Concord Brain Injury Lawyer
No one in Concord likes to think about a brain injury accident, but they happen more often than you might imagine. According to the National Institutes of Health, most traumatic brain injuries (TBI) result from falls, traffic collisions, being struck by an object, participating in sports, or an assault. When this happens and negligence is involved, an injury lawyer can help you get compensation to cover the medical bills, future expenses if needed and recover damages for your lost wages and pain and suffering. In the following, we will discuss the two top causes of a TBI and how you can get financial help.Seeking Advice From an Injury Lawyer
Having to deal with a family member who has suffered a brain injury can be difficult and highly costly. After all, someone who has suffered a serious TBI often requires continuing medical care, cannot care for themselves in extreme cases, and require around-the-clock nursing. Trying to go it alone with the insurance company can be difficult because they are in business to make a profit, so they will try to pay the minimum. A Concord brain injury lawyer can help you obtain fair compensation.
The injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com have successfully handled many claims of this type and offer a free, no-obligation consultation either virtually or in person. During your consultation, we can answer your questions, review your case and tell you about options to recover damages. Call (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 today to schedule yours.
In the video that follows, Concord brain injury lawyer Ed Smith discusses things to look for when choosing a personal injury lawyer:Recovering Compensation Following a TBI
An injury lawyer can investigate, build a case against the at-fault party, compile the present and future damages and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf. If the insurance company refuses to pay what is needed to care for your family member, the case can be taken to civil court. If we take your case, remember that you owe nothing until your claim has been won. The following may be recovered:
- All of the medical expenses caused by the accident are included in the settlement. From the ambulance and hospitalization costs to testing, surgeries, physicians’ bills, prescription medicines and rehabilitation, it is all factored in. If the injury is expected to continue into the future, those costs are included also.
- Wages lost by the person who suffered the TBI can be recovered. If the injury is expected to continue into the future or the individual becomes permanently disabled, the amount of those lost wages is factored into the settlement until the age of retirement.
- Loss of consortium can be claimed by the spouse as well as love and affection.
- Pain and suffering can include physical trauma but also the emotional and psychological aspects following a traffic accident. In many instances, someone who is injured or just involved in a motor vehicle accident suffers many symptoms, including sleeplessness or nightmares, flashbacks of the collision, anxiety and others. Those who cannot cope or recover from those symptoms may develop post-traumatic stress disorder and require professional treatment. The cost of the treatment for these problems can be recovered.
Slips and falls can occur anywhere in Concord from a spill on the floor inside a building to a nursing home or assisted living negligence, tripping over a poorly maintained sidewalk or falling down a flight of stairs. Treatment for a TBI caused by a slip and fall depends on the extent of injury, and a younger person will fare better than someone who is elderly. In some cases, a store may be liable for injuries. In others, a government entity, private homeowner or another person may be responsible. Part of the job of a skilled Concord brain injury attorney is to determine who is responsible for your accident, collect the evidence needed to support your claim for compensation and carry it through so the injured party can obtain the damages they deserve.Traffic Accidents Contribute to Many TBIs Every Year
As the second-highest cause of a TBI, traffic accidents cause many brain injuries and a high number of fatalities each year. Negligence is often the cause of a car accident injury and happens for the reasons that follow:
- The driver was speeding, which led to the Concord accident. Because a speeding driver has problems retaining control of their vehicle and requires a longer distance to stop if an emergency arises, this is a common cause of an injury.
- Distracted driving is quickly becoming a major cause for an accident. Drivers who are texting, eating and drinking while driving, talking on their cell phones or other activities are not focusing on the roadway. When an auto accident resulting in a TBI occurs, an experienced brain injury attorney in Concord can determine what caused that collision, so the client can recover the compensation they deserve.
- Drunk drivers continue to contribute to many accidents that can cause a TBI and other serious injuries.
- Reckless driving can include speeding but also other forms of negligence such as tailgating, running a red light, failure to yield and others.
- Fatigued driving occurs when a driver is working swing shifts, has multiple jobs or just stays up late the night before. A driver who is too fatigued to be behind the wheel of a car can be compared to someone who is inebriated in their lack of ability to safely drive. In addition, the fatigued driver may doze off and cross accidentally into the next lane or cause a rear-end collision.
By investigating a traffic accident involving motorists, pedestrians, motorcyclists or bicycle riders, the cause of the injury collision can be determined. By collecting the evidence that caused the head injury, the injured party can obtain compensation. Areas, where evidence can be collected, include:
- Witnesses of the collision are interviewed to get their statements on how the crash occurred. In some instances, a witness may have captured the accident as it happened on their cell phone.
- Accident reconstruction is performed, which often indicates who was at fault.
- The police report is reviewed for inaccuracies.
- Traffic surveillance cameras in the area are checked to see if the accident was captured on tape.
Our brain injury lawyers use the evidence to compile it into a case that supports our client’s claim for compensation.Brain Injury Lawyers in Concord, CA
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Concord brain injury lawyer. When you are faced with staggering debt and difficulties because your loved one suffered a serious brain injury, we have free and friendly advice to offer you. Call us for our compassionate help at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400. An online form to contact us is available also.
We are honored to be California members of:
Additional information about how we have helped others, including those who have suffered a TBI, can be found at the following links:
:cd  bw