Corning Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Motorcycle riders in Corning love the freedom of the open road and use their bikes to go to work and to enjoy the outdoors, especially since California offers some of the most beautiful areas in the country. There are plenty of twisting, turning roads in Northern California to make any motorcyclist happy. Riding safely can reduce the risk of an accident, but a negligent driver can ruin your ride and lead to serious injuries. If you are involved in such an accident, you will need the assistance of a Corning motorcycle accident lawyer to get the compensation you deserve.How Can I Get Fair Compensation After a Motorcycle Accident?
As Corning motorcycle accident attorneys, we've helped many clients recover fair compensation following injuries sustained in motorcycle accidents or the loss of a loved one due to wrongful death. Call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for a free no-obligation consultation where we can review your case, discuss your options for obtaining compensation and answer your questions. We are here to help.Are Fatalities in Motorcycle Accidents Common?
Accidents involving motorcycles can involve rider error. In 2019, 5,014 riders died in traffic collisions, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. However, many of these motorcycle accidents are caused by negligent drivers or by other factors.Vehicle-Related Motorcycle Accidents: What Are the Leading Causes?
- Speeding: A speeding motorist may not be able to stop in time to avoid a collision with a motorcycle, especially if the motorist is coming up behind it. When a motorcycle collides with a car, the rider can be thrown from the bike, which can cause serious injuries.
- Motorists making a left turn: The largest number of motorcycle accidents occur as a result of a passenger vehicle or light truck making a left turn in front of the rider. Motorcyclists are killed or seriously injured when drivers attempt to beat them across the roadway or underestimate their speed and distance. These accidents happen also when a motorcyclist turns left, and the driver is not paying attention to the turn signal.
- Accidents involving lane splitting: Motorcyclists in California can split lanes if the traffic is moving at speeds slower than 30 mph. However, motorists who are not aware that a motorcycle is approaching may forget to signal or attempt changing lanes before checking that the way is clear, resulting in an accident.
- Distracted driving: Texting, fiddling with GPS units, or changing radio stations while driving can cause a severe crash with a motorcycle if the driver isn't paying attention to surrounding traffic.
In some motorcycle accidents, the mechanic who worked on the bike does a sloppy job or makes a mistake. When this happens, the mechanic or employer can be held liable for accident injuries.
In other accidents, defects in tires, brakes or engines can result in riders losing control of their motorcycles and crashing. This can be determined by inspecting the bike, and the manufacturer can be sued for compensation for the damages caused by the defect by placing a product liability claim with the help of an injury lawyer.What if Hazardous Road Conditions Caused My Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycles do not offer the stability that motor vehicles do, which makes them more likely to crash. Poorly maintained roadways can result in a motorcyclist going into a skid or being ejected if they contain potholes, uneven pavement, debris and other variables. To recover damages for injuries suffered by riders, the government entity responsible for maintenance can be sued.
However, the statute of limitations for filing against a government entity is short. The injured rider has six months to file initially against the government entity. That entity, in turn, has 45 days to respond. If they deny the claim, the injured rider has another six months to file their lawsuit. If no answer at all is received, they have up to two years to sue. A Corning motorcycle accident attorney can help by negotiating for you with the government entity and ensuring that the paperwork is correct and filed on time.What Injuries Usually Occur in a Motorcycle Accident?
Motorcycle accidents are often the cause of serious injuries. In an accident, the rider is left without protection and can end up falling off the bike or having the bike fall on them. Motorcycle riders are prone to a number of serious injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries: A motorcycle rider's traumatic brain injury is one of the most serious traumas he can receive during an accident. Traumatic brain injuries can cause permanent cognitive damage that can affect a person for the rest of his or her life. The reason why wearing an approved helmet is so important is that it can lower the risk of a traumatic brain injury significantly. In any case, a helmet should be replaced if it is old or if it has been in a previous accident.
- Motorcycle riders get bikers' arms when they land on their upper extremities after being in a motorcycle accident. Symptoms of the condition include numbness, pain and weakness due to permanent nerve damage. It can lead to disability if the injured party is unable to work because of this debilitating condition.
- Numerous bone fractures can occur in motorcycle accidents. When major breaks occur, such as those to the spine, hips, pelvis, wrists or hands, there are potentially serious consequences. Recovering from such injuries may take a long time and require multiple surgeries.
- Unless the trauma is severe, road rash heals by itself. In spite of this, it's still a good idea to see a doctor due to the risk of infection and the possibility of dirt and gravel embedding in the wound.
- Injuries that result in scarring or disfigurement include falls from a motorcycle or collisions with motor vehicles.
It is in the interest of insurance companies to make a profit, so they will offer a low settlement figure in hopes of it being accepted by an injured rider. If the injured rider signs off on a claim, he or she cannot seek further compensation. Also, the insurance company will seek to avoid liability by pointing the finger at the rider.
It is possible to avoid these problems by working with a Corning motorcycle accident lawyer who has handled many claims successfully. As we investigate, we gather the evidence to prove that the fault was on the part of the driver of the motor vehicle. As a result, we help injured riders get the compensation they deserve. With the confidence that their losses and medical bills will be covered, their energy can be devoted to healing.
In the video that follows, attorney Ed Smith discusses what a family can do if they permanently lose their income because of a motorcycle accident injury:Corning Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I'm Ed Smith, a Corning motorcycle accident attorney. When you have been seriously injured in a motorcycle collision, having the right accident lawyer handling your case could make all the difference. At AutoAccident.com, our legal team has the skills, resources and tenacity your case requires for a successful conclusion. We have a proven track record of winning cases, as you can see by visiting our verdicts and settlements page. Get started by calling (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 to speak with one of our free and friendly attorneys about your case. Feel free to contact us online as well.
:cd llo [1,278] bw