Concord Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Concord, CA, warmly welcomes cycling enthusiasts, offering picturesque routes, a delightful climate, and a well-maintained bike infrastructure. The city takes pride in its vast network of bike lanes and trails that accommodate cyclists of all abilities, ensuring a secure and enjoyable experience for recreational and commuter riders. Scenic trails like the Iron Horse Regional Trail and Contra Costa Canal Trail invite cyclists to appreciate the region's natural beauty while promoting an environmentally friendly and healthy lifestyle. Concord is dedicated to nurturing a thriving and sustainable bicycling community, actively supporting cycling initiatives, events, and safety programs.
Unfortunately, accidents can happen, and the last thing cyclists expect is to be injured due to someone else's negligence. When a careless car or truck driver is involved, Concord bicycle riders may sustain injuries or become part of the tragic fatality statistics. In such cases, a bicycle accident attorney can assist them in securing compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages due to an inability to work, and the pain and suffering they have experienced.
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in Concord, our compassionate injury lawyers are here to help. Contact us at (925) 428-5220 for a free, no-obligation consultation.How a Concord Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Suffering severe injuries in a bicycle accident can be an incredibly distressing and overwhelming experience. Our compassionate Concord bicycle accident lawyers are here to help you secure the compensation you deserve, especially when faced with mounting medical bills and additional expenses.
Navigating the complexities of a bicycle accident involving another vehicle can be challenging, as the driver and their insurance company may attempt to evade responsibility. Furthermore, a third party, such as an employer or government entity, could be liable under certain circumstances.
At AutoAccident.com, our dedicated injury lawyers have assisted clients since 1982, skillfully handling numerous bicycle accident claims. We have the expertise and perseverance needed to bring your case to a successful resolution.Bicycle Accident Statistics in California
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) and data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- In 2018, California reported 155 bicyclist fatalities, which accounted for approximately 4.3% of total traffic fatalities in the state. This made California the state with the highest number of bicyclist deaths in the United States.
- California consistently ranked among the top states with the highest bicycle accidents, injuries, and fatalities.
- In 2017, California witnessed 11,148 bicycle accidents involving injuries or fatalities.
- Major contributing factors to bicycle accidents included driver or cyclist inattention, failure to yield, improper turning, speeding, and cycling under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Bicycle accidents were more likely to occur in urban areas, with a higher concentration in densely populated cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego.
When a negligent driver causes your bicycle accident injury, you may face high medical costs, inability to work, and pain and suffering. Those injured due to another's negligence may recover the following with the help of a bicycle accident lawyer.
- Medical costs, including hospitalization and associated expenses, are recoverable. If the injury continues, those costs are factored into the settlement.
- Wages lost, including tips, bonuses, and other monies, can be recovered.
- Those losses are figured in if the injured party is permanently disabled and cannot return to work.
- Recovery of damages for your pain and suffering, including emotional distress and loss of consortium, are recoverable.
- Although rarely applied, if the injury accident was intentional or egregious, the injured party or family may ask for punitive damages in the case of a fatality.
Drivers of motor vehicles often say they never saw the bicycle rider following a collision with one. However, the motorist has the duty of care to watch for bicycle riders to ensure their safety on the road. When a driver is negligent, they may be responsible for the bicycle rider's injuries or face a wrongful death claim if the bicyclist dies in the crash. Although there are several ways in which driver negligence leads to a bicycle accident, the following are the most common:
- A motorist is making a left turn and strikes a bicycle rider. Because the driver is concentrating on making a left turn and potentially looking for other vehicles in their path, they don't always check to see if a bicycle rider is passing through the crosswalk. However, the driver is responsible for ensuring they know where everyone in the intersection and crosswalk is before making a left turn.
- A vehicle exits a side street or parking lot and hits someone on a bicycle. This common type of accident happens when the driver is haphazard about checking their rear-view and side mirrors before backing.
- When a motorist makes a right turn at an intersection is another common type of accident involving a bicycle rider. Because the driver is looking left to spot oncoming traffic or trying to see around other vehicles at an intersection, they may forget to check the right where a bicyclist is in the middle of the crosswalk.
- Rear-end accidents involving a bicycle rider are one of the most severe types of collisions. The rider is often ejected from their bicycle, which can cause serious injuries. Drivers who strike a bike from behind are often distracted, drunk driving, or fatigued.
- Drivers who are parallel parked cause injury accidents to a bicycle riders. Dooring accidents occur when the driver or a passenger opens their door on the street side without looking, which can cause the bicyclist to suffer broken bones or severe head trauma.
- Disregarding the California three-foot law leads to injury accidents involving bicycle riders. In addition, drivers who move into the bicycle lane to make a right turn without checking for a rider cause serious collisions.
When a personal injury claim is made, an investigation has to be held to collect the evidence needed to support the case. Among our areas of inquiry are the following:
- Conducting accident reconstruction is used by insurance companies and courts to explain how collisions occur and how the vehicle and bicycle rider was positioned.
- Investigators examine the police report for errors and speak to witnesses for corroborating statements.
- There is a good chance that cameras around businesses and traffic have recorded the accident, so those are examined.
- A driver's attempts to stop can also be determined based on clues on the road, such as skid marks or lack thereof. If there are no tread marks, it could be a sign of a distracted driver, someone driving drunk or speeding, etc.
After our injury lawyers collect the evidence, they construct a compelling case for compensation on our client's behalf. This evidence is valuable when presenting your case in court or negotiating with the insurance company.
Watch the following video to learn more about AutoAccident.com and how our injury lawyers can help you with your bicycle accident case.Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Concord, CA
If you have suffered injuries in a bicycle accident caused by a negligent motorist, our compassionate and experienced Concord bicycle accident lawyers are here to help. We offer free, friendly advice tailored to your unique situation, ensuring you feel supported during this challenging time.
You can contact us at (925) 428-5220 or (800) 404-5400 to discuss your case and explore your legal options. Our dedicated team is committed to fighting for your rights and securing the compensation you deserve while you focus on your recovery and well-being.
See our previous cases on our Settlements and Verdicts page.