Chronic pain can be excruciating and either partially or totally incapacitating. It takes an emotional toll on the person in pain as well as his or her family.
The emotional toll can make the pain even worse. Stress, anxiety, and depression interact in complex ways and can interfere with the body’s production of natural painkillers, and increase the production of substances than can amplify pain in the body such as cortisol. This can become a vicious cycle.
Treatment of chronic pain encompasses physical as well as psychological approaches.
As a Sacramento chronic pain attorney since 1982, I’ve written the guide below to outline some of the chronic pain issues that people may face and to outline possible solutions.
Please click on any of the links below to learn more about these various types of chronic pain.
- Behavioral Methods to help with Cramping and Burning Pain
- Cervical-Related Pain
- Cervical Sprain Overview
- Classifying Pain
- Colon and Rectal Trauma
- Complex Regional Pain Disorder
- Creating a Pain Management Program
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Posttraumatic Headaches
- Face and Jaw Pain
- FDA Approves ReActiv8
- Hypnotherapy in Pain Management
- Kratom: A Safe and Effective Opioid Alternative?
- Multidisciplinary Pain Clinics
- Neuropathic Pain
- Nutrition in Pain Management
- Prescription NSAIDS in Pain Management
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Post-traumatic Headaches
- The Diagnosis of Heel Pain
- The Scope of Chronic Pain
- Using Cannabis and Cannabinoids for Pain