Corning, California -
Welcome. I'm Ed Smith, a Corning, California Auto Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer, and founder of www.AutoAccident.com, the most comprehensive accident and personal injury information website. The City of Corning, in Tehama County, California is located right off Interstate 5. Corning is about 110 miles north of my law office in Sacramento. Corning is nestled in a fruitful canyon of Northern California. My staff and I enjoy the olives, plums, peaches, and almonds grown in the warm Mediterranean-style climate.
How to select a top rated personal injury lawyer:
1. See how they are rated by www.Avvo.com. This is where other lawyers familiar with their record and experience evaluate them. A competent personal injury lawyer should have a minimum rating of 9.0 or above on Avvo. You can find our Avvo rating here.
3. Have they written extensively in the personal injury field? I've written several books on personal injury law including The Ultimate California Auto Accident Handbook and The California Motorcycle Accident Handbook. I'm currently working on another book tentatively called Personal Injury Picasso: How Attorney's Evaluate & Value Personal Injury Cases. These books are available on Amazon, but you can get one free by emailing and requesting a copy: email@example.com.
4. What kind of track record do they have? Our verdicts and settlements are listed here.
5. Are they members of The Million Dollar Advocates Forum? This is an association of personal injury attorneys with multiple million dollar verdicts and settlements. View my membership in Million Dollar Advocates Forum here.
6. Ask if the attorney handles personal injury cases exclusively. This is not an area for amateurs . If the attorney you are seeking in a serious injury case also does divorces, criminal law matters and traffic tickets, think hard before you retain them.
7. Is the attorney personable and east to talk to? He or she should be, because in a serious case you may be dealing with this person for years.
Corning, CA Auto Accident and Personal Injury Attorney
Locating an attorney Corning, California who can really help you with your personal injury case can be intimidating and confusing. But it it doesn't have to be. We found, for example, that Corning, California lists a few personal injury law firms in google places. However, these law firm do not list even one Google review. Many of these the law firms do not have a verdicts and settlements page. Folks, customers really want to see what others in the community have to say about working with a particular law firm. The same is true about verdicts and settlements. A potential customer wants to look at a firm's past verdicts and settlements page to see the track record of this law firm. Realistically, folks, any law firm that does not list past verdicts and settlements doesn't have a proven track record. Many times it is because they are handling other areas of the law as well. This includes employment and family law. There is an old saying jack-of-all-trades and master of none.
The Edward A Smith Law Offices specializes is one area of law. We work exclusively on personal injury cases and have done so since 1982. We work hard to obtain compensation for the injuries you have suffered so that you and your family can focus on the process of recovery. Your serious injuries are usually due to the negligence of someone else and may have involved one of the following types of collisions:
- Auto Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Accidents, like those listed above, have occurred at the following intersections in Corning:
- Solano Street and 1st Street
- Marguerite Avenue & Neva Avenue
- Solano Street and Del Norte Avenue
- Yolo Street and 6th Avenue
- Fig Lane and Fig Street
What About Soft Tissue or Other Minor Injury Accidents?
If you have suffered soft tissue or other minor injuries we may be able to provide you a referral. Where we can really be of maximum service is helping clients with serious injuries such as fractured bones, head and brain injuries and/or injuries requiring surgery and rehabilitation.
Why is your office in Sacramento?
We have had the same office in Sacramento since 1993. We have built long-term relationships here and have a stable presence in this community. The reason we limit our personal injury practice in Corning, California to serious bodily injury and/or death cases is because we know there is a need for this in Tehama County. We have the experience and resources to stand up to insurance companies. Not all personal injury attorneys are the same. Some attorneys enter into settlement negotiations and accept only what the insurance company offers. Ed Smith is an experienced litigator and is not afraid to stand up to the insurance companies. He will pursue fair compensation for your serious injuries. You may review our client reviews on our website and on independent social sites such as Google, Yelp and Avvo. We are transparent in that we show you our past verdicts and settlements page. We let our proven track record speak for itself. Make sure that the personal injury lawyer you are working with is prepared to take your case to trial if need be.
Preparing Your Case For Trial
Ed Smith has the financial resources necessary to take cases to trial. When an insurance company fails to make a fair offer, they may be surprised to find out we won't back down. Other attorneys in the area may be bullied into taking smaller settlements because they do not have the financial resources or time that a trial requires.
We believe you and your family deserve the best possible outcome for the serious injuries you have had to bravely face. We've learned that the more we know about your injuries and how they impact your life and the lives of your family, the better we can present your case to a jury and obtain a fair award. We call ourselves the "personal" personal injury lawyers. Because we do all we can to really get to know our injured clients and their families. Every single thing that happens to one family member in a serious accident has a rippling effect on the other members of the family. By getting to know all family members, we can articulate and show insurance companies and/or jurors how a serious injury has impacted the lives of you and your family. Experience has shown us that having this in-depth knowledge of our clients, helps tremendously with the insurer and jury paying a fair and just award.
We're so sure that you'll want our office to represent you that we'll make you this offer. Call us today at (530) 392-9400 locally and let's see if it's a case we can help you with.
If it is, we'll ask you to come visit us, put you up overnight in a motel before you drive back, and even buy your breakfast.
We will never pressure you to sign up with us.
If we do think it's a case we can help you on, and you feel comfortable with us, we'll take the case on a contingency basis. That means we don't get paid unless we get money for you on the case.
If, for any reason, in the first 30 days after signing, you are not satisfied with our services, you can walk away and owe us nothing.
That's how sure we are that you'll want us to work together.
If you need a personal injury attorney in Corning, California, don't delay.
Call Ed today at (530) 392-9400 locally for free, friendly advice.
Exclusively handling personal injury and wrongful death cases since 1982.