do they have? Our verdicts and settlements are listed here.
- Are they members of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum? This is an association of personal injury attorneys with multiple million-dollar verdicts and settlements. View my membership in Million Dollar Advocates Forum here.
- Ask if the attorney handles personal injury cases exclusively. This is not an area for amateurs. If the attorney you are seeking in a serious injury case also does divorces, criminal law matters and traffic tickets, think hard before you retain them.
- Is the Corning auto accident attorney personable and easy to talk to? He or she should be, because in a severe case you may be dealing with this person for years.
The following video provides more information on how to choose a personal injury lawyer.Preparing Your Case For Trial
I have the financial resources necessary to take cases to trial. When an insurance company fails to make a fair offer, they may be surprised to find out we won't back down. Other Corning auto accident attorneys may be bullied into taking smaller settlements because they do not have the financial resources or time that a trial requires.
We believe you and your family deserve the best possible outcome for the serious injuries you have had to bravely face. We've learned that the more we know about your injuries and how they impact your life and the lives of your family, the better we can present your case to a jury and obtain a fair award."Personal" Personal Injury Lawyer
We call ourselves the "personal" personal injury lawyers. Because we do all we can to really get to know our injured clients and their families. Every single thing that happens to one family member in a serious accident has a rippling effect on the other members of the family. By getting to know all family members, we can articulate and show insurance companies and/or jurors how a severe injury has impacted the lives of you and your family. Experience has shown us that having this in-depth knowledge of our clients, helps tremendously with the insurer and jury paying a fair and just award.Corning Personal Injury Lawyer
Image by Hans on Pixabay
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 8.14.20]