Clearlake Car Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
Clearlake, California is an amazing place that sits on the edge of California’s largest natural freshwater lake. The lake itself spans 68 square miles and may just be the oldest lake in North America.
Clearlake was ranked the number one best bass lake on the West Coast and took the number three spot for best bass lake in the country in Bassmaster Magazine’s top 100 rankings in 2016. Who doesn’t love spending time in a place where fishing for bass, crappie, and bluegill, and enjoying watersports on an incredibly expansive and crystal blue lake is a way of life?
My name is Ed Smith. I’m the founder of the AutoAccident.com website, the most comprehensive accident and personal injury website on the internet. I also legally represent people who have been seriously injured in accidents.
I empathize with those who are suffering from physical pain and emotional trauma brought on by a catastrophic event because I have been through several injuries and traumas of my own. I understand the agony, the angst, and the financial pressure that comes with being injured in a serious accident. I also understand the overwhelming grief that comes with losing a loved one to wrongful death.Why Would Clearlake Clients go to Sacramento for a Lawyer?
People often ask why seriously injured individuals come all the way to Sacramento when there is a wide array of lawyers between Clearlake and my office who handle personal injury cases. My answer is simple: I hand-select only the most serious personal injury cases. Many of these cases arise from:
- Automobile accidents;
- Commercial truck accidents;
- Auto accidents involving pedestrians and bicyclists;
- Motorcycle accidents;
- Bites from various animals (mostly dogs);
- Farm accidents;
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products;
- Slip and fall accidents; and
- Wrongful death.
When potential clients visit my Sacramento office, it is typically because they want to find a personal injury lawyer who has a vast amount of experience. They want to find an attorney who understands what they are going through; someone who will fight all the way to a trial, if necessary. They need to know that the lawyer they choose has the financial resources and experience that is required to obtain a fair amount of compensation for the injuries they have suffered.Tough & Reputable Legal Representation
I have worked long and hard the past 30+ years to build my track record of successful serious personal injury cases. I exclusively handle cases that involve serious, life-altering injuries. If you need a personal injury lawyer for a case that does not involve catastrophic injuries, I may be able to refer you to a reputable lawyer to handle your case.
My clients have left reviews on Yelp, Avvo, and Google. You can also watch a video of my client testimonials to find out more about how I have helped people.I Will Pay for Your Transportation and Overnight Stay in Sacramento
Suffering serious personal injuries due to someone else’s negligence is never fair. Please call me at (707) 564-1900 so we can chat about the details of your case. If I can help you, I will invite you to come visit me in Sacramento. I will even pay for your overnight stay, so you don’t have to turn around and drive back to Clearlake in the same day. This way, I also have the time to get to know you and get a feel for what you have been through.Choosing the Right Clearlake Personal Injury Attorney
Searching for and selecting the right personal injury attorney is incredibly daunting, especially if you have never needed a lawyer’s assistance before. On top of the confusion you are experiencing with the thousands of choices to pick from, you are also trying to recover from your injuries and handle your everyday life.
Even if you do not think I am the right Clearlake personal injury lawyer for you, here are some crucial things to consider when searching for the right legal representation for your case:
- Select someone who has extensive – and exclusive - experience in personal injury law. Think of it this way: Would you prefer to have a primary physician who has had some surgery experience perform surgery on your brain or do you want a brain surgeon who has performed successful surgeries every day for decades to do your surgery?
- Do extensive research on any Clearlake car accident lawyer you are interested in. Check out Avvo, Yelp, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media and review platforms to find out what past clients have said about the lawyers you are considering. The information is at your fingertips, so there is no reason not to be informed about your choice.
- Check to see if the Clearlake auto accident attorneys you are researching have taken cases to trial or not. One way to do this is to check out their past settlements and verdicts page on their website. If they do not have one on their website, ask them about their past cases. Most lawyers will be more than happy to share their successes with you.
If a lawyer is hesitant to talk about past verdicts and settlements, simply pass them by. If a lawyer only has settlements on their resume, it may mean that they are only comfortable with negotiating with insurance companies. It may also mean that they do not have the financial means to take cases to trial, which could significantly limit the compensation you will receive.
What if the final settlement offer is unfair? A single case can cost upwards of $150,000. If I take your case on and the insurance company is not being fair, my office knows how to properly prepare for a trial and I also have the financial resources to do it, if necessary.
I also made a Youtube video called How to Select the Right Personal Injury Lawyer:Meet My Staff and Me
I am a member of the following:
- Capitol City Trial Lawyers Association
- Brain Injury Association of California
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
I believe people should learn about and understand their rights. With that said, I have published thousands of educational articles in the personal injury niche, as well as two books that are available for purchase on Amazon.com: The Ultimate California Auto Injury Handbook and The California Motorcycle Accident Handbook.Clearlake FAQs:
Q: Do you know which intersections are the most dangerous in Clearlake?
A: Yes. The following intersections in Clearlake were accident sites in 2013:
- Davis Ave and Cedar Ave
- Lakeshore Dr and Golf Ave
- Lakeshore Dr and Rt 53
- Lakeshore Dr and Emory Ave
- Old Highway 53 and Ridgeview Dr
- Old Highway 53 and Cass Ave
- Old Highway 53 and Davis Ave
- Old Highway 53 and Olympic Dr
- Old Highway 53 and Putnam Ln
- Big Valley Rd and Thomas Dr
- Rt 53 and 18th Ave
- Rt 53 and Lakeshore Dr
Q: Can you recommend a reputable auto repair shop in Clearlake?
A: Unfortunately, there were not any auto repair shops in Clearlake with reviews on Yelp, but the following auto repair shop in Kelseyville had good reviews on Yelp:
9759 Broadmoor Way
Kelseyville, CA 95451
I’m Ed Smith, a Clearlake car accident and personal injury lawyer. If you or your loved one has experienced a serious personal injury in Clearlake, please call me today for friendly advice.
Image by sabri ismail from Pixabay
Editor’s Note: This page has been updated for accuracy and relevancy [cha 12.5.19]